Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2007, 18:14   #31
God Member

Re: Schoolgirls to receive cancer jabs

bit of info I found on the topic
HPV Vaccines
seems to be quite a bit of discussion on the subject
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2007, 18:50   #32
God Member

Found that very interesting thanks steeljack. One thing that does alarm me is how many kids are having sex at such a young age. I know things are very different to when we were kids but the numbers are quite frightening IMHO. Whatever happened to kids being kids?
Old 27-10-2007, 18:59   #33
Beacon of light

Bernie, they are exposed to all kinds of adult themes in the media and they want to appear grown up.
Little do they realise that innocence cannot be retrieved.....however, if they are going to indulge in adult pursuits then they should be protected.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 19:05   #34
Resting in peace

Quote:
steeljack 485639, bit of info I found on the topic
HPV Vaccines
seems to be quite a bit of discussion on the subject
That was very informative steejack, and I would urge yet again to the unconverted, grab anything that will keep this curse at bay with both hands and feet. Before the offer is not there, some terminalCancer patients cannot get the life extending drugs to have a few more years, because they are considered a 'lost cause' but those extra years may see a son and daughter married grandchildren born etc, refuse nothing.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 07:58   #35
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Thinks its brill, shame its not for older peeps as well, having just had lazer treatment for the second time ! Deffo coming back as a man next time.
It is a shame that older women can't have this but it would be like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted. The point of giving it so young is to try to ensure that it is given before exposure to HPV (virgins). This is a vaccine not a cure so it would be essentially useless to give it to a 30-40 year old woman unless she was a virgin.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 11:35   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Bernie, they are exposed to all kinds of adult themes in the media and they want to appear grown up.
Little do they realise that innocence cannot be retrieved.....however, if they are going to indulge in adult pursuits then they should be protected.
Yes I know that but when you see just how many it is quite a shock and I totally agree they should be offered any protection that is available.
Old 28-10-2007, 15:15   #37
Resident Waffler

It's an excellent idea. Get them before they become sexually active. Unfortunately some 12/13 year olds already are.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 21:55   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAlec View Post
"...for older peeps..." - Your not old hehe

Yea deffo a good idea. I heard this was going to happen a few weeks back and believe that people of all ages should be able to have it as well!

Awww bless ... what you after ? more spending money
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..