Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 09:15   #31
TJH

Re: Shop Locally - What A Joke!!!

Garinda, you have taken what i said as an insult me thinks!. Not my intention as i was merely trying to convey then point that not all insurance companies replace items directly and that if the salesman thought what you had written about insurance companies just sending me out the power tools was correct. Then yes i can see his point in his attitude. However for the Forum User know as Less, i think you a right idiot as they say locally.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2012, 09:17   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH View Post
Oh thats a simple conclusion Garinda, the insurance company when asked, stated they would pay via cheque and then request evidence that the money had been spent on replacing the stolen items. So i was no wasting the precious time of the salesman.

....and the other two firms, you sought quotes from, what will they get for their efforts?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:20   #33
TJH

Garinda, i think its great that people "stick" up for local firms, but cant i say that i found there service poor?. surely i can without being attacked my a few people saying the service is great and this guy must be a moaner with nothing more to do?.

Lets clarify exactly the point i was trying to make, on the day i went in, the service was terrible.

Speculate all you want on why and then come to the conclusion is was my attitude that was in fact the problem, but when all is said and done. Its only a point of view, ill shop somewhere else, you will continue to use them. Its freedom of choice.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:22   #34
TJH

Nothing at all, you are totally right. Some people blame Gordon Brown, others the French but you have now solved the question of why we are in recession. TJH goes around getting quotes from nation firms and then spends the money locally!!!. Do we still have stocks in Accrington?, maybe you could throw rotten food at me for my crimes against shop staff?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:25   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Why should i help a moaner, i will use that as the most simple minded, selfish and pathetic quote of 2012. Although its only the 2/01/2012 i feel that quote most reflects Accrington. There was no shop manager present, why should i argue to spend money in the precious town of Accrington. Like you said, they don't need me and Less i don't need them, although i would expect that if you informed the manager you could have lost them £2500 of custom i would think they would say thank you, we couldn't be bothered anyway.
You're absolutely correct in that it is a selfish and simple statement of mine, though simple minded? Pathetic?
No way, I don't want you in front of me in the engineering retailers upsetting the staff with your high and mighty attitude ruining their day and wasting the time of genuine customers stuck behind you.
You now say there wasn't a Manager in the shop, (that wasn't in the first post), however before coming on here and slagging them off I suspect any reasonable person would have called back when there was a Manager present and would have had a far more positive response than you got from the assistant that let you and the shop down.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:30   #36
TJH

Less, Garinda. You both win, ill take my attitude and leave Accyweb. I would ask members look back at all my posts. You will see they have all be posted to help people and advise on local issues. I don't post often, only when i have a problem or advice. But ill leave it to the above members. I don't see why i should argue to say i had bad service or receive grief for my efforts. A local forum for local forum? no a local forum for bullied kids who now feel its there turn to verbally attack anyone who's "face" does not fit. I can only be grateful for the nice comments ive had over the past few years and i hope with hind sight my actions were rash. But although ill not be missed, i will feel i have lost resource for public information
Old 02-01-2012, 09:32   #37
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Garinda, i think its great that people "stick" up for local firms, but cant i say that i found there service poor?. surely i can without being attacked my a few people saying the service is great and this guy must be a moaner with nothing more to do?.

Lets clarify exactly the point i was trying to make, on the day i went in, the service was terrible.

Speculate all you want on why and then come to the conclusion is was my attitude that was in fact the problem, but when all is said and done. Its only a point of view, ill shop somewhere else, you will continue to use them. Its freedom of choice.

I'm not 'sticking up for them'.

Like you, I'm just giving my take, on the level of customer service, I found in there.

Which in my experience was very good.

Hence no moaning from me, and it seems no one else on here, besides yourself.

As stated earlier, in a similar position to yourself, I didn't have any problems, and found people very willing to help me.

Probably benefited from having the right attitude, when seeking assistance from others.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:40   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Less, Garinda. You both win, ill take my attitude and leave Accyweb. I would ask members look back at all my posts. You will see they have all be posted to help people and advise on local issues. I don't post often, only when i have a problem or advice. But ill leave it to the above members. I don't see why i should argue to say i had bad service or receive grief for my efforts. A local forum for local forum? no a local forum for bullied kids who now feel its there turn to verbally attack anyone who's "face" does not fit. I can only be grateful for the nice comments ive had over the past few years and i hope with hind sight my actions were rash. But although ill not be missed, i will feel i have lost resource for public information
A moaner, unable to take criticism, and now playing the victim card.

Full house.

Well done.

You've been able to publicly name and shame a local firm, who you thought provided bad service to you.

Others, have given their experiences, which seem at odds with your's.

It's called balance.

Leave, don't leave. I care not.

Perhaps you can also claim for a new dummy.

As an essential tool of your trade.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:03   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Full house.

Well done.

You've been able to publicly name and shame a local firm, who you thought provided bad service to you.

It's called balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I suspect any reasonable person would have called back when there was a Manager present and would have had a far more positive response than you got from the assistant that let you and the shop down.
Yes, a moaner as can be seen from the above quote I wasn't exactly defending the assistant, just criticising the fact that the shop was condemned for one incident that wasn't followed up by the moaner to rectify this lack of service.
One bad apple etc.
That doesn't mean the whole company or it's staff should be condemned, if by expressing my thoughts to the 'victim' of this horrendous act I am now a bully then a bully I shall remain, (I find sack cloth and ashes too tedious to wear so won't be recanting anything).
Old 02-01-2012, 10:05   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Full house.

Well done.

It's called balance.

Ya but he'll have to be careful where he goes to purchase one, the staff may not be up to scratch
Old 02-01-2012, 10:11   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yes, a moaner as can be seen from the above quote I wasn't exactly defending the assistant, just criticising the fact that the shop was condemned for one incident that wasn't followed up by the moaner to rectify this lack of service.
One bad apple etc.
That doesn't mean the whole company or it's staff should be condemned, if by expressing my thoughts to the 'victim' of this horrendous act I am now a bully then a bully I shall remain, (I find sack cloth and ashes too tedious to wear so won't be recanting anything).
Ya like I said earlier in the thread I had a problem about one useless employee at a store in town, but didn't blame the store and was more than satisfied with the service I recieved from the manager, I just find it a little strange that somebody in employment would take this route to hand in their notice
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21   #42
God Member

Quote:

It wasn't just the one shop that got critiscised, it was all the town's businesses. Without looking back was something like, 'Typical of whats wrong with Accrington'
Old 02-01-2012, 10:33   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It wasn't just the one shop that got critiscised, it was all the town's businesses. Without looking back was something like, 'Typical of whats wrong with Accrington'
Yup.

Quote:
So, for everyone who wants Accrington to be a nice and busy town, you have one problem, it seems some shop owners are making so much money that they don't need us, the customer.

I drove over to Nelson, where Able Tools are and got a quote for everything within 10 minutes.

Typical of what i think is wrong with Accrington.
Everything in Accy is bad, because of this one incident.

Whereas everything in Nelson is just peachy, apparently.

One bad apple, and all that, means some would like to tarnish your own business Dave.

Sorry about that.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:36   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Yes Dave and for my oversight I humbly apologise, after all just like everyone except the thread starter, nobody's perfect!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41   #45
God Member

Quote:
Yup.

Everything in Accy is bad, because of this one incident.

Whereas everything in Nelson is just peachy, apparently.

One bad apple, and all that, means some would like to tarnish your own business Dave.

Sorry about that.

Having escaped the dark life of Nelson for the sunnier climate of Accrington I know the truth

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..