Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2005, 18:55   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Snow - will it or won't it?

Personally, I hope it doesn't......snow looks Ok in pictures......but in reality, it is a pain.....plus I don't want any travel delays this weekend.....I'm off to Exmouth.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2005, 19:24   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Well it looks like my sledging is canned this weekend it will snow but it wont lying around for long. Going to go to a corner and weep.
I'll take a nice scenic picture of the winter wonderland that your missing Spug
Old 22-11-2005, 19:27   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I'll take a nice scenic picture of the winter wonderland that your missing Spug
Thanks T sniff sniff it will help the pain a bit sniff.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 13:24   #19
Resting in peace

I don't want snow until Christmas. The thought of bad weather stopping our trip to Ossy on 22 December is terrifying - I don't mind once we get there, it can snow the whole country in for all I care, but PLEASE hold off until after 22 December!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 13:31   #20
I am Banned

Its my daughters 10th birthday tomoz & shes been praying it will snow again on her birthday - happened on her 1st birthday & it was a really bad snowfall that luckily people managed to get to us but getting home was another story we had a few feet of snow within hours!! So for past week she has been hoping it will do it again & scarily could be very possible lol altho if its bad Harry Potter is off lmao
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 17:41   #21
Resting in Peace

A-B wind from north/nor-west will blow straight into our neck of the woods and the beloved pennines will whip round and make for drifting snow and freezing conditions...................................i dont want snow this weekend as I'm on NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm might have to see about getting a fwd amb out just in case we end up in the moors brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 17:43   #22
God Member

Who do I complain to if I dont get the snow I want for the weekend?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 18:53   #23
God Member

Sorry, bit of an "Observer" moment there, I meant, of course, North/Northeast. Well, one cannot be perfect all the time.
Old 23-11-2005, 19:39   #24
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Its my daughters 10th birthday tomoz & shes been praying it will snow again on her birthday - happened on her 1st birthday & it was a really bad snowfall that luckily people managed to get to us but getting home was another story we had a few feet of snow within hours!! So for past week she has been hoping it will do it again & scarily could be very possible lol altho if its bad Harry Potter is off lmao
I hope your lucky Mel, Happy birthday to the little one, may she greeted by many more snowy birthdays.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 19:42   #25
Member.

I'm hoping that we get some. I’ve just winterised my walking kit so I’m hope for a dump in the lakes. There’s a chance of a little mid week and a promise of a fall on Sunday afternoon.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 19:46   #26
Accy Goddess

If it snow's then I just hope it snow's when I dont have to go out.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 13:45   #27
Give, give, give member

Sorry, being selfish I know because I don't have to go out in it, but I wanted it to snow today. It looks like we are going to miss it but Scotland and Wales will get it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 13:57   #28

i got told it was going to snow last night but it hasnt but as they say it is too cold to snow
wellbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 14:29   #29
Resting in peace

Just looked out of the office window - AAARRGH! - horizontal sleet, absolutely foul.

Why can't human beings hibernate? - just wake up for Christmas, then off again until March.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 14:32   #30
God Member

Same this side of town. We should'nt be getting this before Accy, surely? Or has the Met Office cocked up again?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..