Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 19:41   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: Spray Tan From Hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
It was only £10 and quite honestly it wasn't so much the money as the defensive attitude and insistance that they had done nothing wrong which really annoyed me.

The shop owner/manageress has now tried to claim it is all my daughter's fault for wearing inappropriate clothing. My response to that is if they thought her clothing might damage the tan why did they go ahead and do it without telling her that? However, if you look at the photos the areas which are white have quite clearly not been sprayed, not rubbed off by clothing and the type of clothing she wore would not account for the palms of her hands being tanned and the stupid instruction to rub in the liquid with her hands when the machine spit it out in liquid form.

Thank you to all the people who said nice things about her. Yes, she did just want to look her best for a special occasion and isn't one of those people in the habit of indulging in a spray tan on a regular basis - perhaps if she was then she would have realised the person doing it was far from competent at the time.

I've been in touch with Trading Standards and waiting to hear from them on the subject. I'm sure there are laws about refusing to give refunds too.

As for gilding the lily - well I got my hair cut and coloured and bought some new clothes for the occasion. I suppose wearing my scruffy old jeans and a t-shirt might have been acceptable to some but hardly desireable. It's natural to 'make an effort' for a special day. I'm glad she chose to go for a spray tan rather than a series of sunbed sessions which lead to all sorts of potential health problems. I hope she ends up more like Joan than Brigitte in her later years
You get the prize for spotting that it was Brigitte, who was the sun worshiping fan of the tan.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2011, 19:41   #32
Beacon of light

Thank you for the update Willow. I hope you get some joy from the trading standards department....but I think the best thing about this thread is to perhaps warn others that this place is not the best place to go to get a spray tan.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 19:54   #33
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You get the prize for spotting that it was Brigitte, who was the sun worshiping fan of the tan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Thank you for the update Willow. I hope you get some joy from the trading standards department....but I think the best thing about this thread is to perhaps warn others that this place is not the best place to go to get a spray tan.
Well we can't undo what has been done but I hope we can prevent someone else from having the same experience. And if this salon is not using proper equipment or proper techniques then perhaps that can be changed so the same doesn't happen again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Surely these tanning places need some sort of certificate of competence before they are allowed to plaster chemicals over people's bodies?
I didn't see the certificates which the salon claims to have but wherever this 'therapist' was trained maybe they'd be interested in seeing the results of her 'skills' - it might make them think twice about who they give certificates to.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 20:03   #34
God Member

I recently was treated badly by a furniture firm.
I left a bad review on Qype and they saw it
I have browsed Qype pages and found the one you need.
Beauty & Wellness United Kingdom | Qype Reviews

Even if it never deters anyone from using that salon it helps to vent your feelings

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 20:11   #35
Resident Waffler

Thank you Margaret.

Old 07-08-2011, 20:27   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

as opposd to the one who as had more re-builds and re-sprays than a 57 chevy and probably has her face fillings/make-up delivered in bulk from a concrete mixing/batch plant
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 21:32   #37
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
as opposd to the one who as had more re-builds and re-sprays than a 57 chevy and probably has her face fillings/make-up delivered in bulk from a concrete mixing/batch plant
Forgive me Mother.

For I know not what I do...or say.

I'll repeat St. Steeljack's prayer, The Sun Doesn't Age You - Really, It Doesn't, a hundred times.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:42   #38
Senior Member+

im onot one for all that faffing about but i did for my wedding,(not a tan, i'd look ridiculous) i got a couple of my sisters student friends to do it all, they did a brilliant job (if i say so myself ;-) ) and ddnt cost as much as a salon

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:36   #39
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsbergaddict View Post
Hi, my wife does mobile spray tans using the best tanning solution there is - fake bake...it doesnt streak or leave blotches/yellow stains etc, just looks natural...as shes mobile she comes to your house, uses a spray tent so no mess etc..

Can we have her contact details for future reference? (maybe need to send a PM) It sounds like a great idea to get it done at home where you can just chill out in PJs afterwards.

This 'tan' gets weirder and weirder because now a few days later it is actually wearing off in areas such as her wrist where her bracelet and watch are. Is that normal? I wouldn't have thought so. She has white areas today in the exact shape of a bracelet she wore yesterday.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:21   #40
God Member

Yes it is normal willow, i find that my feet start going patchy first, then the crook of my arms and wrists, i was told they can last for upto a week, because i bath a lot mine lasted about 5 days
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:56   #41
Resident Waffler

Oh good, then hopefully it should be coming off soon if she keeps washing and showering.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:00   #42
God Member

If she wants it off a bit quicker, tell her to exfoliate everytime she showers/bathes, one of those bath scrunchie things will help
Old 08-08-2011, 11:23   #43
Resident Waffler

Thanks Flashy. She will be exfoliating and scrubbing like mad at all the very dark places.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:44   #44
God Member

Just be careful and tell her not to scrub too hard, she will end up with sore skin

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..