Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2009, 16:04   #181
Resting in Peace

Re: swine fever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
There's a bit of a delay the printers have read the first proofs and are all suffering Hypochondria, they are off work after throwing in sick notes left, right and centre!
Ahhhhhhhhhh that explains it
Old 05-05-2009, 17:10   #182
God Member

Interesting item on the news yesterday .... a young girl in Alberta is in intensive care, suffering from a severe case of swine flu .... strange thing is, she hasn't been to Mexico, or come into contact with anyone who has .... but this is the provice where the flu passed from an infected human to a herd of hogs ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 17:16   #183
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Interesting item on the news yesterday .... a young girl in Alberta is in intensive care, suffering from a severe case of swine flu .... strange thing is, she hasn't been to Mexico, or come into contact with anyone who has .... but this is the provice where the flu passed from an infected human to a herd of hogs ....

She has probably been told, "Ignore everything else, we'll sue the pant's off the Mexicans!".
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 18:35   #184
God Member

Quote:
She has probably been told, "Ignore everything else, we'll sue the pant's off the Mexicans!".
Can't sue Mexicans ... they're broke

However the poor pigs are being slaughtered .... I think Swine Flu is the second biggest threat to pigs ... the first is the "full English breakfast."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 00:49   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

I will now retire gracefully to another forum where I am still welcome - bye
Another appreciated Accy web user driven away by the mob , guess thats allways been a problem with Accrington/Hyndburn , you kick one you kick twenty , some posts/replies on Accy web suggest deeper inbreeding and hereditry mental deficencies than were ever shown in the movie Deliverence
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:27   #186
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Another appreciated Accy web user driven away by the mob , guess thats allways been a problem with Accrington/Hyndburn , you kick one you kick twenty , some posts/replies on Accy web suggest deeper inbreeding and hereditry mental deficencies than were ever shown in the movie Deliverence
Another?..come on steeljack I'm not having it.. anyone who gets the "hump" on here and gets fed up with posting complete bollocks is missing out!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:03   #187
God Member

anyways I reckon it's all down to these two Mexican slags that blagged their way in on false passports and a bit of talcum powder

Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 23:16   #188

They said "pigs will fly" before there will be a black man in the White House...

well...Swine flu!
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:47   #189
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
They said "pigs will fly" before there will be a black man in the White House...

well...Swine flu!
That's not PC, he's a American of African Origin
Old 07-05-2009, 12:51   #190
Junior Member+

Swine flu- are you worried?

Hi all,

Just being curious. Are you worried about swine flu?
I am a little as my partner is in the forces and gets to find out news and decisions that the government has made and its worrying. Im more concered for my 9 months old son than myself. I have also heard that a pupil at a school in blackburn has got the virus but hasent been in contact with anyone at school.

Let me know your thoughts

Stacey
staceylovesmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 16:12   #191
Resting in Peace

Re: Swine flu- are you worried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceylovesmark View Post
Hi all,

Just being curious. Are you worried about swine flu?
I am a little as my partner is in the forces and gets to find out news and decisions that the government has made and its worrying. Im more concered for my 9 months old son than myself. I have also heard that a pupil at a school in blackburn has got the virus but hasent been in contact with anyone at school.

Let me know your thoughts

Stacey
Think you find there's another thread already on this topic Stacey
Old 07-05-2009, 16:29   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think you find there's another thread already on this topic Stacey
Yes there is, but it's such an important topic, I would like to say if I die from it I promise I won't ever mention it again.
Old 07-05-2009, 16:35   #193
God Member

Quote:
Yes there is, but it's such an important topic, I would like to say if I die from it I promise I won't ever mention it again.

Just think.... ya'll never mention anything ever again

Quick... get it all off ya chest Less
Old 07-05-2009, 16:43   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass28 View Post
Just think.... ya'll never mention anything ever again

Quick... get it all off ya chest Less

Oh dear I feel a belt around the ear coming on, "easy for you to say!"
Old 07-05-2009, 17:47   #195
Resting in Peace

Seems there is a trend for 'Swine Flu Parties' to be held. The idea is for guests to infect themselves with this virus in the hope they catch a mild form of the flu, so that if it comes back in a stronger form they will have immunity, how many other people will they infect who are more vulnerable .... idiots .... Would you do this ?
Their theory is based on the Spanish Flu outbreak ... people who caught the first dose appeared not to catch the return a few months later. This, of course, is a different strain, and no evidence as yet.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..