Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2009, 19:44   #91
God Member

Re: swine fever.

Still think this whole thing is bs .... not much else in the news right now ... I think if we had a competition to come up with a cutsie no-threatening name for the thing, no one would take it seriously .... maybe it's an alien thing: the little green men are taking time out from anal probing, and are getting their giggles watching us running around in masks, scared spitless.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2009, 20:16   #92
jem

may be your right eric me and my hubby thinks there is a chance of it being something to do with all that because if everyone takes a moment and thing since the beginning of 2009 things like ufo sightings Meteorite now swine flu somethig is going on in the world
Old 30-04-2009, 20:58   #93
God Member

I have been searching you tube for Windsor Davis and his famous line 'Shut Up' when I listen to the BBC and Sky....B'Sh1t, B'Sh1t, B'sh1t in red was the cry.
Newsworthy but well OTT.
It is serious and should be addressed but do we shut up shop?
I got asian flu going through the Suez Canal in 1957 and thought I was a gonner but am still here and that was a troop ship carrying 2000 bods, and we did'nt loose one.
Note to MR..............Herbals would not have saved you on that trip.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 21:15   #94
Passed away 25-11-09

I got Asian Flu too, Royboy, but I was only 14. It was horrendous and I was in bed for about 4 days then weak as a kitten for a further 2 weeks. It's since then that I get annoyed when people who have a bad cold say they've got flu.
Old 30-04-2009, 21:20   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I got Asian Flu too, Royboy, but I was only 14. It was horrendous and I was in bed for about 4 days then weak as a kitten for a further 2 weeks. It's since then that I get annoyed when people who have a bad cold say they've got flu.
i was in bed fer 2 weeks wi it in me early teens, was seriously knackered. ive always been bugged at the tarts that say they have flu n are knocking about, BS.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:15   #96
Resting in Peace

Saw a photo this morning of a woman arriving at Gatwick airport from Cancun, she was wearing a face mask, she was carrying a Teddy Bear who was also wearing a face mask
Old 01-05-2009, 09:19   #97
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
It bugs me too, I got 'Red Flu' (the Russian Strain) in the early 80's. I was bedbound for nearly 2 weeks and had 3 weeks off school. Those who ring in sick with Flu and are back at work a couple of days later have had a cold (or maybe Man Flu).

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:10   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
It bugs me too, I got 'Red Flu' (the Russian Strain) in the early 80's. I was bedbound for nearly 2 weeks and had 3 weeks off school. Those who ring in sick with Flu and are back at work a couple of days later have had a cold (or maybe Man Flu).
Man Flu, lettie no such thing
Old 01-05-2009, 19:05   #99
God Member

Caught this on the news: some are worried that if the name isn't changed from "swine flu" to something more neutral (Like H-1-N-1, or the Mexican Trots), there will be thousands of pigs facing slaughter ... think about it .... pigs don't have that many options in life other than ending up next to the bacon or the spuds .... sheesh.
Old 01-05-2009, 19:07   #100
God Member

Oops ... that should be "eggs" not "bacon" ... but you get the picture ... anyhow, if we had a good earthquake or a tidal wave somewhere, the swine flu would soon be on the back burner (next to the bacon).
Old 01-05-2009, 19:49   #101
God Member

This experiment in the provocation of mass hysteria has backfired and left egg on the face of the World Health Organisation.

Next time they will have learned by their mistakes , but we too have learned-
....don't automatically believe that you are being provided with the truth......

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 20:35   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
This experiment in the provocation of mass hysteria has backfired and left egg on the face of the World Health Organisation.

Next time they will have learned by their mistakes , but we too have learned-
....don't automatically believe that you are being provided with the truth......
Have the alternative medicine Wallahs come up with a cure for Swine Flu yet?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 20:41   #103
Senior Member+

All big businesses have contingency plans ready in case the worst does happen, and believe me, it ain't pretty!
Old 01-05-2009, 20:46   #104

I think cure always been at hand !! still think man made to divert attention from real issue's
nortype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 20:59   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
All big businesses have contingency plans ready in case the worst does happen, and believe me, it ain't pretty!
What are the plans in case the worst happens.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..