Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2007, 15:49   #31
God Member

Re: Tag elderly people, says science minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I thought you'd already had a tag? **** don't tell me you are walking around free.......
Yes I was......I don't pay to walk around!! people pay me to do that

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2007, 15:51   #32
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Yes I was......I don't pay to walk around!! people pay me to do that

Yes, I'm still waiting for my refund.........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 15:51   #33
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I can see the merit of the idea in certain circumstances, but we would be better off providing better care in the first place. Things like this and other ideas like Tele Care aren’t the answer.

What kind of better care do you suggest?

Maybe we should all be tagged so that we can be found if we get lost. Remember the child that went missing not long ago? It's panic stations for parents when they can't find a child. OK it I understand that it may not prevent someone getting into danger but if it cuts down on the hours of worry by helping to find someone sooner............ I suppose we'll never agree on it any more than people agree on the need for elderly relatives to be in sheltered housing etc. I'd just personally rather be safe than sorry.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 17:24   #34
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Hello is that the police tag line?
(recorded voice) Hello you have contacted the police tag line if the person you wish to trace is a neighbour, PRESS 1.

If the person you wish to trace is a relative that you are only mildly concerned about PRESS 2.

If the person is known to disappear for days on end and comes back smelling of beer, DON'T PRESS ANYTHING IT'S YOUR HUSBAND, YOU NEED RELATE!

If the person has gone missing with one of our tags and we don't manage to find them you will be responsible for reimbursing the full cost of the missing piece of equipment, PRESS 3........hello? HELLOOO? No they've rung off again!

That's made my day. Brilliant!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..