Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2012, 21:04   #121

Re: Tanker Driver' Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
At first sight this looked like a wind up:
BBC News - Fuel driver hours rules relaxed by government

Hang on here..the tanker drivers voted for "possible" strike action over health and safety along with unsafe working hours..now in response to possible fuel shortages caused by the government they have relaxed the hours petrol tanker drivers can drive from 9 hrs to 11 hrs...who are these idiots? ..
As I said in my earlier post, they'll be making a mint with the overtime from extra deliveries, a lot of people fell for their cunning plan.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2012, 21:14   #122
Senior Member+

A woman has been seriously burned while she was pouring petrol from can to can in her kitchen.

Number of filling stations affected by Panic buying = 8,000+
Rise in sale of jerry cans at Halfords since Minister= 500%
Francis Maud advised people to fill a can.
Rise in sales of petrol since farce began. = 81%
Extra fuel duty collected on Weds alone. = £32million
Drivers offered £250 in overtime to deliver petrol to empty garages!
Number of fuel delivery strikes announced = Zero.

All because of the Con dems (Condemned)

Last edited by kestrelx; 30-03-2012 at 21:18.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 21:28   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
A bit like yourself really an embarrassment to the Labour Party but your too thick to see it, not fit for purpose
ho ho ho usual cant debate policy so personal attack sounds familiar oohh ye you think you are a tory lol
Old 30-03-2012, 21:36   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
As I said in my earlier post, they'll be making a mint with the overtime from extra deliveries, a lot of people fell for their cunning plan.
Puts to bed the EU directive on working hours at a stroke.. but then again the goverment have always had that option...they just forgot to tell us!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 22:30   #125

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Nothing to do with the EU Working Time Regulations...they are simple to bypass with a signature on a piece of paper...(as are most rules made by the EU). This is a Health and Safety issue, but H&S tend to use the word 'reasonable' which, as we all know, is subjective, and can be tweaked to suit the moment
Old 30-03-2012, 22:47   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Nothing to do with the EU Working Time Regulations...they are simple to bypass with a signature on a piece of paper...(as are most rules made by the EU). This is a Health and Safety issue, but H&S tend to use the word 'reasonable' which, as we all know, is subjective, and can be tweaked to suit the moment
Like I said it's put to bed any so called EU directives..the ones that only exist in the small minds of some prolific posters on here.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 08:32   #127
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
ho ho ho usual cant debate policy so personal attack sounds familiar oohh ye you think you are a tory lol
How can I personally attack a faceless wonder, for all I know you could be Tony Blair in disguises, or on second thoughts maybe not
Old 01-04-2012, 17:40   #128
Full Member+

Looks like the fuel protesters are jumping on the bandwagon with their open declaration that they are determined to bring down the government, but to be replaced by what : a rabble-rousing mob of union activists intent on returning us to the bad old days of beer and sandwiches at #10? The potential for damage to this once great country are mind-boggling, particularly in a year when we have been promised so much to look forward to. If Cameron and his cronies don't get their act together soon, then we are doomed no matter who is at the helm.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 18:14   #129
God Member

people need to read the facts most of these truckers are not in a union.these other truckers are financially crippled by the tories while the toffs are at their black tie dinners laughing at the oiks
Old 01-04-2012, 18:28   #130
Resting in Peace

Quote:
people need to read the facts most of these truckers are not in a union.these other truckers are financially crippled by the tories while the toffs are at their black tie dinners laughing at the oiks
You really are a dinosaur, tell us the truth when's it your 100th birthday
Old 01-04-2012, 19:24   #131
Always EVIL within us

I've just read through 9 pages on this thread and have heard how the Government are to blame or it's the Fuel companies, even the garage outlets. but what about the Tanker drivers?

They say that they want better health & safety conditions, bigger pension, improved sick pay - but may now settle for just a 27% pay rise instead!! These guys earn circa £900-00 for driving 37 hours a week and will be looking to collect a rise that is almost as much as I earn for a 48 hour week!
Old 01-04-2012, 20:27   #132
God Member

they are driving a bomb .i would like to think they were getting a decent wage.this is not about money this is outsourcing to agencies
Old 01-04-2012, 21:09   #133
God Member

they are not allowed to leave their trucks so they cant just pop into a 24 hour cafe service station etc so they work a little bit harder than the other hard working truckers
Old 02-04-2012, 08:51   #134
Resting in Peace

Quote:
they are not allowed to leave their trucks so they cant just pop into a 24 hour cafe service station etc so they work a little bit harder than the other hard working truckers
They know exactly what the job is when they take it, and £900 isn't exactly peanuts is it, in fact I would think there aren't too many on this website earn more for a 37 hr week
Old 02-04-2012, 15:18   #135
Senior Member+

It's well above the local average wage. Wish I could get £900 for 37 hours.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..