Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2006, 22:53   #1
Resting in Peace

Telephone chat.

Suspect this just for the ladies on here.

One of my very good friends rang me at 8 o'clock, the connection was finally disconnected at 11.15 p.m. Well! had a lot of important issues to discuss and catching up, also what clothes we had bought for our forthcoming holiday, etc. Not all facile conversation, I assure you, talked about my work and how we would have handled the company if in our hands, discusssed all the political issues and main story headlines of this week. Television programmes, crime, family. Guess if totalled covered around 50 subjects. We women are so versatile aren't we and interesting.

Know I am setting myself up for sexist remarks here, however, isn't it good to talk like this sometimes and never want to put the phone down as new topics cropping up every 10 minutes or so.

Last edited by katex; 29-04-2006 at 12:02.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2006, 22:56   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Telephone chat.

Notice Your friend was paying the bill
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 23:00   #3
Give, give, give member

You spent all morning discussing these wonderful subjects, yet this is the best that you thought you'd share with us?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 23:00   #4
Resting in Peace

Absolutely Simon ... of course I noticed However, dirt cheap at night and on a land line (getting thing of the past at the moment).
Promise will take my turn next call.
Old 28-04-2006, 23:04   #5
Give, give, give member

With your husky tones you should work for one of those premium lines. If you can keep 'em up for that long you'd make a fortune at £1.50 per minute.

Old 28-04-2006, 23:08   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
You spent all morning discussing these wonderful subjects, yet this is the best that you thought you'd share with us?
Well, very good Garinda, read all the posts this week and that's where I have picked up all these wonderful subjects, so had to show off my knowledge on the back of people like yerself ... that's where most conversations and opinions eminate from, is it not ? .. listening to and reading others ideas (coughs). Us women are like sponges.

Can't say I'm not trying.

Got outta' that one OK methinks
Old 28-04-2006, 23:10   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
With your husky tones you should work for one of those premium lines. If you can keep 'em up for that long you'd make a fortune at £1.50 per minute.
Husky tones ??..'fraid that's the fags.
Old 28-04-2006, 23:12   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Husky tones ??..'fraid that's the fags.
Try working on phone lines for hetrosexual men then.

Old 29-04-2006, 00:00   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=katex Us women are like sponges. don,t we know it.
Old 29-04-2006, 07:28   #10
I am Banned

why are you called latex?
bad breath brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 07:46   #11
God Member

Us blokes go to the pub when we want to chat to our mates for three hours

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 09:39   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Takes some of them that long to get ready for the pub.

As for nattering most proberly have conference phones to natter while alledgedly getting ready to go out.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 10:50   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad breath brown
why are you called latex?
That is Staggers idea of a joke ! Ah wish, I could live up to the idea of a woman in latex, whip in hand, etc., to men would be a far more exciting person. Alas, not the case. Think I could sue him for deformation of character ?
Old 29-04-2006, 11:01   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Exactly and we are left behind to look after the children, etc !! So gotta do summat 'aint we for adult company now and then. Anyway, read once where men only ever covered 5 topics in conversation, will try and remember them.

Always thought it unfair that we women can't just nip along to the pub without being thought of as sad, lonely or desperately seeking male company. Especially in Lancs. If I went in my local pub on my own, there would be whispers of 'What's ......... 's ex wife doing in here, whisper, whisper, whisper" Bet even Staggers has viewed suspiciously a woman sat on her own in the corner of his pub without a companion, friendly though they are.
Old 29-04-2006, 14:54   #15
God Member

Is because they are out of place in a pub they go bingo? Besides I thought the ladies were glad to get their fellas from under their feet.

My local has women that pop in for a drink or few on their tod just for a bit of peace or after work and yes that does include some with kids. As they know the regulars it aint seen as odd they just like to unwind a bit prior to the madness.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..