Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 21:40   #181
God Member

re: Thatchers eighties are back - London Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Isn't that what kicked off this lot in the first place?...the shooting of a petty criminal...or at least that is what is supposed to have started it.
Why aren't they using CS gas and rubber bullets? Water cannon and smart water..then round 'em all up.
We don't have water cannons on the UK mainland, only in Northern ireland
Old 08-08-2011, 21:43   #182

The police should finish filling out their risk assesments by wednesday, then they can go and sort it out.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 21:44   #183
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
We don't have water cannons on the UK mainland, only in Northern ireland
Amazing the Dutch had em in 69, i remember being hit by one. n that wasn't rioting,they were just swilling the dossers off the "Dam Square" pmsl

Last edited by cashman; 08-08-2011 at 21:46.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 21:44   #184
God Member

I wonder if that wastrel Cameron will declare a State of Emergency on his return from sunnier climates? Although we don't have the Riot Act anymore, at least that way he could declare them to be shot on sight.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 21:48   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Amazing the Dutch had em in 69, i remember being hit by one.
I remember having an argument with some members of the French CRS in Paris back in '85...one of 'em whipped out his gun and held it to my head. I wouldn't mind, but I'd only been peeing in the back of a dustcart.
Old 08-08-2011, 21:51   #186
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Isn't that what kicked off this lot in the first place?...the shooting of a petty criminal...or at least that is what is supposed to have started it.
Why aren't they using CS gas and rubber bullets? Water cannon and smart water..then round 'em all up.
I'd say that what is happening now has sod all to do with any shootings and most of these opportunist rioters and arsonists would not even know the name of the bloke shot... this is simply an excuse for mostly teens and young adults to run around causing aggro..any reason for the the events in Tottenham have gone out the window..it's a free for all for those inclined to smash things up and rob.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 21:55   #187

Is this what he meant when he said the big society and people doing things for themselves!!!!!!
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 21:56   #188
Super Moderator

Declare a curfew, send the army in, looters to be shot on sight.
Old 08-08-2011, 21:58   #189
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
yep agree 100% its whats required, all this has occured though since Bee went on holiday.
Old 08-08-2011, 22:04   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
To some idiots, well one actually, this seems to be like some stupid virtual reality game.

With extra points awarded, if you shoot down a political enemy, and which has excited them into a voyeuristic frenzy, from the safety of their croft.

Innocent people might very well die.

As well as all the homes and businesses being destroyed, that might not get rebuilt for years.

That's aside from the real fear that all the decent people, living in the areas targeted by these scumbags, are having to cope with.
no it dont seem a virtual reality game people have been warning about this all year this has been pre-planned by criminals taking bobbies off the street is not the answer and sunbathing while your capital city burns is not good leadership .thats just a point of view thats not political point scoring whoever was in charge its just plain wrong its total anarchy its not funny its like guerilla warfare.
Old 08-08-2011, 22:04   #191
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
What army? this is 2011 mate!
Old 08-08-2011, 22:05   #192
God Member

Just been on the blower to a chum of mine attached to the Met...for what it's worth, video evidence is indicationg that 95% of those involved are ethnics.
Old 08-08-2011, 22:06   #193
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep agree 100% its whats required, all this has occured though since Bee went on holiday.
He's just been on telly saying that it's all the fault of the cuts...oh hang on a minute, I'm mistaken, it's actually Ken Livingstone.
Old 08-08-2011, 22:12   #194
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Just been on the blower to a chum of mine attached to the Met...for what it's worth, video evidence is indicationg that 95% of those involved are ethnics.
Crikey..does that mean the rioters had laid on buses from Wapping and Stepney to cause mayhem up Hackney.
Old 08-08-2011, 22:13   #195
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
was a woman on news tonight who was nearly burnt big time in Tottenham, said she was fleeing the building n a blonde haired white guy was carrying a carpet roll outa the store she lived above, laughing at em. n she was white. so hes one of that 5%.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..