Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 23:59   #211
God Member

re: Thatchers eighties are back - London Riots

You can't beat the BBC for coverage .. every ten minutes they go over to the weather
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2011, 00:12   #212
God Member

It's getting clear from were I am that the police cannot contain this .. there are groups surrounding high street bussiness like JD,Currys and such with the police driving into the carparks and then driving away.. peolple are standing around with bats and weapons to protect thier property .. the police cannot cope
Old 09-08-2011, 00:24   #213
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's getting clear from were I am that the police cannot contain this .. there are groups surrounding high street bussiness like JD,Currys and such with the police driving into the carparks and then driving away.. peolple are standing around with bats and weapons to protect thier property .. the police cannot cope
in that case the shop owners should do what the Korean-Americans did during the LA riots , they armed themselves , set themselves up on the roofs and defended their property Alamo style , no has ever bothered them since .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 00:44   #214
God Member

They have started looting and burning things in Liverpool and Manchester now
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:22   #215
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
He should have been back Saturday when it all kicked off, he's a proper pratt, he'll get some stick for this
Get stick from who??..can't see our PM getting much stick from the overwhelming support he has on here..
Old 09-08-2011, 02:03   #216
God Member

OK know its a bit cynical but wonder how many Brits who actually live outside of the M 20 (London ring road) actually really care whats happening in the Capital and maybe deep down inside have a gut feeling that it "serves the sods right , they brought it on themselves, they (London, Banks, Politicians , Cultural establishment and media) have been ripping off the rest of the UK for years " .
Old 09-08-2011, 02:04   #217
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
They have started looting and burning things in Liverpool and Manchester now
think its just a case of monkey see , monkey do
Old 09-08-2011, 07:22   #218
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
how many Brits who actually live outside of the M 20 (London ring road) actually really care whats happening in the Capital and maybe deep down inside have a gut feeling that it "serves the sods right , they brought it on themselves
I suspect no one here thinks that.

The majority of us will feel very sorry for all the decent people who are living in fear.

Besides, thanks to the ease with which these scum can organise themselves, copycat attacks and looting has spread outside of the capital.

(The motorway, which encircles Greater London, is the M25, by the way.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:28   #219
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
think its just a case of monkey see , monkey do
Yes...you could be right on the money there.
It speaks volumes about the mentality of these yobs.....and to a great extent their parents.
I think a lot of these feral youths think they are in some kind of video game.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:29   #220
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

(The motorway, which encircles Greater London, is the M25, by the way.)
opps sorry , a genuine mistake
Old 09-08-2011, 07:39   #221
Super Moderator

One thing's for sure - the current reaction from the authorities is worse than useless. The Home Secretary has been wittering on about parents checking where their children are. Is she joking? The parents of these scum probably sent 'em out with a shopping list of stuff to nick! She was also asked about bringing water cannons or the army in. After first trying to duck the question she then waffled that this isn't the sort of thing we do here. Well, Theresa, it's high time we did!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:41   #222

OMG
It seems to have spread to our area !!
Just been down union road ossy,the bin outside ossy co-op seems to have been pushed over
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:42   #223
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

This is not 'thatchers eighties are back' as the thread starting moronstanley would have us believe.
This is more like the lunatics taking over the asylum.

It isn't the Tories or Labour or any one political party that is at fault, it is because we the population of this once great Country are so apethetic as to allow this type of thing to happen.
Standards have been slipping, (It's now more like an avalanche), for years, instead of all of us acting as responsible adults we have just shrugged our shoulders wrung our hands said, "it's nowt to do with me, I'm alright Jack sod you", that has created the situation we are now in.
I hope this does not spread any further around the Country than it already has, but if it does actually come to our area will we make sure that our children & young people aren't involved or will we in a few days time be hanging our heads in shame as we witness the consequences of not really giving a damn?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:30   #224
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
no it dont seem a virtual reality game people have been warning about this all year this has been pre-planned by criminals taking bobbies off the street is not the answer and sunbathing while your capital city burns is not good leadership .thats just a point of view thats not political point scoring whoever was in charge its just plain wrong its total anarchy its not funny its like guerilla warfare.
How disappointing for you now that Cameron is back in Downing Street
Old 09-08-2011, 08:41   #225
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
This is not 'thatchers eighties are back' as the thread starting moronstanley would have us believe.
This is more like the lunatics taking over the asylum.

It isn't the Tories or Labour or any one political party that is at fault, it is because we the population of this once great Country are so apethetic as to allow this type of thing to happen.
Standards have been slipping, (It's now more like an avalanche), for years, instead of all of us acting as responsible adults we have just shrugged our shoulders wrung our hands said, "it's nowt to do with me, I'm alright Jack sod you", that has created the situation we are now in.
I hope this does not spread any further around the Country than it already has, but if it does actually come to our area will we make sure that our children & young people aren't involved or will we in a few days time be hanging our heads in shame as we witness the consequences of not really giving a damn?
Well Less that's your first post on here for months, and I think you've hit the nail squarely on the head, its no use finger pointing from Scotland or anywhere else for that matter, when we see kids as young as 7 looting shops at the behest of older people coordinating the anarchy riding round in cars using Blackberry's, some thing has gone drastically wrong and not over the last few weeks, this started generations ago when the bleeding heart liberal dogooders took over from common sense, getting rid of them is the only way to get things back on track the sooner the better

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..