Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 00:40   #31
Full Member+

Re: The Di Inquest

Another good example of the hard earned British Taxpayer's money going to waste ! Whichever way you look at it..... there's still going to be the conspirary theorists.

Diana (and Mr Fayed Jnr) died in an unfortunate road accident 10 years ago. The accident may / or may not have been caused by outside influences.

Personally, the whole "issue" should have been laid to rest long ago. As the unfortunate individuals who were involved in this tragedy were. My own opinion on the matter will remain as it is... my own.

IF this facade of on inquest reaches any conclusion, does anybody seriously expect the blame for this event to be laid at the door of the monarchy, MI5, MI6 or whatever ????

NOT B****Y LIKELY !!!!

High time to let the matter (AND the unfortunate individuals involved) Rest. If only for the sake of dignity and two young men who lost their mother.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2007, 00:53   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well said carpon. twice pmsl
Old 09-10-2007, 01:11   #33
Full Member+

Such an emotive issue, I've mistakenly posted the same reply twice (Mods !! Spare my blushes and remove the duplicate !! Thanks!!)

Just an after-thought. Kennedy was assasinated over forty years ago !! The official papers, as released by the powers that be in the U.S.A., aren't due to be released until 2030 ish ?? ( I may be slightly out??) Any reason to think actual matters relating to this unfortunate incident may not take a similiar course???

I seem to recall an incident concerning a ship being sunk in the early days of WW2(involving a British warship that was sunk and another carrying the King of Norway being involved and an S.O.S. from the warship sunk was overlooked/ ignored?? for security reasons??, resulting in the loss of 1000 men, ). The tragic events of that situation only became apparent recently.

So why does anybody seriously think that things will be ANY different with this farce of an inquest ?????????

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:36   #34
God Member

There are people employed at the Public Record Office whose job it is to read old classified stuff and decide whether it should unclassified after 30 yrs. Some stuff (even though no longer a security risk) is put under wraps for longer until the people who were involved have died.
Freedom of Information laws are a farce

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:55   #35
Resident Waffler

Even when some information is 'released' it has so much blacked out of it that it makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't see the point of traipsing all over the place where Diana and Dodi went that day either. Total waste of time and money. It's not like they are going to uncover some vital evidence there after all these years is it?

As for the Kennedy assassination, I don't think we will ever know. Some mysteries will always be mysteries. Look at the Marie Celeste. They'll be opening up an inquest into that next!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53   #36
God Member

I see that Mrs Beckham was poncing around the Paris Ritz yesterday. Either she is totally desperate for more publicity or her David should watch his back 'cos she might be conspiring to have him knocked off.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I see that Mrs Beckham was poncing around the Paris Ritz yesterday. Either she is totally desperate for more publicity or her David should watch his back 'cos she might be conspiring to have him knocked off.
well dont tip the buggars off then.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..