Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 18:54   #1
God Member

The Di Inquest

Luciano Pavorotti died and being a good catholic boy, went straight up to heaven. Who was the first person he saw as he went through the Pearly Gates? Why, none other than his 'owd mate, the Saint Princess Di!

"You're looking as radiant as ever", says the geat tenor "and that is a magnificent halo around your head"

"You fat tub of pumped up Italian Lard", she replied "thats not a halo, thats a steering wheel!"

Anyway, other than that, who else thiinks that a 15million quid inquest inquest into the death of of an arrogant woman, who refused to wear her safety belt, in a car driven by a drunken frenchman, is the most scandalous waste of public money in the annals of British Legal History. (The second biggest waste, of course, is the current Crown v Metroplitan Police).
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2007, 19:02   #2
God Member

Re: The Di Inquest

I agree that it is a waste of time and money .... whatever happened to rest in peace? 15 million is a lot in any currencey (well, alomost any) and I am sure, given many of the concerns expressed on this forum, that it could be put to more productive use than perpetuating a soap opera.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 19:17   #3
God Member

The truth will never come out so its a waste of time and money.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 19:21   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
The truth will never come out so its a waste of time and money.
Maybe the truth already is out ... maybe it is just not sensational enough for those whose appetites crave a conspiracy drama. The fact that there were very high profile people in the car does not change the fact that it was an automobile accident.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 19:23   #5
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

the truth is she died in a car crash!!

end off.....!!
Old 04-10-2007, 19:25   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe the truth already is out ... maybe it is just not sensational enough for those whose appetites crave a conspiracy drama. The fact that there were very high profile people in the car does not change the fact that it was an automobile accident.
Game set and choccy biccies there. Its like trying to draw blood from a lump of granite.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 20:23   #7

They should let this be the end of it and not bring it back and waist the tax payers brass i look at it this way she was in the wrong place at the time it should be lade to rest and for got about now no matter who is paying for it.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 20:32   #8
Resident Waffler

I feel sorry for the family of the driver if he wasn't drunk and has been blamed all along. There are some discrepancies and it's easy to blame someone who is dead. They can't answer back.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 23:20   #9
Give, give, give member

I agree, it's a total waste of money.

There was an enquiry in France, the country the accident actually occured in.

Why there should be a need for one in Britain, ten years later, at such a massive cost, is beyond me. I'm sure it wouldn't happen for any other British citizen killed abroad.

The person who seemed to want this the most is Al Fayed. The very man who used inadequate security on that fateful night, and employed a drunk driver.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 23:29   #10
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

The person who seemed to want this the most is Al Fayed. The very man who used inadequate security on that fateful night, and employed a drunk driver.
He looks a very broken man,,,,all the money in the world wont bring his beloved son back,,,
Old 05-10-2007, 00:27   #11
Accy Goddess

I Agree just a sheer waist of time and flippin money.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 00:47   #12
God Member

all this fiasco (the inquest) could have been avoided if only someone in H.M.G.s immigration service had the guts to stamp Fayeds passport with the P.I. (Prohibited Immigrant) stamp using the red inkpad .....as an undesirable alien and ship him home to Cairo.
But , has has been mentioned in other threads H.M.s immigration service is just another useless govt. dept that costs millions to run but is totally useless.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:52   #13
Resident Waffler

Why isn't he allowed to become a British Citizen? He's brought a lot of money into the country hasn't he? I wonder where the Harrod's money would go if he had been deported.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:50   #14
God Member

The only good thing about this inquest is that when its over it should be an end to it, feel sorry for the Princes who will hear every detail, think its a waste of money, I know Al Fayed wanted it so should he be paying for it?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:55   #15
mez
God Member

im totally fed up with it all, yes she was a princess but she is dead .........it should have been laid to rest with her ....those poor lads need to get on with their lives .........they miss her totally .......full stop to it all .....please!!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..