Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 13:32   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: The disgusting Tory letter in this weeks Ob

Apparently certain people do read Accy Web.

It would be nice, instead of being a passive participant, they could join in a bit more, and make a post saying, it was, or wasn't me, who penned that letter guv.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2010, 13:38   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Will the real Marlene please step forward?

Just googled her and look who's alias it is on page 2 of images?

Marelene Haworth - Google Search
It's like Psycho meets Silence of the Lambs.

I've now got his nightmare image of someone dressed up in a rocking chair, wearing someone else's skin.

'Call me Momma Marlene honey, and don't use the shower in bungalow three. We're waiting for a plumber to unblock the congealed drains.'

'Now give Momma's chair another li'l rock, honey.'

Old 04-04-2010, 14:58   #48
God Member

Nice find - what we suspected anyway, now proved as near as dammit

PS just noticed that the pic of PB labelled Marlene Haworth comes from the website of the notorious person 'Life'(now banned)
Pity - thought you had a scoop

Last edited by MargaretR; 04-04-2010 at 15:05.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 17:30   #49

Sorry less, tried to look at the pics on the link but unfortunately there was a rather delicious male torso on the same page so cannot comment on the pic I should have been looking at
Old 04-04-2010, 17:32   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
PS just noticed that the pic of PB labelled Marlene Haworth comes from the website of the notorious person 'Life'(now banned)
Another coincidence ?
Old 04-04-2010, 17:45   #51
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Sorry less, tried to look at the pics on the link but unfortunately there was a rather delicious male torso on the same page so cannot comment on the pic I should have been looking at
I'd done belt and braces, I'd put the link and I also put the piccy underneath, yet you still couldn't fettle it!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 17:56   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'd done belt and braces, I'd put the link and I also put the piccy underneath, yet you still couldn't fettle it!
The pic I was looking at was much better
Old 05-04-2010, 22:49   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
As much as I agree that the letter should not have been published.. I think you've been hypocritical.

You've used this to your political advantage and are essentially smearing me, by making things up about me at the end of your blog post regarding this letter. It makes it sound like there is some prolonged Conservative smear campaign, which weakens your argument when half of it is a false, incorrect, made up conspiracy without any shred of evidence.

Neither the letter in the Observer nor your blogpost comments regarding me should have been published. As I said at http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/803130-post49.html they're all as pathetic as each other.
The letter should never have been wrote, and neither should the blog comments. I can see why Graham would be angry at the letter, for insinuating falsities. See no Labour members as yet have come out to condemn the blog comments which insinuates falsities.
Old 05-04-2010, 23:06   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
The letter should never have been wrote, and neither should the blog comments. I can see why Graham would be angry at the letter, for insinuating falsities. See no Labour members as yet have come out to condemn the blog comments which insinuates falsities.
Andrew. We are dealing with a Tory letter. I know you want thread drift but to most people you are demonstrating evasiveness which is something you do frequently.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 23:19   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Andrew. We are dealing with a Tory letter. I know you want thread drift but to most people you are demonstrating evasiveness which is something you do frequently.
Don't wish to drift the thread. No evasiveness, have said I condemn the letter. I also brought this up with you privately beforehand asking you to retract, which you refused.

You felt it important enough to insinuate falsehoods about me in your blog post about the letter. I know it has nothing to do with the letter, but you've managed to somehow falsely link it in, so I think it belongs here. I'm still awaiting the retraction of the comments that falsely claim I tried to smear you. I somehow doubt you will retract it though, as it (falsely) adds to your argument against the letter.

Utter hypocrisy that you (rightly) call foul over the letter, but are happy to entirely make up a smear (at my expense) against yourself in order to make it look like you're a target of several attacks. You were the target of the letter, and that's it.

Honesty Graham. You know in your heart of hearts you have no evidence at all to suggest that I smeared you. It's all just make believe.

Do the decent thing and please remove the comments that insinuate falsities please. Your argument against the letter is far stronger when you're not making things up against me in the same breath.

Last edited by andrewb; 05-04-2010 at 23:24.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:32   #56
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Don't wish to drift the thread. No evasiveness, have said I condemn the letter. I also brought this up with you privately beforehand asking you to retract, which you refused.

You felt it important enough to insinuate falsehoods about me in your blog post about the letter. I know it has nothing to do with the letter, but you've managed to somehow falsely link it in, so I think it belongs here. I'm still awaiting the retraction of the comments that falsely claim I tried to smear you. I somehow doubt you will retract it though, as it (falsely) adds to your argument against the letter.

Utter hypocrisy that you (rightly) call foul over the letter, but are happy to entirely make up a smear (at my expense) against yourself in order to make it look like you're a target of several attacks. You were the target of the letter, and that's it.

Honesty Graham. You know in your heart of hearts you have no evidence at all to suggest that I smeared you. It's all just make believe.

Do the decent thing and please remove the comments that insinuate falsities please. Your argument against the letter is far stronger when you're not making things up against me in the same breath.
I'll give you your dues, Andrew, you're shaping up to be a fine Hyndburn Tory politician.

You're clearly a bright young lad who likes to think he's got his finger firmly on the pulse but you're full of hypocrisy and never answer a straight question. You may win a bit more respect on here if you started posting in a more concrete way, such as backing up your statements with facts when asked for them. You also need to develop a thicker skin if you think a vague mention in someone's blog is smearing your name, particularly as no one else could give a toss and it's you who keeps bringing it up.

You're spitting feathers about a veiled reference in Graham's blog yet he's having to deal with the local Conservative Party dragging his dead grandmother into a very public and rather nasty political point scoring exercise.

Just take a step back and get some perspective.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:23   #57

Seems to me there was no smear in terms of the blog as it mentions no names.

Unlike the letter.

I for one would tend to believe I was being targeted after interestingly timed FOI requests and dodgy letters being published, and would fight back.
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:57   #58
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I'll give you your dues, Andrew, you're shaping up to be a fine Hyndburn Tory politician.

You're clearly a bright young lad who likes to think he's got his finger firmly on the pulse but you're full of hypocrisy and never answer a straight question. You may win a bit more respect on here if you started posting in a more concrete way, such as backing up your statements with facts when asked for them. You also need to develop a thicker skin if you think a vague mention in someone's blog is smearing your name, particularly as no one else could give a toss and it's you who keeps bringing it up.

You're spitting feathers about a veiled reference in Graham's blog yet he's having to deal with the local Conservative Party dragging his dead grandmother into a very public and rather nasty political point scoring exercise.

Well said, now put it on the 'to be ignored pile', along with all the other posts from people that have tried to tell him.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:34   #59
Give, give, give member

Some, unnamed people, don't need to be smeared, as they come ready basted, covered in their own cheap grease.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:58   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

Hiddlebit it wasn't interestingly timed, the FOI was more than a year ago.

I think it's quite shameful that Graham has to make things up, without a single shred of evidence. Shameful that not a single Labour member has come out and said 'wait, Graham, there is no evidence, at all, maybe you should re-think'.

All you're interested in is the letter. I put right and wrong before party. Have said the letter is wrong. Seems no Labour member is going to come out and say Graham's comments are wrong. Says it all, so I'll leave it at that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..