Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 13:29   #1
God Member

The rumour mill.......

What's the best rumour you ever heard? Did it turn out to be true? Last night I was in my local bar (see thread on Barracuda pubs in Accy). Quite a few of the drinkers in there are journalists at News International, publishers of the Sun and located just across the road. There was a few other press people in last night, as well, and they are always good for a tale and last night was no exception because the story was just round the corner and was on the front page of this mornings' tabloids.
Well then, it would seem that the rumour flying about last night related to a 'tough-guy' actor married to one of the senior employees of NI....it would appear she found him in bed with someone else. But that someone was not a she. Naturally, this 'rumour' has so far not been reported in the press.

Should be therefore believe in these unscrupulous rumours, this idle gossip, this destroyer of reputations? Or do you think there is no smoke without fire, that there is basis in fact. What is your good rumour?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2005, 13:39   #2
God Member

Re: The rumour mill.......

Believing rumours can be very dangerous!

About 20 years ago when I used to work in some of the pubs in Accrington I realised that someone was starting quite nasty and untrue rumours about me but I didn't have any proof who it was. Other people were starting to believe these nasty lies. So, along with a friend I started a story about me and waited until it got back to us - I knew instantly where it had come from and I was able to confront the person concerned. It stopped!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 13:52   #3
God Member

Rumours can be very dangerous. But i enjoy listening to them. I also usually make my own mind up on the Rumour, whether it is believable or not.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 14:58   #4
God Member

Without a good rumour were would some people be and the press for that matter. If its false then its amazing how many people and papers deny any knowledge and went with the crowd. If it ends up as being true they are all on the bandwagon its a bit like a game of chance.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 16:04   #5
Give, give, give member

That's news to me about Ross Kemp.

Most of the rumours that I've heard from the pink grape vine have turned out to be true, as I now know first hand.

I remember working on a lesbian farm/hotel when I was a student, and whispering down the phone to my Mum the names of some very well known names from Coranation Street who had stayed there.

Last edited by garinda; 04-11-2005 at 16:06.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 16:10   #6
God Member

I think the interesting bit here is that his screen partner, Macfadden also got whacked....I wonder why? A strange coincidence, eh? I never watch the rubbish, anyway.
Old 04-11-2005, 16:14   #7
Give, give, give member

It was rather strange that his screen brother was assaulted by his female partner on the very same day Ross Kemp had his wife arrested for beating him up.

It gives a whole new meaning to the 'hard men of Walford', if the two incidents might be connected.

Old 04-11-2005, 16:14   #8
God Member

Wonder if it was more than on sreen brotherly love now there is a romour to think about.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 16:16   #9
Give, give, give member

Tealeaf you old woman.

You are like the Louella Parsons of Accy Web, you should have your own column.

Old 04-11-2005, 16:21   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
You are like the Louella Parsons of Accy Web,
Who..................?
Old 04-11-2005, 16:30   #11
Give, give, give member

She was the Queen of the Hollywood gossip columnists in it's hey day. The studios used to pay her off to stop her saying what she knew the stars were really up to, and with whom.

Old 04-11-2005, 16:33   #12
I am Banned

i think you lost him when you started talking about queens lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 16:40   #13
Give, give, give member

I did once got into a lot of trouble after telling someone about a 'dalliance' with someone that the papers insist calling the most eligible bachelor in Britain.

He isn't Royal, but is connected to the Royal family. I have never opened my lips since.

Old 07-11-2005, 12:50   #14
Resident Waffler

oooh you used the word "dalliance" - someone thought I'd made that one up!

Rumours can be dangerous. They can also be very funny sometimes. My late husband and I were once rumoured to have started our own religion and erected a Gospel Tent in Bullough Park!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 17:35   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
oooh you used the word "dalliance" - someone thought I'd made that one up!

Rumours can be dangerous. They can also be very funny sometimes. My late husband and I were once rumoured to have started our own religion and erected a Gospel Tent in Bullough Park!
Willow that sounded good, and I would have loved to believe that.

dally/dalliance-1/ to waste time with, to dawdle, 2/ to amuse oneself, to flirt.

My dalliance resulted in someone from the Royal protection squad telling me to hush my mouth. I thought this a bit rich, as the other person instigated our 'amusement' in my place of work, not me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..