Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2024, 10:16   #46

Re: The state of our hospitals.

OK so the hospital was brilliant care.
Outside not so well.

I changed my dressings yesterday as I was advised to leave them a while before so the steri strips did not get pulled off and on the biggest hole the wound has pulled apart a bit.
So I took a photo before I replaced the dressing.

I just want someone who knows to look at it and tell me if it's going well or if it needs pulling back together to prevent a horrible scar.

Can I find someone to do that can I heck, my doctors where I went for blood this morning send me to the hub in Rawtenstall - they said they do not do that so go to my doctors (currently in the telephone que) and I suspect they are going to tell me to try 111.

All I want is someone to look a a flippin picture and either go "ooooh thats bad" or "mmmm that's OK" and advise if I need to redo the stitches..
What a state our community care is in eh.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2024, 11:25   #47

I rang 111, had to go through hoops and whistles and forms and stuff, they arranged for a doctor to call me today.
If I cannot get them to look at a photo and give an opinion then I'll just have to leave it.

I'm not waiting at hospital for this, there is little point.
I'm not booking an appointment in a months time either lol
Old 10-06-2024, 14:46   #48

OK all sorted now, Doctor called me, little discussion (he was not happy with receptions handling of this), I sent him a picture - he called back later.

I reapplied new steri strips pushing the skin down nicely and redressed it - job done, anxiety relieved.
So it appears not all of care in the community is broken, just the dragons on reception desks

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..