Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 14:19   #16
God Member

Re: Train Cost

Don't go moaning about expensive rail fares, it's your beloved Tory party that made it that way!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2007, 15:43   #17
God Member

They got privatisation of the railways wrong.
Old 08-06-2007, 17:03   #18

My son has used the Mega bus twice and he booked 10days in advance and it cost him £5 each way..Have you tried manchester piccadily to london..sometimes that works out cheaper.
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 18:14   #19
Give, give, give member

If you are going awat to University in September, you'll definitely need a Young Peson's Rail Card.

When I reached 24, and was no longer eligible, I started getting the coach up from London, but soon changed back to the train because of the ease.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 18:35   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
When I reached 24, and was no longer eligible
Was that as a bachelor or a railcard holder ?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 08-06-2007 at 18:38.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 19:04   #21
Yank in King Art's Court!

When I took the train up a few weeks ago it was 12.50 quid one way. It made it up to Manchester Picadilly in just over two hours. But that was during the week.

BRian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 19:08   #22

I find the singles are cheaper, preston is sometimes cheaper than piccadilly. I need to get to London sometime this month and I cant find any cheap fares for a family of four. a Mate of mine flew to heathrow, £36 each way with bmi. Another option is VLM airways (- VLM Airlines) who fly from manchester to london city airport, they can be quite cheap as well!
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 20:13   #23
God Member

Considering the distance and the short notice for a ticket it is a good price. People may knock the prices but I have used trains back and forward between Falkirk and Accrington for nearly 17 years. My ticket cost was £22 when I first cme up here yet the price is £26 for a round trip. So all in all it isnt too bad the costings. Alls it needs is a little planning and and no fixed travel times ie between 9-6 and they are as cheap as you can get.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:11   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Errr 12.30pm on top post
Oye leave him alone, he is dumbing down ready for next Friday when he moves to the land time forgot
Old 09-06-2007, 11:28   #25
Resting in peace

My sister is over from Australia, and her husband has been commuting between Berkshire and Lancashire, and has found it far cheaper, and convenient flying, he has flown from Suthampton and Heathrow, with a company called Flybee a Manchester outfit I think, the only problem is the trip from Manchester Airport. We still seem to be in the dark ages regarding a good link from there.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 14:55   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
My sister is over from Australia, and her husband has been commuting between Berkshire and Lancashire, and has found it far cheaper, and convenient flying, he has flown from Suthampton and Heathrow, with a company called Flybee a Manchester outfit I think, the only problem is the trip from Manchester Airport. We still seem to be in the dark ages regarding a good link from there.
I once flew up. The train to, and from the airport, was longer than the flight, and more time consuming than getting the train up from Euston....and it meant longer without a cigarete.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..