Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2007, 10:49   #31
God Member

Re: TV license

IMHo it would be good to bring in a PAYG type pricing for all programs. At the beginning it tells you how much each program costs to watch and you choose whether to pay it or not watch it. This could be across all channels It could range from a couple of quid for a footy game to 5p for stuff like corrie which has millions of viewers. It would certainly drive teh quality up if each program is effectively being rated by the number of people who pay to watch it.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2007, 11:02   #32
God Member

Surely that would end up costing more than the TV license though, entwisi?
Take a regular(ish) household watching 3 soaps every night of the week.
Then watching a footy game maybe twice a month, more during world cups/euro championships/other sporting tournaments like olympics.
Then your news and other programmes on top of it and add a teenager who wants to flick channels all day long then you've got one hefty bill.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 11:13   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I miss 24 a hell of a lot from Sky One but some programmes are repeated on Sky3 during the week which is on Freeview, I dunno it's worth a look. Sky's prices are scandalous.
Sky are a total rip of.

Funnly its 24 that she likes the most and with the new one starting this sunday I have no chance of cancelling I would be shot.
Old 18-01-2007, 12:12   #34
Resting in peace

There are ways round not paying, You could chuck it in the nearest skip, or move someone over 75 years old in with you, and put tv licence in their name, i'll bet there's a lot at the later without wanting to get personal.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:16   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
There are ways round not paying, You could chuck it in the nearest skip, or move someone over 75 years old in with you, and put tv licence in their name, i'll bet there's a lot at the later without wanting to get personal.
Or say you have a black & White TV.
Old 18-01-2007, 12:54   #36
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Or say you have a black & White TV.
You pay a reduced fee for those (i dont know wether its the black bit or the white bit)
Old 18-01-2007, 13:42   #37

The license fee is going up by £3.50 to £135.00. The rise to £151.00 isn't coming about until 2012, and that's to help fund the switch over to digital tv.

Saying that you have a monochrome set only, won't help you either, as chances are someone may call round to check. Plus if you do have a b&w set, but also a video, then you still need to purchase a colour licence, because your video receives a colour signal, and it's the receiving of that signal that you are paying for.
Old 18-01-2007, 14:37   #38
I am Banned

i have no tv areiel and no sky tv or ntl or anything yet because i have a tv for my xbox i have to pay

utter bollox

i dont have an ariel because i moved in 6months ago and the house dosnt have one

i get all my tv shows from america off the internet and watch them on either my pc or transfer them to my xbox and watch them on my tv

these are recorded in america and have nothing to do with the uk what so ever

yes its a grey area but definatly not the bbc's buisness
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 14:43   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
i have no tv areiel and no sky tv or ntl or anything yet because i have a tv for my xbox i have to pay

utter bollox

i dont have an ariel because i moved in 6months ago and the house dosnt have one

i get all my tv shows from america off the internet and watch them on either my pc or transfer them to my xbox and watch them on my tv

these are recorded in america and have nothing to do with the uk what so ever

yes its a grey area but definatly not the bbc's buisness
If you are just using your tv for watching either pre-recorded dvds or videos, or are using it for gaming, ie Xbox or playstation, then you do not need a tv license.
Old 18-01-2007, 14:45   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
If you are just using your tv for watching either pre-recorded dvds or videos, or are using it for gaming, ie Xbox or playstation, then you do not need a tv license.
chav cancells monthly payment scam immidiatly

thanx
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 14:53   #41
Resting in peace

[quote sarah], because your video receives a colour signal, and it's the receiving of that signal that you are paying for.[/quote] If you have no incoming ariel socket on your video and just use it for playing films to a tv monitor you do not need a tv licence as you are not receiving a signal. This has been through the courts several years ago.
Old 18-01-2007, 15:03   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
[quote sarah], because your video receives a colour signal, and it's the receiving of that signal that you are paying for.
If you have no incoming ariel socket on your video and just use it for playing films to a tv monitor you do not need a tv licence as you are not receiving a signal. This has been through the courts several years ago.[/quote]

Think I've already said that.
Old 18-01-2007, 16:22   #43
Senior Member+

It would also appear that if your phone can receive and show TV you still need a licence.
Old 18-01-2007, 17:49   #44
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
If you have no incoming ariel socket on your video and just use it for playing films to a tv monitor you do not need a tv licence as you are not receiving a signal. This has been through the courts several years ago.
Think I've already said that.[/quote]
Sorry sarah, put it down to old age you are quite correct.
Old 18-01-2007, 18:08   #45
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

you also need a licence if you have a tv card in your PC!!
a colour licence for a black and white telly if you have a video put to it too! (can you still buy balck and white tellys???)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..