Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2007, 20:56   #1
God Member

TV license

Raised to 151 of your hard earned english crowns.

I wish they'd just put adverts on...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2007, 21:14   #2
God Member

Re: TV license

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Raised to 151 of your hard earned english crowns.

I wish they'd just put adverts on...
This must be the most underhand tax in the UK.
Old 17-01-2007, 21:40   #3
Senior Member+

i only watch bbc 1 for two programmes,doubt i'd get a discount though
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 21:45   #4
Senior Member+

I hate paying this bill.

Plus the cost of Sky £242.00
Old 17-01-2007, 21:59   #5
God Member

Completely wrong is BBC tax. Perhaps there should be a state tv channel with MUCH lower cost, for giving out information that might be relevant, perhaps news at 10, but the rest of the stuff? Should be paid for by advertisements like every other station.
Old 17-01-2007, 22:06   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I hate paying this bill.

Plus the cost of Sky £242.00
Ah but you don't have to have Sky to watch TV.

I wish we could just have the option to take off BBC channels.
Then again, we'd get radio tax...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:16   #7
Senior Member+

151 quid?For watching Ceefax twice a day I usually pay the licence,but this year we'll all be chipping in.Scandelous
Old 17-01-2007, 22:27   #8

we should have a choice wat we want 2 watch and listen 2 not told we have 2 pay even tho we dont use or need it!
U wouldnt buy a car pay tax on it not use it and keep it on your drive!
Old 17-01-2007, 22:39   #9

Where have you got this price from? It only went up by £5 last year, so I doubt very much that this time it will be jumping up by almost £20. Incidently it is the tv signal that you are receiving that you are paying for, NOT the BBC channels, and the fee is set by the goverment, NOT the BBC.
Old 17-01-2007, 22:41   #10
I am Banned

you should have teh right to opt out of bbc1 it sis forced purchasing , i wish i cold force peopel to pay fro somthing they didnt want

to me it is a total infringment on our human rights because we are forced into paying for it regardless if we want it or not

i for one do not need or want it yet i have to pay for it

teh bbc is a buisness and it should have to pay its own way just like every single other channel does

sky are just as bad because they charge a monthly fee and have adverts , the greedy bastards

Last edited by chav1; 17-01-2007 at 22:44.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:43   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Where have you got this price from? It only went up by £5 last year, so I doubt very much that this time it will be jumping up by almost £20. Incidently it is the tv signal that you are receiving that you are paying for, NOT the BBC channels, and the fee is set by the goverment, NOT the BBC.
it gose up to that over just couple of years
Old 17-01-2007, 22:48   #12
I am Banned

the bbc for teh past 2 years have been trying to bring in a internet licence ontop of the tv license because the internet can access the bbc website

i sh1t you not so thats another fee we will be forced to pay yet what about peope all over the owrld not in teh uk who can also access their site

is teh bbc powerfull enough to make the world pay up or is our govenment happy to just let them screw us

its teh govenment that allows the bbc to do this and every govenment has ignored petion after petition with thousand upon thousands of signatures

remember the govenment is here to represent us and carry out what we want i a democratic order

i say the majority of people dont want tv license fees so in theory we shouldnt have them
Old 17-01-2007, 22:49   #13
Give, give, give member

Part of the BBC's charter states that it has to provide 'quality' and 'educational' programmes.

As much as I may like both Graham Norton and Jonathon Ross, the multi-multi-million pound contracts for them both, amongst others, funded by the licence payer, to me is a load of b*llocks, and the sooner the BBC has to join the rest of the Western world in the free market economy, the better.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 22:51   #14
I am Banned

its easy to squander money when you have a guarenteed income
Old 17-01-2007, 22:51   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
the bbc for teh past 2 years have been trying to bring in a internet licence ontop of the tv license because the internet can access the bbc website

i sh1t you not so thats another fee we will be forced to pay yet what about peope all over the owrld not in teh uk who can also access their site

is teh bbc powerfull enough to make the world pay up or is our govenment happy to just let them screw us

its teh govenment that allows the bbc to do this and every govenment has ignored petion after petition with thousand upon thousands of signatures

remember the govenment is here to represent us and carry out what we want i a democratic order

i say the majority of people dont want tv license fees so in theory we shouldnt have them
very true hit the nail on the head!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..