Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 15:36   #1
Resident Waffler

Twilight Zone chez Whisp

This morning I am sure I opened an email which said I had a PM from one of the members. I even recall reading what the PM was about and it had been signed by the member with their own name (which I wasn't familiar with) as opposed to the AccyWeb ID.

I didn't have time to reply as I was off out and had a few other things to do before leaving. Then when I came back home I thought I'd have a look at the PM and answer it - but when I looked it wasn't there. How strange I thought to myself because I didn't think there was any way PMs could be deleted by the sender. It wasn't as if it was offensive or anything for it to be deleted by staff even if they could do which I didn't think they could.

Then I thought well I'll read it again in the original email anyway and reply to it from there - but then I couldn't even find the email either!

So, then I thought maybe I'd misread the email and it wasn't a PM but notification of a message in the thread directed specifically to me - so I looked at the thread again but no such message and I can't even find an email about any thread updates and I don't even seem to be subscribed to that thread.

Do you think I've dreamed the whole thing or am I now in a parallel universe where the message was never typed at all but the writer is still in my original universe and wondering why I haven't answered?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2007, 15:43   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Twilight Zone chez Whisp

Spooky..or what?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 15:59   #3
Resident Waffler

I think I'll contact the member and see if he recalls sending me a message. If not then I must have dreamed it - unless his name turns out to be the one I read and then I'm going to be seriously freaked!

Old 08-06-2007, 16:30   #4
Senior Member+

ur even dreaming about accyweb now

i think u need to have a cool off period
Old 08-06-2007, 17:21   #5
Resident Waffler

Don't worry - I'll be away for weeks in the summer. Far away from internet connections so I should have time to recover.

Old 08-06-2007, 18:29   #6
God Member

I think Accyweb actually went offline for a short while today ( I was getting no responses for ~15 mins)

It could be that somethings got lost in the restoration.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 19:01   #7
Resident Waffler

But that wouldn't account for my email going missing would it?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:57   #8
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I think Accyweb actually went offline for a short while today ( I was getting no responses for ~15 mins)

It could be that somethings got lost in the restoration.
Yes I think it did Ian, I was on Lancsonline and my pc could not get through, it said it was having diagnostic problems.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 14:19   #9
Resident Waffler

I've been in email contact with the person now and confirmed that he did indeed send me an email - not a PM or Accyweb post - so I didn't dream it. There really was something. That's a relief to know. The original email just seems to have gone awol between me seeing it and having time to read and reply to it though.

Old 09-06-2007, 14:23   #10
Beacon of light

How strange.....I sent my daughter a couple of e-mails with photo's on....they left me with no problem.....but they never landed with her.
So where are they? Somewhere floating round in the ether?

And my sister is adamant that she sent me an e-mail which never landed with me.......so what exactly is going on out there?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 14:33   #11
Resident Waffler

I used to think things couldn't get lost in cyber space the same way they can get lost in the post but now I'm not so sure - I would never have known about the first email if I hadn't noticed it in the morning so now I wonder how many other emails I may have had but never seen before they did a bunk? Are there people out there wondering why I have been ignoring them? Very odd isn't it?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..