Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 12:51   #1
Senior Member+

UC & baby head touchers......

I belong to a forum for mummies and daddies and those who are WTT (waiting to concieve) or TTC (trying to concieve) and one of the members found this link on another site....................
Its about women who give birth unassisted (medically) and insert their fingers into their 'nethers' to find babys head (cervical check) either when their far gone or in labour.Some of them do it to find out how far dilated they are but most do it because its a bonding thing/spurs them on to push harder or just because they enjoy it.
What do you think about this?
I for one certainly would not ever do it (for a few reasons)

How can something that feels so good be so wrong? (Cervical Checks) - MotheringDotCommunity Forums

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

Last edited by mrskitty; 04-12-2008 at 13:00.
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2008, 12:56   #2
Senior Member+

Re: UC & baby head touchers......

isnt it illegal to have an unassisted delivery on purpose?

in answer to your question... no!! i would be too worried about hurting her or messing with the cervix/plug... theres also the possibility of giving yourself an infection, the midwife knows what she is doing, not me... i did feel tys head (gently) as he crowned tho.

and im worried that you said hand and not fingers lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 13:02   #3
Senior Member+

With the amount of babies some of these women have had i wouldn't be shocked if it was their handS they were using im not being nasty by saying this (am i?)........but when some women are trying to concieve number 8 or 9 im just a bit shocked.Especially as i can't even decide whether to have baby no 2.

Old 04-12-2008, 13:04   #4
Senior Member+

after 8 it would be like shelling peas.....sneeze and give birth lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 04-12-2008, 13:05   #5
Senior Member+

LOL!its a scary thought though (or to me it is).

Old 04-12-2008, 13:06   #6
Senior Member+

im scared of having 2! lol

Old 04-12-2008, 13:08   #7
Senior Member+

Thought u said there was only one in there???lol

I wonder what other things UC's do that i havent heard of so far?

Personally i wouldn't even have a baby at home, never mind without a MW(!) but thats just me.

Old 04-12-2008, 13:10   #8
Senior Member+

im planning to have baby at home, if she is faster than ty i wouldnt make it to hospital anyway. i can always change my mind and go to hospital but couldnt change my mind and stay at home...
will have to ask lettie but i thought it was illegal to purposly give birth without a mw..

i mean 2 in total not 2 at the same time lol

Old 04-12-2008, 13:33   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
i thought it was illegal to purposly give birth without a mw..
According to the below article that is just a myth.

Home Birth

I wouldn't fancy doing it though.
Old 04-12-2008, 13:36   #10
Senior Member+

I was thinking that too Lily.Afterall its your baby and your body.

Old 04-12-2008, 13:38   #11
Senior Member+

oh, still dont fancy it tho.

one of the mummy forums i am a member of some of the ladies have been talking about unassisted pregnancies as well..... i wouldnt want to go through pregnancy without seeing a midwife, having a scan or hearing the babies heart beat.

Old 04-12-2008, 14:20   #12
Senior Member+

Nursing & Midwifery Council - Free or unassisted birthing
Quote:
Legal position
In the UK it is legal to give birth at home without any professional or medical help.

However, it is illegal for an unqualified, unregistered person to perform the role of a doctor or midwife during the birth.

Old 04-12-2008, 14:37   #13
God Member

I wonder how many husbands and partners who end up playing emergency midwife as baby's head emerges at home/in the car are prosecuted.
Old 04-12-2008, 14:40   #14
Senior Member+

nooo.... thats an emergency, its the ones that are planned that are illegal.

Old 04-12-2008, 14:44   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
nooo.... thats an emergency, its the ones that are planned that are illegal.

Oh right....your quote said it is illegal for an unqualified, unregistered person to play the role of doctor or midwife during the birth.

It didn't mention whether or not it was an emergency.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..