Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2006, 22:56   #31
God Member

Re: Welcome to the Accrington Grand Prix

Bloody nightmare there during the day, n I nearly had a situatin with some twonk who parked a car and compressor opposite the pick up window at mc d's in the middle of the car park exit so he could drink his coffee, I had to wait till the drive through was clear cos he wouldn't move.
Aren't our roads busy nowdays, everywhere, the traffic in rawtenstall is horendous now the lights are feeding the Asda eyesore.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2006, 23:10   #32
Resident Waffler

It's amazingly quiet outside here at the mo. No boy racers or anything.

Have you read your PM Madhatter?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 23:17   #33
God Member

its quiet here now but incredibly busy during the day to say we have a two bypasses.
Liverpool always amazed me, if i travelled south at 2 in the morning the main roads out would be dead, I could travel from city and only see a couple of taxis, from sefton park to the silver jubillee bridge I didnt see any.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 10:11   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Speeding cars boring, cheers Mick it looks like another thread just died.
If you have kids would you take the same view if one of these speeding cars knocked down and killed YOUR kid or any other member of your family? Your mum perhaps? Would you find that situation boring? Your own flesh and blood? I think not!
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 10:20   #35
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermain
If you have kids would you take the same view if one of these speeding cars knocked down and killed YOUR kid or any other member of your family? Your mum perhaps? Would you find that situation boring? Your own flesh and blood? I think not!
The point I was making that the thread was quite interesting until it got split into two, I didn't think Mick needed to do that as the two subjects where connected. I have kids and I have lost friends in road accidents but that was not the subject this time.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 10:27   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
The point I was making that the thread was quite interesting until it got split into two, I didn't think Mick needed to do that as the two subjects where connected. I have kids and I have lost friends in road accidents but that was not the subject this time.

I too thought it was strange that we were warned about thread wandering, especially as the two things were connected, and made even more relevant by Poppy's comments.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 10:52   #37
Senior Member+

You want to be on our street, its a cul-de-sac and the road is concrete. Ideal for speeding cars who want to do a handbrake turn by the turning point. Great for doing "donuts" as well.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 10:52   #38
I am Banned

Were do you live? Ill come and try my hand at some lol
Old 30-09-2006, 10:55   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Were do you live? Ill come and try my hand at some lol
lol

Watched one young lad do it, he misjudged the speed and the turning point and smacked his back wheel against the kerb. Result : one written off car ! hes never done it again
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 11:15   #40
I am Banned

Good. Was he about 18 wearing trackies, baseball cap, lots of spots and driving a saxo,106,206,fiesta,nova or punto?
Old 30-09-2006, 11:25   #41
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Good. Was he about 18 wearing trackies, baseball cap, lots of spots and driving a saxo,106,206,fiesta,nova or punto?
No he was a Courier driver making a delivery

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..