Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2006, 16:56   #1
I am Banned

Welcome to the Accrington Grand Prix

Is there going to be anything done about the number of mainly pakistani males driving like Stirling moss around our town? Now im a big car nut and love the sound of all the Subaru Impreza's and Mitsubishi Evos but dont want to see them tear down my street at stupid speeds espacially when there are children playing on there. Dont think im having a pop at people of other colours (im not a racist at all) but it is mainly them who drive such cars.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2006, 17:12   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Welcome to the Accrington Grand Prix

Why don't you pick up the phone and report some registration numbers to the Police?
Old 27-09-2006, 17:29   #3
I am Banned

I do but nothing happens unless they are seen doing 100MPH down our streets.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 17:58   #4

racers

i have them up ormerod st and horn blowing at all times i confronted the police about this but they are not interested
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 18:24   #5
I am Banned

lol i find it ironic that the advert under his complaint is for mitsubishi cars lol

now to stay on topic

nothing will be done , taxis are supposed to have 3 mot's a year i think it is and i have lost count of teh taxis i have seem with brake lights out , bits hanging off them and headlights not working etc

round where i used to live we had the same problem and teh added bonus that they were also selling drugs and using outside my house as teh drop off point and still the police didnt want to know

dont waste your time with the police just weld a few nails together and scatter appropiatly along teh road

Last edited by chav1; 27-09-2006 at 18:28.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 18:34   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
l

dont waste your time with the police just weld a few nails together and scatter appropiatly along teh road
but let us know on here which streets your putting them on, so we don't lose our tyres.

While this plan is in action I think I'll use my pick up truck!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 20:23   #7

How about speed bumps? Are those allowed over there?
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 20:25   #8
Resident Waffler

Ormerod St has speed bumps. The 'zoom up as fast as you can' brigade seem to treat them like a fairground ride put there for their added pleasure.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 20:30   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb
How about speed bumps? Are those allowed over there?
They have some effect, it depends on what you drive. I hardly notice them. In fact I over took, carefully of course, a car on a speed bump the other day. He had fitted a front skirt so low he crawled over them hoping the skirt would not be ripped off. So you can waste a Mitsi Evo in an old diesel
Old 27-09-2006, 20:45   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
They have some effect, it depends on what you drive. I hardly notice them. In fact I over took, carefully of course, a car on a speed bump the other day. He had fitted a front skirt so low he crawled over them hoping the skirt would not be ripped off. So you can waste a Mitsi Evo in an old diesel
Would loved to have seen a video of that.

How to beat a super car over a 1/4 mile dash sleeping policemen Neils new hobby.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 21:09   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermain
Is there going to be anything done about the number of mainly pakistani males driving like Stirling moss around our town? Now im a big car nut and love the sound of all the Subaru Impreza's and Mitsubishi Evos but dont want to see them tear down my street at stupid speeds espacially when there are children playing on there. Dont think im having a pop at people of other colours (im not a racist at all) but it is mainly them who drive such cars.
If you are not racist then why did you mention the nationality. No need other than to point the finger at pakistani people. You are racist you just don't realise it.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 21:20   #12
God Member

All he was doing was pointing out who the majority of the culprits were. Would I therefore be considered racist in your opinion if I thought I had too many Chinese takeways near me?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 21:26   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
If you are not racist then why did you mention the nationality. No need other than to point the finger at pakistani people. You are racist you just don't realise it.
Rubbish, he was just describing the offenders. Most of the cars mentioned won't be properly insured as they won't report the car modifications so the Police can do them for no insurance.
Old 27-09-2006, 21:34   #14

I agree they are probabley not insured. Why does being a pakistani matter?

I have read many conversations on here over the last couple of weeks. about MPs, Binmen, Nurses, Schoolteachers and a lot of others. Not one of them mention that nearly all the MPs are white or mention that the binmen are white or mention the nationality at all.

But when it comes to crime it has to be mentioned that they are pakistani.

Argue the point all you want. You know deep down I am right.

Last edited by poppy; 27-09-2006 at 21:41.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 23:04   #15
Resident Waffler

I haven't a clue what the ethnic origin of my binmen is. I never see them.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..