Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2007, 12:26   #16
Senior Member+

Re: We're all DOOMED, DOOMED I TELL YOU!!!

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2007, 12:31   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Which century are you living in ?
There was life before mobiles - and it was less stressful too

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 12:34   #18

erm im not a luddite i dont want to end up dying in pain with a brain tumour the size of a golf ball. thats wat century im living in
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 12:45   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
There was life before mobiles - and it was less stressful too
I do remember those days but I actually find my life less stressful with a mobile because I can get hold of people when I want, lot less hassle than waiting for the Pony Express to deliver my letters and wait for the reply
Old 17-04-2007, 15:13   #20
I am Banned

Oh geee lets go back to the caves eh
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 17:19   #21
Senior Member+

Yes to the caves everyone.And these car things,they can kill as well,sometimes aided by a mobile phone.Cars should only be used in emergencies.Electricity....never mind its uses;it's a killer.So is that gas stuff.......ban it.TV's,computers?Pictures,information through wires & cables...unnatural,ban 'em.....except in emergencies.21st century?Emergencies only.Bring back open sewers & the plague.And bees.
Old 17-04-2007, 22:18   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Yes to the caves everyone.And these car things,they can kill as well,sometimes aided by a mobile phone.Cars should only be used in emergencies.Electricity....never mind its uses;it's a killer.So is that gas stuff.......ban it.TV's,computers?Pictures,information through wires & cables...unnatural,ban 'em.....except in emergencies.21st century?Emergencies only.Bring back open sewers & the plague.And bees.

dont go to extremes. people were living in a very advanced world before the advent of mobiles. as a human being youv got no right to inflict unknown suffering on other speices. these masts are obviosly damaging their way of life so much so that they are confused. being advanced is not nececerrily progressive , we should be more concious of the natural world. damaging someones way of life for the sake of idle chit chat on the mobile is not modern. noone used to chat so much on the homefone. were being encouraged to do so by the mobile companies.
Old 17-04-2007, 22:19   #23
God Member

I was under the impression that you are doomed from the day you are born. If we are wiping out bee's then they will join a growing list of creatures that we have pushed to the brink.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 22:21   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
dont go to extremes. people were living in a very advanced world before the advent of mobiles. as a human being youv got no right to inflict unknown suffering on other speices. these masts are obviosly damaging their way of life so much so that they are confused. being advanced is not nececerrily progressive , we should be more concious of the natural world. damaging someones way of life for the sake of idle chit chat on the mobile is not modern. noone used to chat so much on the homefone. were being encouraged to do so by the mobile companies.
Spinner I see from another thread you recently went to Pakistan. With your views about being conscious of the natural world did you walk or did you travel by some great lump of metal with gas guzzling engines which on it's one trip probably did more damage to the natural world than all the mobile mats put together?
Old 17-04-2007, 22:36   #25

lancs dave that was the point i was making we already hav too many luxuries that hav 'advanced' our lives we simply cant add more trash to the natural world especially not for idle chit chat which be done on our home phone. there is that other option available. why cant people just use their land lines and reserve mobiles for emergencies
Old 17-04-2007, 22:40   #26
God Member

Would you put computers in the lifestyle advancement catagory???

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 22:40   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Spinner I see from another thread you recently went to Pakistan. with gas guzzling engines which on it's one trip probably did more damage to the natural world than all the mobile mats put together?
you cant say that how did you come to such a conclusion without the 'facts'. how did you measure it
Old 17-04-2007, 22:44   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
you cant say that how did you come to such a conclusion without the 'facts'. how did you measure it
I used the word probably so I'm not saying its fact. However which luxury item has more green tax applied to it, a mobile phone or a plane ? Does that not suggest which is less kind to the natural world ?
Old 17-04-2007, 22:45   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Would you put computers in the lifestyle advancement catagory???

adding to my point we already have too much without sacrificing not only our health but navigation systems of insects. theres a lot of stuff that we dont know about still goodness knows what i mapct we are having.

anyway i dont want to be surrounded by a phone mast because some idiots just want to use their free minutes up.like i said we already hav got landlines and besides you can relax and chat on those withiout agetting a big fat hedach. wats your alternative to computors?
Old 17-04-2007, 22:48   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Mobiles are actually good for bees, as can be seen here.

lmao !!!!!! nice one G hahahahahaha
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..