Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2007, 22:51   #31

Re: We're all DOOMED, DOOMED I TELL YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I used the word probably so I'm not saying its fact. However which luxury item has more green tax applied to it, a mobile phone or a plane ? Does that not suggest which is less kind to the natural world ?

not at all. a
nyway what was the alternative going on a train surely you can see the difference in terms of how you hav the option of using a home fone. i just ask myself is it really necessary the use that blasted mobile. most of the time its not
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2007, 23:56   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Oh geee lets go back to the caves eh
Screw the caves ... let's head for the trees.

The end of the world is nigh, and global warming came along (in England anyway) to make the experience a little more pleasant. And getting rid of the stinging insects is a bonus. Pity they don't work on mosquitos, or skunk for that matter particularly the inconsiderate little black and white bastard who sprayed my car when I (accidentaly) drove over him last night.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 00:00   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
A real one, or a mobile phone mast disguised as a tree?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 00:04   #34
Resting in peace

I wonder how much radio activity we were exposed to before we actually knew what it was? My mate Paddy said he gave a luminous watch away because there was a report in the newspaper, that if you wore it long enough you would loose the use of the wrist. Paddy being a single man badly needed his wrist.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 00:07   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Paddy being a single man badly needed his wrist.
Yes, if only he was married...he could have got Mrs Paddy to dig up the potatoes.

(Racist and sexist = 2 bonus points.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 00:17   #36
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes, if only he was married...he could have got Mrs Paddy to dig up the potatoes.

(Racist and sexist = 2 bonus points.)
The only potatoes Paddy was ever bothered about were in his socks.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 11:20   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

The end of the world is nigh, and global warming came along (in England anyway) to make the experience a little more pleasant. And getting rid of the stinging insects is a bonus. Pity they don't work on mosquitos, or skunk for that matter particularly the inconsiderate little black and white bastard who sprayed my car when I (accidentaly) drove over him last night.
So we smell you coming now and I thought the chemical plant had an "INCIDENT."

YOU CONNECT A COMP IN A CAVE!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 12:47   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
So we smell you coming now and I thought the chemical plant had an "INCIDENT."

YOU CONNECT A COMP IN A CAVE!!
One baby skunk can outstink any chemical plant on the planet ... you have to get a whiff of the little monsters to appreciate them ... if you get sprayed, a bath in tomato juice usually gets rid of the smell ... and then you can use the juice to make a very interesting bloody caesar
Old 18-04-2007, 19:22   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
Pity that its bees- if it was wasps- now you're talking. Nuke the vicious little b*****ds!! They are the SS of the insect world wasps- evil sting you just for the hell of it little sods.
Here Here Flash, one of the b******stung my little finger and it swelled up like it was going to burst, bloody painful
Old 18-04-2007, 19:25   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Maybe last weekends episode of Dr. Who wasn't that far fetched after all. I have a mobile but I really don't use it all that much. I'm on pay as you go and top up monthly but I'm storing credit for when I'm in a field in August.
IN A FIELD IN AUGUST???? please tell us more
Old 22-04-2007, 00:56   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
IN A FIELD IN AUGUST???? please tell us more
must be a metaphor ... or waiting for aliens ... Maybe they are attracted by cell phones ....
Old 22-04-2007, 04:50   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post

If mobiles can do this to Bees, what are they doing to our brains?

As an answer to the question I posed at the start of the thread, how about these little nuggets of info which I discovered during this morning's trawl through the papers...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1687491.ece

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1687357.ece

Chemo-therapy anyone????

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 22-04-2007 at 04:52.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007, 12:57   #43

we will find something to kill the bug before they get us we won,t just sit there i will look on the net for something and that s what i think
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:36   #44
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: We're all DOOMED, DOOMED I TELL YOU!!!

From the article at http://www.willthomas.net/Convergence/Weekly/Microwave_Cooking_Hazards.htm so thoughtfully pointed to by [email protected]
Quote:
Here's a fun experiment you can do at home: Plant seeds in two pots. Water one pot with water nuked in a microwave; the other with “normal” filtered tap water. Surprise! The seeds soaking up microwaved water won't sprout.
Always up for a challenge I boiled some water in the microwave and when it had cooled I used it to water one small biodegradable pot that had some poppy seeds in it. The other pot, also with poppy seeds in it, was watered with tap water.

Most of the seeds in both pots have germinated just fine and have been put out into my ‘garden’. So bang goes another theory.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:43   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
From the article at http://www.willthomas.net/Convergence/Weekly/Microwave_Cooking_Hazards.htm so thoughtfully pointed to by [email protected]
Always up for a challenge I boiled some water in the microwave and when it had cooled I used it to water one small biodegradable pot that had some poppy seeds in it. The other pot, also with poppy seeds in it, was watered with tap water.

Most of the seeds in both pots have germinated just fine and have been put out into my ‘garden’. So bang goes another theory.

So come on then which do you believe would be the biggest and strongest?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..