Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2009, 10:01   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: were is the "line" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Ok.. don't know your posts ..and can't sat I've trawled through past posts.. but I don't need to because I get a general feeling of opposition to any foreigners living or coming here...now you lot can deny this but the are not many posts with a positive attitude to immagrants... don't stick you heads in the sand.. some people are openly racist in their posts and would not deny it.... I'm saying where is the line drawn between racism and pratical debate?
Oh dear, oh dear, Manky! Whatever have the members of accyweb done to you to deserve such a venomous attack?

We all know prejudice exists but it doesn't exist to a greater degree on here, if anything it is far less prevalent than in real life.

You claim to want a practical debate but so far all you have done is shown extreme prejudice to your fellow members, not a very good way of coaxing people to give you an unbiased opinion is it?

Or maybe for some reason known only to you you are cruising for a ban so that when you are again allowed on site you can claim to have been unfairly treated by the racists on here?

Why not calm down get a few hours sleep take a few days off the artificial stimulants you are on, then when your hangover is gone come back on here and read what you have said, it may even open your eyes to how silly you are acting!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2009, 10:09   #17
God Member

Some of my posts could be interpreted as racist, but wasnt the intention, people from other countries, entering through legal channels, and working for a living, and accepting our way of life, without forcing thier own down our throats, I have absolutely no problem with. Illegal entries, people who have come here and never worked/contributed to our society, attempt to change our customs, or have us adopt thiers, scrounge off the state, run drugs, credit card scams, and a whole lot more, are in themselves racist towards us, so to them, yes, I could be called racist.
Old 21-03-2009, 10:16   #18
God Member

Thanks Less.. at least you have opened your gob for a change..I am looking for a ban?.. you got some inside info on that?...anyways I don't regard asking a simple question as a venomous attack on anyone... I do think there is a very thin line between general grievences with the forgrieners and open racism... to push it aside is uninteresting and a cop out.... If we ever meet Less.. you buy the stakes and I'll bring the hammer.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 10:23   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Thanks Less.. at least you have opened your gob for a change..I am looking for a ban?.. you got some inside info on that?...anyways I don't regard asking a simple question as a venomous attack on anyone... I do think there is a very thin line between general grievences with the forgrieners and open racism... to push it aside is uninteresting and a cop out.... If we ever meet Less.. you buy the stakes and I'll bring the hammer.
No inside information,
Quote:
I am looking for a ban?..
Shouldn't that have an exclamation mark after it? I take it it was a statement of admission rather than a question?

Your attitude lately, there are times I can read what you write and it is bordering on intelligent and then at times like this and I wonder if you allow your moronic side to take command, which is very sad I prefer the clever one.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 10:32   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No inside information,

Shouldn't that have an exclamation mark after it? I take it it was a statement of admission rather than a question?

Your attitude lately, there are times I can read what you write and it is bordering on intelligent and then at times like this and I wonder if you allow your moronic side to take command, which is very sad I prefer the clever one.
hey am I bovverd?..does it seem like I'm bovverd?..I am asking a question and made my stance known..nothing clever or moronic..simple question.
Old 21-03-2009, 10:39   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
hey am I bovverd?..does it seem like I'm bovverd?..I am asking a question and made my stance known..nothing clever or moronic..simple question.
You ask a question then slag them of when their answer doesn't fit your profile, if you don't want people to speak their mind don't ask the question
Old 21-03-2009, 10:43   #22
God Member

No problem with people speaking their mind.. that is what this thread is about... but I do have a problem when someone slams into me just to have a dig... speak your mind about the question I asked.
Old 21-03-2009, 10:51   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

there is no answer to yer question mancie, everyone draws their own lines about stuff, n then disagrees with all others, its called life.
Old 21-03-2009, 10:59   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
there is no answer to yer question mancie, everyone draws their own lines about stuff, n then disagrees with all others, its called life.
well to me it's not called life when threads posted are aimed at the non white population and usually met with the same old tune of send em home ...but thanks for the answer.
Old 21-03-2009, 12:05   #25
Beacon of light

Was this thread posted to be contentious or do you really want some sort of serious debate Mancie?
Because I think you've had it.
I am pretty sure this subject has been covered in many guises in the past, if you care to check the archives.
Would you like vinegar for chip you have on your shoulder?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 13:18   #26
God Member

Re: Where is the "line"?

Everyone else appears to know where it is. I suggest you make more effort trying to keep on the right side of it.
Old 21-03-2009, 13:33   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Was this thread posted to be contentious or do you really want some sort of serious debate Mancie?
Because I think you've had it.
I am pretty sure this subject has been covered in many guises in the past, if you care to check the archives.
Would you like vinegar for chip you have on your shoulder?
Kind of like your last line Margaret, pity I didn't think of it
Old 21-03-2009, 13:35   #28
God Member

The idea of immigrants 'taking our jobs' is a joke. I was once offered a cleaning job because I was the only white person who applied.

I didn't take the job because I felt the other applicants were clearly more experienced than me and I was being offered the job on the wrong 'merits'

The fact that people even use that as an excuse is disgusting in my opinion.

If all the British immigrants came back to England we wouldn't have enough space for them, never mind enough jobs. And unless you were willing to accept the British people back from the other countries if we decided to kick out all their immigrants, I don't think we really have the grounds to complain.

Not to mention how much necessary talent comes into the country to work, which we would struggle to produce ourselves. Doctors are a pretty good example of that, there is a very culturally-varied selection of doctors to be found in the UK.

I personally couldn't imagine living in an entirely white country, I'd find it really peculiar having been immersed in so much culture throughout my education and life so far. I think if I was forced to work with only white people I'd probably choose to immigrate as well, as I don't believe we'd be able to achieve world-class standards of business without the diverse work force.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 13:36   #29
God Member

to be honest i feel the white man has more predjudice against him but thats the govenments and teh PC brigades fault

for example i have never heard of the police having a recruitment drive where they are told to recruit the white applicant even if the white applicant is less suitable than the black applicant

the govenment and PC brigade are probably resposible for more acts of racism than the BNP exept they discriminate against white english people

the coloured people and ethnic minorities as a whole dont demand prefiencial treatment , it is thrust upon them by teh idiots that make stup rules which lean in favour of couloured or ethnic minorities , hence building up resentment

im pretty sure teh govenment quite happily lets us get on bickering at each other as its a good distraction from noticing what the govenment is up to if were too busy bickering amongs ourselves

if dare to disagree and think it wrong that somone gets prefriential treatment because of tehir skin colour and your labled a racist

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 21-03-2009 at 13:38.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 14:22   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
The idea of immigrants 'taking our jobs' is a joke. I was once offered a cleaning job because I was the only white person who applied.

I didn't take the job because I felt the other applicants were clearly more experienced than me and I was being offered the job on the wrong 'merits'

The fact that people even use that as an excuse is disgusting in my opinion.

If all the British immigrants came back to England we wouldn't have enough space for them, never mind enough jobs. And unless you were willing to accept the British people back from the other countries if we decided to kick out all their immigrants, I don't think we really have the grounds to complain.

Not to mention how much necessary talent comes into the country to work, which we would struggle to produce ourselves. Doctors are a pretty good example of that, there is a very culturally-varied selection of doctors to be found in the UK.

I personally couldn't imagine living in an entirely white country, I'd find it really peculiar having been immersed in so much culture throughout my education and life so far. I think if I was forced to work with only white people I'd probably choose to immigrate as well, as I don't believe we'd be able to achieve world-class standards of business without the diverse work force.
Who's talking about Black and White blazey, colour has nothing to do with the troubles at the East Anglian Power Station, its about workers being shipped in to take jobs off skilled British workers, which in my book is out of order

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..