Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2011, 06:35   #1
God Member

What A Disgrace - Armed Forces Cuts

david cameron hang your head in shame while the hackgate goes on he puts 17,000 on the dole. as the army is to be cut by 17,000 soldiers
Old 18-07-2011, 07:18   #2
God Member

re: What A Disgrace - Armed Forces Cuts

it is a disgrace when you consider how much money he has borrowed to give away to other countries that never have to pay it back and on top of that the bail out of Ireland and god knows how much more to any tom dick and harry that manages to get in here under a lorry.

our services and forces are constantly slashed while this idiot throws money hand over fist at foreigners

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 07:21   #3
JFT96

Well that's is a shame, BUT let us remember. Teflon Tony sent out troops in to war, without the right equipment, little things like guns that don't work, tanks that don't work in the desert, helicopters who's blades only last 27 hours because of desert conditions, storing the latest Apache gunships as we did not buy the software to use them, not having body armour for our soldiers, breaking the covenant with them, resulting in Help for heroes, letting a 50 year old aircraft design fly when it may blow up in mid air, one did and finally getting rid of the Sea Harrier fleet, leaving the Royal Navy with empty aircraft carriers.

But as I have pointed out on numerous occasions here, you DON'T ever have a bad thing to say about the last Government, the ones who spent all the money. Saying I don't like Blair is not enough, I have not found one post or thread of yours that has anything to say about the last government made while they we in power. In fact the only time you became political was around the time of the General Election and then you are just attacking the Conservatives and Lib Dems.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 08:54   #4
Resting in Peace

Redundancy Today made in Downing Street by previous Tenants that the disgrace, Live today pay tomorrow policies have been the trait of all Labour Government in history, the last lot being the worst
Old 18-07-2011, 18:59   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
david cameron hang your head in shame while the hackgate goes on he puts 17,000 on the dole. as the army is to be cut by 17,000 soldiers
Aw for Pete's sake, are you living in some kind of time warp ? We've had this before, this is just the implementation of the 2010 UKSDSR, nothing more nothing less ! But once again your peevish, petulant, childish whining come to the fore ! If you're going to make a point at least get the facts right & not your drama Queen sensationalist antics ! Here have a look at this (from October last year), just to remind you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11563598
Old 18-07-2011, 19:09   #6
JFT96

Dave, you know what this guy is like. Any chance to have a pop at the current government, even if it has already been covered and rather inaccurate.
Still it gives him something to do, better than cut and paste. Heaven forbid he should have to answer anybody's questions!

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 19:49   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Dave, you know what this guy is like.

Heaven forbid he should have to answer anybody's questions!
I know & I concur.
Old 18-07-2011, 21:13   #8
God Member

i cant believe people think its ok to put people who have risked their lives on the scrapheap.suppose yous are the same people think its alright to put david laws on the joint committee of the draft Financial Services Bill.
Old 18-07-2011, 21:18   #9
Beacon of light

Did anyone actually say that? If they did, I missed it.
Why don't you explain what you mean?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 21:21   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Did anyone actually say that? If they did, I missed it.
Why don't you explain what you mean?
impossible yeh have to know the answer.
Old 18-07-2011, 21:32   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
i cant believe people think its ok to put people who have risked their lives on the scrapheap.suppose yous are the same people think its alright to put david laws on the joint committee of the draft Financial Services Bill.
How many of the 17,000 soldiers to be cut will be actual redundancies?..I can't imagine even the most rabid of tory supporters on here would accept troops who have been in active combat being sacked! (well maybe one exception ).
It's strange that this "review" has come up with exactly what Cameron asked for....BBC News - Q&A: Strategic defence and security review.. what was the point of a review when the numbers had already been decided?..and I seem to recall any support on this forum to the proposed cuts at that time but all of a sudden people seem to support these cuts

Last edited by Mancie; 18-07-2011 at 21:39.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 21:37   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
what was the point of a review when the numbers had already been decided?
I don't know. Do you want to tell us?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 21:39   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i find it a bit ironic that their will be less troops than in the last 100 yrs or more, well weve had 2 world wars n a few little uns in that period, so with less troops the assumption must be- we aint gonna have any in next 100.
Old 18-07-2011, 21:46   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't know. Do you want to tell us?
Ok I'll tell you..the review went ahead with hand picked individuals at massive cost to the public purse to simply publish results that had been decided in May 2010... now if that review board had come up with a different result it would have been whizzed into a shredder there you go!
Old 18-07-2011, 23:22   #15
God Member

Re: What A Disgrace - Armed Forces Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Redundancy Today made in Downing Street by previous Tenants that the disgrace, Live today pay tomorrow policies have been the trait of all Labour Government in history, the last lot being the worst
Rubbish..and lets once and for all put this to bed..these cuts in defence were the objective of any prospective tory government as from 2008 the tories had already decided these cuts no matter what!
Now it's all very nice and cosy to disregard the massive cuts in defence as some sort of cost of living "must do" economic reqiurement..this government are hellbent on cutting anything that moves..even if it means the defence of this country.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..