Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2009, 10:23   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: What have the Tories ever done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Does that mean Labour will not be proposing a council tax freeze or cut come the next local elections?
Your asking the wrong one Andrew better as the Ayatollah the next time he's on
Old 14-10-2009, 11:31   #62
JFT96

Just found this, BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Was this Thatcher's greatest legacy?

Makes interesting reading in light of Rover, Jaguar, Land Rover, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin and of course Vauxhall......

I am sure that there will be some labour spin on it though

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 13:08   #63

Quote:
Labour would be much better off if you are honest with people and admit where you went wrong.

IMHO I think that is not something that just the Labour government would benefit from...!! the Tories could also do with a large dose of that medicine too..but I feel that this is somewhat hard for a politician to swallow..... !

Last edited by nicola68; 14-10-2009 at 13:16.
nicola68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 18:09   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Does that mean Labour will not be proposing a council tax freeze or cut come the next local elections?
The Conservatives at LCC have promised a freeze and have achieved it by borrowing £40million over 3 years
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:31   #65
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
The Conservatives at LCC have promised a freeze and have achieved it by borrowing £40million over 3 years
Well after all those years blaming Labour LCC for everything wrong in the world they will have to try and make an impact now they are in the big chair

I wonder what they plan to spend £40million on?
Old 15-10-2009, 06:30   #66
God Member

as an interested outsider.......from following this and other threads it seems the biggest slice of Council tax goes to the LCC, and Hyndburn BC get the table scraps yet it comes in for most of the criticism. How many LCC Councillors represent Hyndburn ? . Apart from G Jones dont think I have read any posts on Accy web from any others ....do they know Accy web exists ?
And can someone also explain how a politician who is booted out of pubic office by the electorate qualifies (and gets within 3 months) a part-time civil service job paying £24K supervising the local hospital without the job being advertised .
just curious
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 07:16   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
as an interested outsider.......from following this and other threads it seems the biggest slice of Council tax goes to the LCC, and Hyndburn BC get the table scraps yet it comes in for most of the criticism. How many LCC Councillors represent Hyndburn ? . Apart from G Jones dont think I have read any posts on Accy web from any others ....do they know Accy web exists ?
And can someone also explain how a politician who is booted out of pubic office by the electorate qualifies (and gets within 3 months) a part-time civil service job paying £24K supervising the local hospital without the job being advertised .
just curious
For the borough of Hyndburn there are 6 county councillors - Graham Jones represents Accrington South, Miles Parkinson represents Rishton and Clayton-le-Moors, Cairan Wells represents Great Harwood. (These 3 councillors are all Labour). Mohammed Younis represents Accrington West and Peter Britcliffe represents Oswaldtwistle (They are both Tories) and Malcolm Pritchard represents Accrington North - he is an Independent.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 09:03   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I thought you'd have kept your gob shout about any form of borrowing considering how much your saviour Gordon has put this country in debt, how much £178 Billion his year alone, mind you they won't have to pay it back will they, as usual they'll leave it to he Tories to bring the country back form the edge of oblivion, no doubt Gordon will well rewarded for his efforts with a prime job in Brussels, working for President Blair, jobs which have been bought and paid for by selling this country down the river
Old 15-10-2009, 09:44   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
For the borough of Hyndburn there are 6 county councillors - Graham Jones represents Accrington South, Miles Parkinson represents Rishton and Clayton-le-Moors, Cairan Wells represents Great Harwood. (These 3 councillors are all Labour). Mohammed Younis represents Accrington West and Peter Britcliffe represents Oswaldtwistle (They are both Tories) and Malcolm Pritchard represents Accrington North - he is an Independent.
The Independent is about as Independent as you and me are.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 11:29   #70
God Member

Massive debt is not just a local (UK) problem.
I have been watching Gerald Celente's forecasts for several months now.
His latest trend announcement can be heard here
Gerald Celente News Blog

The dollar is about to collapse completely.
The USA is bankrupt, and this is due to be realised/admitted before year end.
The first sign will be a prolonged 'bank holiday' when cash movements will be frozen.- (maybe worldwide depending on what they decided at the recent meeting in Philadelphia) You will not be told about this bank holiday in advance, so that a 'run on the banks' can be avoided.
On re-opening for business a new currency will be announced.
This might be the Amero (which has already been minted)
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ged-47655.html
or a New World Currency
People who have debts are about to lose less than those who have savings - but both will be losers.
When the dollar fails there will be knock on effect worldwide.
I do not know what these will be - any suggestions?

This is not conspiracy theory - it is evolving FACT

Last edited by MargaretR; 15-10-2009 at 11:39.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 15:37   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
The Independent is about as Independent as you and me are.
Well I don't think he's reght fond of your lot Bernard
Old 15-10-2009, 18:17   #72
JFT96

Margaret, the Amero debate... well here is a direct quote from the guy.

Quote:
The owners and publishers of Snopes.com are well known jews who would lie at the drop of a hat to protct their tribe. Since it is jew bankers who have the most to gain by perpetrating the AMERO switch outlined in the story below, the kikes at Snopes have every reason to spin this story; to help their rich jew pals deceive!

I personally vouch for this story and stand-by every world of it no matter how many filthy jews come out of the woodwork to say otherwise. I caught them and they know it.
Sorry but he has lost all credibility by writing such racist filth.

No i am not a Jew, just Church of England.

Old 15-10-2009, 18:22   #73
God Member

So put in the thread you have quoted from.
There are liars on all sides - you need to hear all, before your intuition leads you decide what is true -
..................... if anything

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 18:22   #74
JFT96

And also I have found the designer of the Amero coin.....
UNA Amero Pattern Coins

but I am sure this is probably just another Jewish conspiracy to keep us at bay

So by Christmas we should know if so Margaret I will apologise. Will you come back and do so?

Also now put in the correct place.

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 15-10-2009 at 18:29.
Old 15-10-2009, 23:08   #75
God Member

What have the tories ever done? Mmmm ... seems like one, David Wilshire, has topped the list of those ripping off the taxpayer .... $200 000.00 seems to be quite an oversight on his part .... oooops If all the MPs who had their snouts too deep in the public trough did not run for re-election, there would be an awful lot of rookie members after the election.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..