Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2005, 11:02   #1
God Member

What Radio station?

OK we have done what music, so now, what Radio station do you listen to and why?

Me: Century FM. Why? it plays the music I was brought up with up to current stuff but without the dance/rubbish. Decent balance of talk/music and I can pick it up all the way from home to work unlike most other 'local' stations
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2005, 14:19   #2
Senior Member+

Re: What Radio station?

I tune in to Rock fm. 97.4
Old 31-03-2005, 14:39   #3

Depends what mood i'm in. It usually alternates between 2BR and Smooth FM. In winter if the weather's bad in the mornings, i listen to Radio Lancashire (find it very boring) for school closers.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2005, 14:40   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
OK, but Why?
Old 31-03-2005, 14:55   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

most of the time capitol gold-cos i'm stuck in a time warp.
Old 31-03-2005, 14:55   #6
Senior Member+

Depends on what time of day it is and where I am.

If it is the afternoon, Steve Wright on Radio 2.

Any other time, Heart 106.2, as they generally do regular traffic reports which is handy when I am travelling around London.

If I am not in London or it is not Steve Wright time, I put my CD player on.

I don't tend to listen to the radio much outside the car

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2005, 15:01   #7
Senior Member+

Cause i like it ian.lol
Old 31-03-2005, 15:01   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet

Yeah me too! Why? Musics good, they have a lot of fun with their tongue in cheek humour and are always getting a rap on the knuckles for testing the boundaries, the quiz's are good too.

There's just one reason I wish I didn't listen to Rock FM - because people think I'm cracking up when I'm sat in the car on my own wetting myself laughing at the radio!
Old 31-03-2005, 15:04   #9
God Member

I know what you mean though Vorlon, I wake up to the radio but its only on for seconds .

In the car its on all the time. In fact I even removed the 10 CD changer and put it in SWMBOs car as I didn't use it. I just have an old Sony Tape/Radio now.

In the house its CDs or MP3s depending on whether I want quality or convienience.
Old 31-03-2005, 16:16   #10

I listen to my own radio station that i have on the internet as it is tuned to my favourite era...the 80's!
If anyone wants a listen let me know,i'll give you the link!

Otherwise i listen to century fm.......rewind 9@9 and for the 8 80's@2,where you have to guess the link.

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2005, 17:23   #11

You know your getting old when Radio2 plays your music! Plus Radio Wave is good around here!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2005, 17:47   #12
I am Banned

I Listen to 2BR quite a bloody good local radio i listen to rock fm but the signal is crap for me, tho i do also search thro the radio stations on sky...like virgin, capital, smash hits, hits, kiss, 5live for footy etc etc depends on what songs they play if crap i flick lol

One i wont listen to no more is radio 1 what a load of rubbish!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2005, 23:51   #13
I am Banned

I think a radio station should be set up in Accrington a more local station I think it would be viable and would get alot of support. and If anyone feels they can do this I mean a legal one then contact me.
directdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 00:27   #14

Galaxy 105 I just love Hirsty, Danny and JoJo, I also listen to Trax FM Doncasters own radio station excellent for traffic news

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..