Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 02:04   #16

Re: Where are they announcing the result?

Everything stayed the same - Cllr Dad won central and Altham is now a conservative seat. Cons now have 19, Labour are down to 13 if I have got my maths right, though I have been up since 6am and have only just got back in so no guarantees!

Cos it rocks!!!

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)
MikeSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2008, 02:36   #17
Senior Member+

will be interesting to read the figures tomorro
Old 02-05-2008, 05:25   #18
God Member

Celebrations I think will be in order for many tory's across the country. Gordon Brown has reason to be worried in my opinion!

As for Bury, very very interesting

We may not have won the most seats but overall I think a point has been made about the Labour party and they're going to have to do something special to get their voters back.

BNP in Highercroft, which is terrible in my opinion but what can you do. I had a friend at uni today say out loud that BNP are the only party available for the working class. I must admit I immediately put on my fascist head and said he deserved to be shot.

Will be killing him no doubt that Tory's apparently did unexpectedly well in Wigan (his home town), so I'll definitely be happy today
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:31   #19
God Member

I should add that Burnley disgusts me.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:07   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Celebrations I think will be in order for many tory's across the country. Gordon Brown has reason to be worried in my opinion!

As for Bury, very very interesting

We may not have won the most seats but overall I think a point has been made about the Labour party and they're going to have to do something special to get their voters back.

BNP in Highercroft, which is terrible in my opinion but what can you do. I had a friend at uni today say out loud that BNP are the only party available for the working class. I must admit I immediately put on my fascist head and said he deserved to be shot.

Will be killing him no doubt that Tory's apparently did unexpectedly well in Wigan (his home town), so I'll definitely be happy today
Well blazey, Wigan we won four seats from Labour, but I can asure you that is a drop in the ocean in that neck of the woods believe me. My other half lives in Wigan Metro, and they don't count Labour votes there they just weigh um
one or two post sugested about going to hear the result with the candidates (think it was Mani) to go to he count you have to be nominated by a candidate, you then get a ticket to enter the count, no ticket on entry
Oh yesand the count ain't heald at the Town Hall now its at the Sports Centre, in the table tennis hall I believe
Old 02-05-2008, 16:36   #21
Senior Member+

what places did the BNP win seats at?
Old 02-05-2008, 18:53   #22
Senior Member+

anyone know? where did the bnp win their seats?
Old 02-05-2008, 19:03   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
had a quick look at the results and could only find one win in burnley

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 19:25   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
2 in Rotherham 3 in Stoke on Trent

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 19:47   #25
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Boris Johnson is the new mayor of London, according to the latest edition of the Evening Standard.
OMG they must be desparate!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..