Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2010, 03:35   #1
God Member

who do you trust more the BNP or the Muslim Police officers association

Seems you folks in the UK are going to have to make some heart searching decisions come the next election , without any help from the current political leadership. According to this story,( also on the BBC website) a Govt. sanctioned body (National Association of Muslim Police) think the right wing , presumably the BNP are a greater threat to the security of the UK than home born UK Islamic terrorists
Muslim police officers warn that anti-terrorism strategy is 'against British values' | Mail Online

I'm wondering if there is perhaps a fifth column at work in the British Police , and how you would feel working alongside someone who you knew from their political/religious beliefs (membership of NAMP) you couldn't trust. Wonder what this groups views are on the introduction of Sharia Law in the UK

thought about putting a poll up asking who you would trust more in the fight against terrorism (think tube/bus bombing) the Govt. sanctioned NAMP or the BNP but thought maybe too inflamatory
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2010, 10:02   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: who do you trust more the BNP or the Muslim Police officers association

I for one am totally against sections of any organisation being formed on the basis of race, colour or religion. If there were white police officers ass. white trade unions, music of white origin, there would be holly hell to pay, So why is it allowed the other way round
Old 21-01-2010, 10:53   #3
Give, give, give member

In an age of supposed equality, with statutes lawfully in place, to prevent any sort of group barring anyone based on creed, colour, gender, or sexual orientation, I do think it's very odd that certain divisive groups are allowed to exist.

The B.N.P. is being forced by law to rightfuly ammend it's rule that prevents non-white members joining, so perhaps Cherie Blair might take up the civil rights case, if a non-Muslim trys joing the Nation Association of Muslim Police.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 10:59   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
In an age of supposed equality, with statutes lawfully in place, to prevent any sort of group barring anyone based on creed, colour, gender, or sexual orientation, I do think it's very odd that certain divisive groups are allowed to exist.

The B.N.P. is being forced by law to rightfuly ammend it's rule that prevents non-white members joining, so perhaps Cherie Blair might take up the civil rights case, if a non-Muslim trys joing the Nation Association of Muslim Police.
If that happens pop to your front window, you may see pigs flying overhead
Old 21-01-2010, 11:03   #5
Give, give, give member

The Telegraph’s report on the hugely unhelpful intervention by the National Association of Muslim Police (NAMP) is highly disturbing at a time when Great Britain faces an enormous threat from Islamist terrorism. The Telegraph piece reveals the controversial stance of the NAMP put forth in a memorandum submitted to a parliamentary committee investigating extremism.
The National Association of Muslim Police is in denial over Islamist terrorism – Telegraph Blogs

Of course not all Muslims suppor terrorism, that is absurd, but the facts speak for themselves. All recent terrorist attacks in and against this country, have been carried out (wrongly) in the name of Islam.

As Steeljack posted, if you were a fifth columnist, being one of the 2,000 member of this government sanctioned association, would provide a very secure, and safe cover, whilst you carried out your work.

Old 21-01-2010, 11:37   #6
Give, give, give member

Alhough I detest everything the B.N.P. stands for, they are a legal political party, albeit one that is being forced by the law to change it's membership policy, so that anyone can join, but it is worth noting that anyone who works from the police is barred from joing the B.N.P., unlike the N.A.M.P.

Merseyside policeman Steve Bettley sacked after BNP membership probe - Wirral News

It's this sort of hypocrisy, aided and abetted by our politically correct politicans, that is fuelling the move to right-wing nationalism.

Old 21-01-2010, 11:43   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post

Lol, they're always flying over in their chopper.

Old 21-01-2010, 14:09   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post

that woudlnt be very hallal would it lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 14:57   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Seems you folks in the UK are going to have to make some heart searching decisions come the next election , without any help from the current political leadership. According to this story,( also on the BBC website) a Govt. sanctioned body (National Association of Muslim Police) think the right wing , presumably the BNP are a greater threat to the security of the UK than home born UK Islamic terrorists
Muslim police officers warn that anti-terrorism strategy is 'against British values' | Mail Online

I'm wondering if there is perhaps a fifth column at work in the British Police , and how you would feel working alongside someone who you knew from their political/religious beliefs (membership of NAMP) you couldn't trust. Wonder what this groups views are on the introduction of Sharia Law in the UK

thought about putting a poll up asking who you would trust more in the fight against terrorism (think tube/bus bombing) the Govt. sanctioned NAMP or the BNP but thought maybe too inflamatory
Feeling a bit bored again are we steeljack?

Yes, we have ridiculous minority clubs such as the National Association of Muslim Police and if they were politically correct or even dedicated Policemen they would be unified and feeling the the 'ordinary' police federation would look after their welfare as well as the naturally bigoted white policemen, who would welcome them openly just so long as they use their powers to S*** on anybody no matter what creed or colour, but why, Oh, why?

Do we need someone such as yourself isolated so many thousand miles away stirring up our Hornet's nest?

Sort out the land of your dreams before mixing it for us, we, the inhabitant's of this Country will deal with our problems whatever they may be, can I just ask politely that you as the American's say, "butt out!"

O.K. everybody let's have a riot against whatever we are prejudiced about, let's lead from the front and show the yank's what it's like to really hate everybody!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 15:08   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
that woudlnt be very hallal would it lol
Exactly, that's how devious they are lol
Old 21-01-2010, 15:14   #11
Senior Member+

I hope I never have to choose, having lived/worked for some 17 years in a Muslim country, under strict Sharia Law - be-headings on Friday mornings after prayers, along with stonings and hand chops.
Old 21-01-2010, 18:06   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Feeling a bit bored again are we steeljack?

Yes, we have ridiculous minority clubs such as the National Association of Muslim Police and if they were politically correct or even dedicated Policemen they would be unified and feeling the the 'ordinary' police federation would look after their welfare as well as the naturally bigoted white policemen, who would welcome them openly just so long as they use their powers to S*** on anybody no matter what creed or colour, but why, Oh, why?

Do we need someone such as yourself isolated so many thousand miles away stirring up our Hornet's nest?

Sort out the land of your dreams before mixing it for us, we, the inhabitant's of this Country will deal with our problems whatever they may be, can I just ask politely that you as the American's say, "butt out!"

O.K. everybody let's have a riot against whatever we are prejudiced about, let's lead from the front and show the yank's what it's like to really hate everybody!

What a crock this is .... utter crap. On a forum that claims, at least by implication, to allow all members to comment as they wish on issues of interest, many controversial, everyone's opinion should be accepted ... not necessarily agreed with but accepted. Your comments are clearly anti-American, and in this case have have no basis. I'm often critical of the US govt., particularly their foreign policy; but I draw the line at knee-jerk reactions to the comments of a US private citizen who chooses, as a member in good standing on this forum, to initiate a discussion which may be of interest to many of us.

And what is this "isolated so many thousand miles away" garbage. With almost instant access to information via the internet (the thingy I'm using now to make these comments) most people in the world who wish to be, can be as informed of what is happening in Britain as is the British "man in the street" ... maybe more so, because I have little doubt that, just like a lot of Americans many Brits are more interested in reality tv and football (or hockey) than they are in current events. You don't have to live in America to know they have problems with crime, poverty, illegal immigration, drugs, racism, homophobia, the environment etc. You just have to keep abreast of the news. You can have as much understanding, in the UK, of problems in the inner cities of the US as can someone living in a gated community in Georgia. You just have to make yourself informed instead of circling the wagons.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 20:17   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

What can you say to Steeljacks comments, the choice offered puts you between a rock & a hard place "BNP" their main tenet is the ousting of the foreigners from UK & only the Indigenous British should be allowed to live in Albion ! this alone is finding much resonance with people who've had a belly full of as they see it "useless Politicians" who aren't listening to the people. But those people include 3rd & 4th Generation, Chinese, Indians, Jamaicans, Pakistanis anon, they are also British, they've accepted our ways not wanted to change anything because that's what Britain is to them, their families & that's why they've stayed.

They're just as fed up with the state of play as the rest of the population who can track their ancestry back to the Anglo saxons, these people are British they look different, but they accept. The "BNP" would have these people out as well. Then what ? what about the economy ? jobs ? housing ? law & order ? they have nothing ! so no the "BNP" wouldn't benefit the UK at all no matter the present resentment to foreigners.

The "NAMP" they were brought into being to assist Muslim officers in ensuring against discrimination, that they could observe their religious beliefs & customs without conflict at the same time as being a serving officer. In theory all well and good but when they start moving into the realms of forming views & opinions as to who are the ones causing the most friction & problems they've overstepped their remit & require reining in.

At the end of the day regardless of religious & ethnic background, they are Police officers, they have sworn an Oath to Queen & Country and are duty bound as enforcers of the law to uphold the rights of everyone in UK, they are public servants & not public speakers and as such they should remember their position. So for me the "NAMP" should be erased from the books.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 20:55   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
What can you say to Steeljacks comments, the choice offered puts you between a rock & a hard place "BNP" their main tenet is the ousting of the foreigners from UK & only the Indigenous British should be allowed to live in Albion ! this alone is finding much resonance with people who've had a belly full of as they see it "useless Politicians" who aren't listening to the people. But those people include 3rd & 4th Generation, Chinese, Indians, Jamaicans, Pakistanis anon, they are also British, they've accepted our ways not wanted to change anything because that's what Britain is to them, their families & that's why they've stayed.

They're just as fed up with the state of play as the rest of the population who can track their ancestry back to the Anglo saxons, these people are British they look different, but they accept. The "BNP" would have these people out as well. Then what ? what about the economy ? jobs ? housing ? law & order ? they have nothing ! so no the "BNP" wouldn't benefit the UK at all no matter the present resentment to foreigners.

The "NAMP" they were brought into being to assist Muslim officers in ensuring against discrimination, that they could observe their religious beliefs & customs without conflict at the same time as being a serving officer. In theory all well and good but when they start moving into the realms of forming views & opinions as to who are the ones causing the most friction & problems they've overstepped their remit & require reining in.

At the end of the day regardless of religious & ethnic background, they are Police officers, they have sworn an Oath to Queen & Country and are duty bound as enforcers of the law to uphold the rights of everyone in UK, they are public servants & not public speakers and as such they should remember their position. So for me the "NAMP" should be erased from the books.
Dave... your statement is one of the most well balanced and realistic posts I've seen on here for quite a while.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 00:08   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What a crock this is .... utter crap. On a forum that claims, at least by implication, to allow all members to comment as they wish on issues of interest, many controversial, everyone's opinion should be accepted ... not necessarily agreed with but accepted. Your comments are clearly anti-American, and in this case have have no basis. I'm often critical of the US govt., particularly their foreign policy; but I draw the line at knee-jerk reactions to the comments of a US private citizen who chooses, as a member in good standing on this forum, to initiate a discussion which may be of interest to many of us.

And what is this "isolated so many thousand miles away" garbage. With almost instant access to information via the internet (the thingy I'm using now to make these comments) most people in the world who wish to be, can be as informed of what is happening in Britain as is the British "man in the street" ... maybe more so, because I have little doubt that, just like a lot of Americans many Brits are more interested in reality tv and football (or hockey) than they are in current events. You don't have to live in America to know they have problems with crime, poverty, illegal immigration, drugs, racism, homophobia, the environment etc. You just have to keep abreast of the news. You can have as much understanding, in the UK, of problems in the inner cities of the US as can someone living in a gated community in Georgia. You just have to make yourself informed instead of circling the wagons.
Here here!
webglynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..