Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 17:57   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Windy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Dread to think what its like down on the prom BRRRRRR
Seeing as they are digging up the tram lines we had to find a gap that we could drive over to get the car on the prom . Tried to open the car door but the wind was that strong it was impossible. Seen a slight RTA, car drove straight into the back of another one, both almost brand new cars. One was foreighn plated, the other English. It was the English mans fault as well .
Some of the illuminations had been blown down. Overall a good ride out.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-12-2006, 18:33   #47
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Oeerrr Did you ditch her?
I wish. No i was ditching parcels at the trafford centre.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 19:08   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Seeing as they are digging up the tram lines we had to find a gap that we could drive over to get the car on the prom . Tried to open the car door but the wind was that strong it was impossible. Seen a slight RTA, car drove straight into the back of another one, both almost brand new cars. One was foreighn plated, the other English. It was the English mans fault as well .

It can be quite good down there in this weather esp if tides in and its blowing right over the road,lol!!!! not good for prom walkers but fun to watch, jim and i was only on about it this morn and if i didnt have a bad cold i might have risked it
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 21:04   #49
white rabbits

At the top of our stairs is a stained glass window leading into the loft. it looks like something has fallen across it on the inside ... I darent look ....It may be just be insulation or something coz its not broke the glass......
Old 03-12-2006, 22:06   #50
Senior Member+

it bad winds up here,we were told on the weather that its gonna be 25 mph winds their havin a laugh it must be 50
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 22:12   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Seen a slight RTA, car drove straight into the back of another one, both almost brand new cars. One was foreighn plated, the other English. It was the English mans fault as well .
Well, glad you enjoyed all that jimmi5 ... sure there was a warning not to drive unless absolutely necessary. I have had to drive in all types of weather with my job, but never considered high winds and rain any sort of fun whilst driving.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 21:50   #52
I am Banned

Still rather windy out there & hasnt stopped peeing it down, i ended up with a rather big swimming pool at the side as my drain blocked up - so looks like dyno rod is on call some point this week - luck the wind blew the pool downwards so drained into the grass for now till the washer/bath is used.

Its supposed to be like this all week
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 21:55   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Still rather windy out there & hasnt stopped peeing it down, i ended up with a rather big swimming pool at the side as my drain blocked up - so looks like dyno rod is on call some point this week - luck the wind blew the pool downwards so drained into the grass for now till the washer/bath is used.

Its supposed to be like this all week
Well, at least yer' drainpipe still standing ... mine come down on small extension, trapped under green wheelie bin ... hmmph ... can stay there til stops raining.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 22:01   #54
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, at least yer' drainpipe still standing ... mine come down on small extension, trapped under green wheelie bin ... hmmph ... can stay there til stops raining.
LOL yeh i think mine are just about holding their own unlike the drain istelf lol, least u will have a nice waterfall off the guttering then LOL - oooh brought back a memory there, used to love watching the waterfalls off sloping trrace blocks to houses on gable ends with faulty/blocked guttering when it rained hard or running under neath them getting soaked it didnt half gush lol
Old 04-12-2006, 22:06   #55
God Member

well its just named blackburn in the severe weather warnings on telly for tonight amongst othere
Old 04-12-2006, 22:09   #56
I am Banned

Quote:
well its just named blackburn in the severe weather warnings on telly for tonight amongst othere
Owww is that for severe gales & heavy rain ????? what severe weather warnings ??
Old 04-12-2006, 22:11   #57
God Member

just on local news and severe gales and rain ..... its still blowing pretty bad over here but we didnt get a mention ..hope it calms down tomoz we gotta come overr there
Old 04-12-2006, 22:23   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
just on local news and severe gales and rain ..... its still blowing pretty bad over here but we didnt get a mention ..hope it calms down tomoz we gotta come overr there
LOL erm looks pretty grim here tommorow according to metcheck another wet miserable day
Old 04-12-2006, 22:26   #59
God Member

yeah looks like the brolly is comin out if it can withstand the winds
Old 04-12-2006, 22:31   #60
Resident Waffler

I had to go out early evening to the docs and did a slippery sliding act in Avenue Parade. That was fun! Hope this improves by Wednesday morning as I've got to go out again then.

Busman is out somewhere in the regions on Manchester at the mo bringing a party of schoolchildren home from a concert.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..