Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2004, 11:34   #1
I am Banned

Exclamation Winter wonderland n Accy

Well its snowing!!! Doesn't that make it feel xmassy n bloody cold lol, was going to venture to town but decided due to the weather i'd stop in where its nice n warm n hope the snow goes away by tomoz.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2004, 11:52   #2
God Member

Re: Winter wonderland n Accy

I agree wholeheartedly. It is far too cold for any sane person to be out and about. According to the forecast the weather is set to pick up in the second half of the day and become a little milder. However, it set to become colder towards the weekend and there is even talk of more snow to come. A white Christmas is becoming a possibility. How nice.

You know, I am sure I could do this weather presenting lark just as well as Micheal Fish and probably a damn sight better than that Diane Oxbury.
Old 20-12-2004, 11:56   #3
I am Banned

Pmsl Acrylic-Bob so true, mind u Micheal Fish got it wrong forcasting no hurricane mmmmmm LOL. I just hope it holds off till xmas then i can get my last bits done as im going no where really over xmas so my kids will be chuffed.
Old 20-12-2004, 12:01   #4
pat
Junior Member+

Wink Re: Winter wonderland n Accy

here in Pennsylvania it's a lovely 5F. Don't know what that is Celsius. Just as cold, no doubt.
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 12:09   #5
God Member

Five degrees farenheit?????? According to my thermometer that puts the temeperature at minus 15 degrees centigrade! OMG that is cold!
Old 20-12-2004, 12:13   #6
I am Banned

Gee Pat that is cold!!! n i was moaning about it being cold here godknows the temp it is here at the mo, i thought the US was a warm place
Old 20-12-2004, 12:16   #7
God Member

Actually I just checked the forecasts for the USA and 5F /-15 C. is about right for Allentown, Penn., but Bradford, Penn., is even colder at -9F / -23C. Wrap up warm Pat and make sure you have plenty of wood for the fire.
Old 20-12-2004, 12:17   #8
pat
Junior Member+

yes, with a delightful breeze out of the N.W. at about 25MPH. A good day to stay right where I am.
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 12:21   #9

Even though i absolutely adore snow and would love snow on Christmas day, in reality it would be very impractical. I have to do quite a bit of running around. I have to pick dad up then go to my sisters and also sometime in the morning or evening visit in-laws. So i hope it holds of until boxing day then we could have fun sledging or just enjoying looking at the snow whilst drinking a hot whiskey or drinking chocolate with brandy and baileys added to it.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 12:27   #10
God Member

Well, the 5 day forecast is for it to get a bit warmer from now until thursday and then...snow on Christmas Eve....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 12:28   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I am working on Christmas day, doing the night shift. If it snows here in Accy, then it will be twice as bad up at Queens Park. Being on the hill it tends to be a bit wild weather-wise in comparison to here. I really do not want to be on the car park for half an hour trying to dig out the car. This happened to me after a night shift several years ago and when you've worked 11 1/2 hours all you want to do is get home uneventfully.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 12:42   #12
God Member

I don't envy you one bit lettie, but I do admire you. I would not countenance working over Christmas for one nanosecond let alone working a night shift. I hope it will be a nice, quiet and easy night for you. Oh,and Merry Christmas!
Old 20-12-2004, 12:43   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
I am working on Christmas day, doing the night shift. If it snows here in Accy, then it will be twice as bad up at Queens Park. Being on the hill it tends to be a bit wild weather-wise in comparison to here. I really do not want to be on the car park for half an hour trying to dig out the car. This happened to me after a night shift several years ago and when you've worked 11 1/2 hours all you want to do is get home uneventfully.
If you're that concerned then you need to remember to take a shovel with you to dig yourself out.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 12:48   #14
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I always take a shovel in the boot of the car in winter, and have actually had to use it. It's a real bummer having to dig out after nights though. I'm usually lucky to make it down the M65 without killing anyone. I'm so tired I can barely see where I'm going.
I have 6 days off over New Year though, so that's something to look forward to.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 12:49   #15
God Member

That's a bit sharp tea.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..