Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2007, 08:30   #1
Senior Member+

Women & Packing

The wifes been sorting out what shes taking on holiday,and once again shes taking enough clothes & shoes for emmigrating with,not just for a cheeky week Can any of you ladies tell me why you have to do this,after all you could fit my gear in a holdall,but because of her fineries we (or rather i ) have to haul 2 large suitcases.And shes the one who always panics at check-in in case we're over the baggage allowance
Old 13-05-2007, 09:06   #2
God Member

Re: Women & Packing

well maxy, what happens if she gets something dirty during the day? (spills something on an item of clothing)? she'll need to change, what happens if something goes wrong and you have to stay out there a few more days? (god willing it wont) you need more clothes, us women like to choose from a few rather than having a set amount, and then there are the accsessories(sp) to go with them, shoes necklaces handbags etc
would you rather the mrs look dank n drab or nice??

i reckon the latter

so stop moaning

its a woman thing
Old 13-05-2007, 09:28   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

got the t-shirt maxwell pmsl, cost me over £40 excess a couple of years ago- and that was coming home.
Old 13-05-2007, 10:23   #4
God Member

I say to myself every year that I'm not taking as much!!! it doesn't happen, but I am going away for a long weekend in june to spain (without thi kids ) and I'm being brave and we have booked the flight with no luggage to check in, so everything has to fit in a small holdall. so have to work out what I can fit in that will last me 4 days/nights.

Either that or fly looking like michelin woman with about 10 layers on

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 11:12   #5
Give, give, give member

I once went to Hamburg for ten weeks, with all my clothes packed in a small canvas tool bag from a pound shop. Packing is all down to planning. I bet loads of women bring clothes back from holiday that they've never even worn. Lay all the clothes out on the bed, plan each day, mixing and matching, and you'll cut your luggage by half.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 11:36   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I bet loads of women bring clothes back from holiday that they've never even worn.
Never, ever Garinda .. you talking blasphemy here ..

It's not the clothes that take up the space, but the hair dryer, curling tongs, straighteners, body creams, etc., and shoes .. they take up the most space.

Found in my travels, even overnight, had a bag full of all the above as need these for one night as much as 14. My basics ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 11:49   #7
God Member

There is nothing worse than getting on holiday...... putting an outfit on and feeling un comfortable in it, then spending the night thinking " Oh I wish I had brought that top or them bottoms " so to be safe....... take everything

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 12:22   #8
Beacon of light

I am a veteran packer.......I can pack a bag to go away in about half an hour.
Last year I went on hols with my daughter and her family and took what she thought was a beach bag......it had all the clothes I needed in it. OK, I had to put my shoes in the boot of the car.
I still brought things back that i didn't wear...OK, so we were only doing self catering and didn't do much dressing up (hence the bringing back things unworn). And the place we stayed had a washer and dryer...that does make a big difference.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 12:28   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am a veteran packer.......I can pack a bag to go away in about half an hour.
Last year I went on hols with my daughter and her family and took what she thought was a beach bag......it had all the clothes I needed in it. OK, I had to put my shoes in the boot of the car.
I still brought things back that i didn't wear...OK, so we were only doing self catering and didn't do much dressing up (hence the bringing back things unworn). And the place we stayed had a washer and dryer...that does make a big difference.
I always make sure we pack a few soap powder tablets if anything needs a quick wash thru.Okay for my shorts/t-shirts,so it should be good enough for Mrs Silver.After all she insists on packing the travel iron.
Old 13-05-2007, 13:13   #10
Beacon of light

I tend to pack stuff that doesn't need ironing......who wants to go on hols to do ironing? Another real boon is those vacuum bags...the one which don't need a vacuum cleaner to compact everything really small. If clothes are packed in these little godsends, you never need fear of liquids escaping from bottles in your luggage.......and if you have dirty washing on the way home you can separate the clean stuff from the dirty stuff.
Matalan sells these travellers friends and I think that you get 2 meduim sized ones and one large one for £4. Try them, you'll like them.
Old 13-05-2007, 13:49   #11
Resident Waffler

We have to pack things for if it's hot and things for if it's not quite so hot, things for casual wear and messing about in, things for beach, things for looking smart in for the evenings, things for going shopping in just in case we need to go and buy more things, alternative things in case we don't want to wear the things we first thought of............ Need I go on?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 13:57   #12

Well i recently went to ireland with ryanair and i shared a bag with the girl i went with, i packed my stuff first and it was a quarter full, i then took it to her house for her to pack her things in and left it there till we went, when we were going i went to pick the case up from the house to find i could hardly lift the damn thing lol!! Got to liverpool to book the case in and it was 5kg over the weight limit lol so i had to pay extra for the case lol and it was even worse on the way home it was 9kg over so i really dont know what happened there. I think it may have something to do with the 7 pairs of shoes she took for a 4 day trip?????? Puzzeled me i had my trainers and the shoes i had on lol Its a woman thing i think and i dont think men will ever understand it just like we will never understand women. I can say though my ex was very good at packing she could fit my clothes, hers and the childs in 1 case, and it be within the weight for a 2 week holiday!! So i do know it can be done!!
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 15:27   #13
Beacon of light

As I've got a bit older(only a bit, mind) I have found that I worry less about fashion and more about comfort.
Old 13-05-2007, 15:34   #14
God Member

Its no surprise that women do not know how to pack. They simply lack the neccessary logic and the ability to think ahead. It's not just in suitcase packing that this can be seen - I've just spent 10 minutes stood in the pouring rain behind some stupid twenty-something female as she extracted money from a cash machine.

Here is the sequence of events:

1) It's woman's turn at said machine

2) Woman approaches machine and opens bag.

3) She then roots in bag for purse

4) Finding purse, she then opens it

5) Roots in purse for card

6) Finding card, she insets in slot.

7) Enters PIN number.

8) Wrong PIN number

9) Re-enters PIN number

10) Guess what? Wrong number again

11) Woman roots in bag again for purse

12) Finds purse and roots in purse for piece of paper

13) Reads paper then inserts card

14) Enters correct PIN number

15) Obtains mini-statement from ATM

16) Retrieves card, reinserts and enters PIN

17) Retrieves card and obtains cash

18) Counts cash, still standing in front of ATM

19) Woman's female mate turns up and greetings exchanged.

20) Womans mate ignores queue.

21) Woman's mate proceeds to 1), above.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MY TURN:

1) Card in hand, insert in slot

2) Enter PIN

3) Retrieve cash and card.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 15:50   #15
God Member

Tealeaf there are a few guys I know like that but keep the pin on their phone. They are even worse in a supermarket when at the self scan till.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..