Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2005, 23:14   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: Women blamed ....for rape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I do believe that when an individual is shown to have actively encouraged the sexual attentions of another that they must face their responsibility for their own actions
I'm not setting to argue with you again, honest, but I do strongly disagree with that. Rape can also occur in marriage or a relationship. Sexual history should not be a factor.

If a person says no, it should be respected. The defence that she, or he, was asking for it, is no defence in my eyes.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2005, 23:17   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I'm not setting to argue with you again, honest, but I do strongly disagree with that. Rape can also occur in marriage or a relationship. Sexual history should not be a factor.

If a person says no, it should be respected. The defence that she, or he, was asking for it, is no defence in my eyes.
Here here Garinda!!!! absolutely
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 23:30   #33
Member.

Quote:

Do not twist my words or intentions on a subject like this. My statement was that if an individual “irrespective of Sex” deliberately enticed or encouraged the attentions of a perpetrator they must bare some responsibility for their own actions.

I totally agree that "No means No" and that any individual who take that final step should be prosecuted and severely punished.

One final word, Clever editing of another persons post to highlite your own argument is a little tiresome.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 23:33   #34
God Member

Rape is rape no if buts whens whys or wheres it is a cowardly act that is not punnished seriously enough!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 23:41   #35
God Member

Quote:
My statement was that if an individual “irrespective of Sex” deliberately enticed or encouraged the attentions of a perpetrator they must bare some responsibility for their own actions.
Please Doug, humour me for the moment by explaining?
Old 22-11-2005, 23:45   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Do not twist my words or intentions on a subject like this. My statement was that if an individual “irrespective of Sex” deliberately enticed or encouraged the attentions of a perpetrator they must bare some responsibility for their own actions.

I totally agree that "No means No" and that any individual who take that final step should be prosecuted and severely punished.

One final word, Clever editing of another persons post to highlite your own argument is a little tiresome.
Oh do shut up. That was a direct quote. I could have quoted it all. A lot of what you said I found dubious.

Talk about freakin' paranoia.

Old 22-11-2005, 23:46   #37
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Rape is rape no if buts whens whys or wheres it is a cowardly act that is not punnished seriously enough!!
Part of the problem is society’s failure to act responsibly and I’m not belittling the subject or seeking to support the view that rape isn’t a serious crime because I firmly believe it is. But in your argument do you consider it to be rape and to be punishable when an individual goes out on a Saturday night, get inebriated beyond reason, exposed themselves in public and encourages other individuals to touch them and then goes home with them, indulges in sexual acts then goes home and then wakes up in the morning regrets what they’ve done and then accuses a the other individual of Rape? Is it rape or is it that the individual failed to take responsibility for there own actions?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 22-11-2005, 23:46   #38
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Please Doug, humour me for the moment by explaining?
I refer you to my last post........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 22-11-2005, 23:51   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
But in your argument do you consider it to be rape and to be punishable when an individual goes out on a Saturday night, get inebriated beyond reason, exposed themselves in public and encourages other individuals to touch them and then goes home with them, indulges in sexual acts then goes home and then wakes up in the morning regrets what they’ve done and then accuses a the other individual of Rape? Is it rape or is it that the individual failed to take responsibility for there own actions?
Yes it is legally rape, and im my view morally rape. No matter if the woman, or man, has a sexual history with the accused person, if that person says no, and intercourse is forced upon them that is rape.
Sorry if that offends you.

Old 22-11-2005, 23:55   #40
Member.

I think what I said was “Although I think it’s wrong to blame a victim for the actions of another I do believe that when an individual is shown to have actively encouraged the sexual attentions of another that they must face their responsibility for their own actions and this should be taken into consideration when sentencing the perpetrator.” This means that although the perpetrator “Must Be Punished” for his or her crime, if the victim actively encouraged the perpetrator to believe that consent was given then the victim should be made aware that there actions had a bearing on the outcome.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 22-11-2005, 23:58   #41
God Member

Quote:
But in your argument do you consider it to be rape and to be punishable when an individual goes out on a Saturday night, get inebriated beyond reason, exposed themselves in public and encourages other individuals to touch them and then goes home with them, indulges in sexual acts then goes home and then wakes up in the morning regrets what they’ve done and then accuses a the other individual of Rape? Is it rape or is it that the individual failed to take responsibility for there own actions?
That is one of the "grey areas" that needs addressing. Unfortunately there are some how were that plastered that whatever happened is going to make them cringe and therefore they will infer they were raped. If they are in a state of serious intoxication you would think a friend would get them home safe. Being full of drink should never be an excuse for any action.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-11-2005, 00:00   #42
God Member

Quote:

'Indulges' in sexual acts is consensual not rape!

Rape is were the person (regardless of intoxication) says 'NO'!!
Old 23-11-2005, 00:03   #43
Give, give, give member

Off thread I know, sorry.

Our very own Stan, the dirty pervert monkey, was on a repeated the Weakest Link, again tonight.

He was laughing and joking with Anne, as he won over three grand. This was before he was found guilty of a sexual assualt against an underage girl.

I BET HIS VICTIMS WEREN'T LAUGHING.

Old 23-11-2005, 00:07   #44
God Member

Quote:
Off thread I know, sorry.

Our very own Stan, the dirty pervert monkey, was on a repeated the Weakest Link, again tonight.

He was laughing and joking with Anne, as he won over three grand. This was before he was found guilty of a sexual assualt against an underage girl.

I BET HIS VICTIMS WEREN'T LAUGHING.
Wouldnt say it was of thread. The child was lucky it could have gone further and like rape it was a sexual crime.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-11-2005, 00:08   #45
Member.

Quote:
Oh do shut up. That was a direct quote. I could have quoted it all. A lot of what you said I found dubious.

Talk about freakin' paranoia.
Forgive the delay. It doesn’t offend me. And yes rape is rape and should be punished. But is it rape the morning after when someone regrets their own lack of self control due to consuming too much alcohol and then decides hours after consenting to a sexual act under the influence that now there sober they didn’t want it and then accuses an individual who believe they where engaged in consensual sex of rape. Is it rape or is it that there poor judgement was at fault. My point of argument is the is a very complex issue and if you’re going to have an open and unbiased debate you most also consider that not all cases are clear and concise, that’s way I believe that all murder and rape cases should be heard by a panel of professional jurors.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..