Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 12:22   #16
I am Banned

Re: Would You Leave Your House Empty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post

omg Chav lmao!! but it's true.....they didn't ask when he died, so you wasn't lying
the beautifull thing is that as you get older the more believable it becomes

if i was self employed i would still use the excuse

anyway the answers simple if you dont feel safe leaving a stranger alone in your house then dont

i wouldnt

Last edited by chav1; 10-12-2006 at 12:25.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2006, 12:24   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
the beautifull thing is that as you get older the more believable it becomes

if i was self employed i would still use the excuse
LMAO!!! Yeah wake up in the morning and think " omg my dads dead, I think I'll stay in bed today" hahaha

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:26   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
or leave it with a neighbour
Are your neighbours at home during the week? Do you know any of them well enough to ask them to keep an eye on the plumber.
Old 10-12-2006, 13:32   #19

Morals seem to be the answer here,and Maxwell,You Should be proud of yourself. No sort of B.S. on this issue is acceptable to an employer.Just be honest with them and you might just get a nice surprise.Church Boy
Church Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 13:53   #20
Senior Member+

Well heres me being all security conscious and what happens?The boy rolls up in a taxi from his night out,can't pay his fare & gives the driver his house key in lieu of payment Why do we bother?Imight as well ring the plumber,tell him to come round whenever he likes as the door will be wide open anyway.And you know what?Judging from the mess in the kitchen he had enough money to fill his stomach.Talk about priorities.I know where this xmas is heading already
Old 10-12-2006, 15:23   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Well heres me being all security conscious and what happens?The boy rolls up in a taxi from his night out,can't pay his fare & gives the driver his house key in lieu of payment
OMG................Have you killed him yet!!! That is a very silly thing to do!!

Which taxi firm was it??

I would be ringing NOW telling them to return the key A.S.A.P as this is your property not your lads and he had no right to do that

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 16:24   #22
God Member

usually I would also want to be here but when I was having the house and loft conversion done I had no choice unless I wanted to take couple of weeks of work...no probs at all though, in fact I usually came home every night to them cleaning up.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..