Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2012, 15:20   #16
God Member

Re: Accrington Christmas Lights 2012

Take no notice Leon, i think it's a hormone thing with him, he's at that age (think he's going through the change)
Old 26-09-2012, 15:36   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
Less, I was advertising the Christmas lights for accrington you know the town as a whole and telling people when it was, plus offering anyone who knows any local talent that may be after a chance to shine.
Yes I follow.

Quote:

The observer are giving the lights four weeks free advertisement which I sourced myself, and my time for the event is free as I am trying to make the event as big as it can be.
Well, that is excellent news.
Quote:

If there's a funding issue with accy web then lets set up a meeting and ill be happy to help and try and raise the funds required to keep the forum open and bring it to the right people's attention
There is always a funding issue with AccyWeb. I wonder, who are the right people? P.M. the Admin (Mick) with any offers you may have.

Quote:
Please can we not turn this into something it isn't less you should be supporting the fact that moving it to help local businesses and also make parents not have to run around like idiots on a Thursday.

I agree, let's not, as for me supporting it...

Quote:

Back to the topic it's the 24th November anyone that has anyone that they would like to be considered please let me know

Last edited by Less; 26-09-2012 at 15:38.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 16:54   #18
I am Banned

Bloomin Eck, you learn sumat new nearly every day.
Flashy says Thursday for as long as she can remember.
Never knew we had any lights to turn on, how long has this been going on ?.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 17:02   #19
God Member

years
Old 26-09-2012, 17:12   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
LESS how many times do you and Mick 'advertise' the Railway?
Come on Shaz thats business
Old 26-09-2012, 17:22   #21

If mick and the admins want to message me over the costing for the site ill see what I can do and also see if we can work something for accyweb
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 17:27   #22

Quote:
If mick and the admins want to message me over the costing for the site ill see what I can do and also see if we can work something for accyweb
Don't think that will happen, no stranger will be given figures like that. after all, We don't know who your 'We' is.

Somehow the title Hyndburn B.C. with AccyWeb doesn't have the right ring to it.

Old 26-09-2012, 17:31   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Don't think that will happen, no stranger will be given figures like that. after all, We don't know who your 'We' is.

Somehow the title Hyndburn B.C. with AccyWeb doesn't have the right ring to it.

Would that be the international Hyndburn B.C. Less
Old 26-09-2012, 17:48   #24
God Member

Quote:
Hi People, Just a quick one to let you all know that this years Accringtons Christmas Lights will be on Saturday 24th November starting at 5.00pm till 8.00pm.

I'm confused. Why are Accy Christmas Lights on the 24th/November ? Surely Christmas does not begin until a month later and then lasts for twelve days? Why then in Accy on only one day and only for three hours? And why in November? Is this some sort of austerity measure combined with a joint celebration for last months end of Ramadan? And why is Less being daft? Was there free beer in the Railway this afternoon?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 26-09-2012 at 17:51.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 19:00   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
years
So thats what them pathetic strings of fairy lights are for, whose bright idea was that, what real purpose does it serve ?.
I wouldn't open my front door to watch owt like that. If its supposed to aid local shop keepers why don't the councill sell the light off, and reduce the rents for these shops and stalls.
People have only so much money to spend, and a few fairy lights and some head bangers on guitars and drums won't make them spend what they have'nt got.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 19:11   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I'm confused. Why are Accy Christmas Lights on the 24th/November ? Surely Christmas does not begin until a month later and then lasts for twelve days? Why then in Accy on only one day and only for three hours? And why in November? Is this some sort of austerity measure combined with a joint celebration for last months end of Ramadan? And why is Less being daft? Was there free beer in the Railway this afternoon?
All the above seems just like below.

Old 26-09-2012, 19:21   #27

Light switch on always been done in November last year it was the 17th November we brought it forward, I'm not part if Hyndburn bc I have my own business in the town and offered my help last year to the lights and I've offered again to help, I'm not interested in getting into silly little arguments I offered to say that if there are huge running costs for this forum and I can help then I am offering a way to help by way of raising funds that's all
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 08:22   #28
Junior Member+

Much better idea ,
more people will be able to go for sure !
pinkpanther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 11:08   #29

Quote:
Light switch on always been done in November last year it was the 17th November we brought it forward, I'm not part if Hyndburn bc I have my own business in the town and offered my help last year to the lights and I've offered again to help, I'm not interested in getting into silly little arguments I offered to say that if there are huge running costs for this forum and I can help then I am offering a way to help by way of raising funds that's all
Leon good for you and thanks for offering your services - It's great to see all the families in Accrington enjoying the lights switch on and no matter what you do to there will always be some people who want to have a dig and find fault with people who are trying to do something positive for the community
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 17:15   #30

Quote:

I have been asked to organise the stage entertainment as i did last years,
O.K. I've been really, really naughty, I have upset a few of you.
I may have accepted his announcement had he not made it so self glorificating,

As it was he could have just said, the date is such and such...

No, he had to tell us he's doing a wonderful job.

O.K. I expect more tsk, you should know better, however I maintain he is full of self glorification, he isn't doing it for us, he's after his own end's.
I repeat, anyone doing the job for no gratification would not mention it in the first post.
The rest of you, call me as much as you may.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..