Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 10:54   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington Christmas Lights 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
O.K.if it makes yeh happy I think moving the switch on to sat is much preferable n a good idea fer those who are interested in the spectacle. So speaking yer mind is "nasty boys" to you dave? well then i regard yeh as a big girls blouse.
Nasty boys are a group of people that slag people off for no apparent reason, resort to name calling and band together to force a submission out of those that chose to espouse a different view. The group in question are known to all, and I am surprised they haven't jumped on this thread, perhaps later.

My choice of wearing womens clothing has nothing to do with you, and should I choose to wear a girls blouse then that is my decision, and if the big girl in question does not object then who are you to comment.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2012, 13:22   #47
God Member

you can have my blouse Dave, it will be big enough, it's like a tent
Old 02-10-2012, 13:39   #48
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
you can have my blouse Dave, it will be big enough, it's like a tent
So he won't be wearing it, he'll be living in it? Then I'll be one of the tent poles (aka supporters).
Old 02-10-2012, 15:19   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Nasty boys are a group of people that slag people off for no apparent reason, resort to name calling and band together to force a submission out of those that chose to espouse a different view. The group in question are known to all, and I am surprised they haven't jumped on this thread, perhaps later.

My choice of wearing womens clothing has nothing to do with you, and should I choose to wear a girls blouse then that is my decision, and if the big girl in question does not object then who are you to comment.
So saying nasty boys to people you don't even know is O.K.? Saying the group in question is known to all is O.K.? Saying yer surprised they aint jumped on this thread, - That to me is a pathetic attempt to bait people into a response. But never mind yeh got yer supporters, Pass the sick bucket someone. Hope yer going to see the big switch on.
Old 02-10-2012, 15:49   #50
Resting In Peace

Quote:
So saying nasty boys to people you don't even know is O.K.? Saying the group in question is known to all is O.K.?
Yes, considering some of the other stuff that gets posted on this forum.
Old 02-10-2012, 16:34   #51
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

O.K. I've been tutted at by a few members for what I said below:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Thanks for the warning, I mean heads up, must be nice to get free advertising space on AccyWeb, even though you haven't asked the Admin' for permission, perhaps the following link may be of use to you, or the site might not be here next year.
Let's have a quick look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
Hi People, Just a quick one to let you all know that this years Accringtons Christmas Lights will be on Saturday 24th November starting at 5.00pm till 8.00pm.

I have been asked to organise the stage entertainment as i did last years, So far we have booked a local band The Outsiders, and a local Dance troop from the new era complex, We have a few names in the hat for the headlining act, however if any of you have any names of local performers or any suggestions
please let me know on here.
Perhaps when I went into my above 'rant', (I don't even feel it was as bad as I wanted it to be).
Some of you thought I was against the xmas light's, well I'm not overly enthusiastic about them but I wouldn't try to stop them.

What I find to be wrong/in your face/ over the top?
Is the fact we needed to be told who was performing the miracle.

That is, self promotion, not needed others will recognise any good deeds any of us do.

I was always taught, the biggest charity you can do, is if you do something for nothing, don't tell anyone, unless you want them to feel they owe you something.

Sorry, but I still live by that.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 17:01   #52
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
O.K. I've been tutted at by a few members for what I said below:-

Let's have a quick look.

Perhaps when I went into my above 'rant', (I don't even feel it was as bad as I wanted it to be).
Some of you thought I was against the xmas light's, well I'm not overly enthusiastic about them but I wouldn't try to stop them.

What I find to be wrong/in your face/ over the top?
Is the fact we needed to be told who was performing the miracle.

That is, self promotion, not needed others will recognise any good deeds any of us do.

I was always taught, the biggest charity you can do, is if you do something for nothing, don't tell anyone, unless you want them to feel they owe you something.

Sorry, but I still live by that.
Read it how you want Less, my take on it was that he was saying he was the organiser so folks could get in touch with him if they had any ideas for acts etc.

Nothing more nothing less. If you thought he had a secret agenda, fair enough, but that's not how it appeared to me and I don't think I'm alone in that.
Old 02-10-2012, 17:07   #53
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Read it how you want Less, my take on it was that he was saying he was the organiser so folks could get in touch with him if they had any ideas for acts etc.

Nothing more nothing less. If you thought he had a secret agenda, fair enough, but that's not how it appeared to me and I don't think I'm alone in that.
I don't think you're alone with that either...

No Prob'
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 18:19   #54

Less,

I am really not going to allow myself to be drawn into your keyboard warrior wind up and get
this topic off posts.

I have explained my actions and also the reason why i posted on here to advertise the lights, there is no greater benefit in this for me, I was drafted in last year to help and i was asked again this year and i offered my time free as it is a community event, I am not on the front page of the Observer or Telegraph, or asking for a knighthood, I advertised when the event was so people that may want to attend can make plans.

I also offered to put out a request for any local talent that may want the chance to perform in front of 3000 people, Thats all.... No motives NOTHING.

Please stop taking the thread of topic, If your unhappy then ring the samaritans thats another free service which obviously people do for their own benefit eh ?
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 21:45   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
So saying nasty boys to people you don't even know is O.K.? Saying the group in question is known to all is O.K.? Saying yer surprised they aint jumped on this thread, - That to me is a pathetic attempt to bait people into a response. But never mind yeh got yer supporters, Pass the sick bucket someone. Hope yer going to see the big switch on.
My remarks were generic, aimed at a group, not individuals, you on the other hand directed remarks specifically to myself, admittedly not very inventive or hurtful, but never the less aimed at an individual. You espouse that I am entitled to my opinion, but offer no respect for the opinion expressed.

My original statement still stands, someone came on to give us information and was slapped down for his efforts. This happens on a regular basis, and I don't see it stopping until people who say "you are entitled to your opinion" mean it, rather than bully boy tactics, and attempts to humiliate.
You wouldn't treat someone in the street like this so why on here, perhaps, because if you did you would end up on your arse looking for your top set.
Old 02-10-2012, 22:04   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
My remarks were generic, aimed at a group, not individuals, you on the other hand directed remarks specifically to myself, admittedly not very inventive or hurtful, but never the less aimed at an individual. You espouse that I am entitled to my opinion, but offer no respect for the opinion expressed.

My original statement still stands, someone came on to give us information and was slapped down for his efforts. This happens on a regular basis, and I don't see it stopping until people who say "you are entitled to your opinion" mean it, rather than bully boy tactics, and attempts to humiliate.
You wouldn't treat someone in the street like this so why on here, perhaps, because if you did you would end up on your arse looking for your top set.
You do talk uninformed utter crap, I am no different in the street wi people at all, as many who know me on here will say. And don't you even dream where i will end up,
Old 02-10-2012, 22:16   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
You do talk uninformed utter crap, I am no different in the street wi people at all, as many who know me on here will say. And don't you even dream where i will end up,

But its my crap and am entitled to excrete it, isn't that the point of this rant of yours. I also point out that if you call someone names in the street, and I am saying in general, not specifically, people will not thank you for it.

If you say you treat people in the street the way you do on here, then that is sad, as, on here you resort to name calling without provocation, just because someone expresses an opinion you don't agree with, simply move to the next topic. Or perhaps that is the gist of it, baiting people for fun.
Old 02-10-2012, 22:27   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
But its my crap and am entitled to excrete it, isn't that the point of this rant of yours. I also point out that if you call someone names in the street, and I am saying in general, not specifically, people will not thank you for it.

If you say you treat people in the street the way you do on here, then that is sad, as, on here you resort to name calling without provocation, just because someone expresses an opinion you don't agree with, simply move to the next topic. Or perhaps that is the gist of it, baiting people for fun.
You did not say people would not thank me, You said i would end up on me arse, That is baiting, Nerd and big girls blouse aint name calling to me, you obviously view that different. Its a plain speaking opinion, nothing more. So what you are saying is if someone disagrees with n opinion, don't say so move on. Well got news for you sunshine "On yer Bike"
Old 02-10-2012, 22:42   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
You did not say people would not thank me, You said i would end up on me arse, That is baiting, Nerd and big girls blouse aint name calling to me, you obviously view that different. Its a plain speaking opinion, nothing more. So what you are saying is if someone disagrees with n opinion, don't say so move on. Well got news for you sunshine "On yer Bike"
A nasty response is just that, a nasty response,belligerence does not make for a good discussion, and no matter what I say you are just repeating the same tripe, dressing it up as plain speaking. I can see that this will not advance past your repetitive posting so will leave the thread with you. My original point was not addressed, instead pushed aside, so will leave it for the readers to decide.

It is easier to catch flies with honey rather than vinegar.
Old 02-10-2012, 22:46   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I highlighted your post 55, cos that can be construed as a threat, So the readers can decide that as well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..