Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 12:47   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Accyweb sponsored cricket match

Can understand that Derekgas .. wouldn't be much fun for him, would it .. LOL

The staff have prepared the buffet and booze, so Harwood Red and I still going.

Hope other people see this.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2008, 13:19   #47
g78

Ok folks - well Lindsay just rang me from the cricket ground, and the match is definitely ON - just a later start time of 2.45pm. So fingers crossed that the weather will hold out.
Old 01-06-2008, 18:29   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78 View Post
Ok folks - well Lindsay just rang me from the cricket ground, and the match is definitely ON - just a later start time of 2.45pm. So fingers crossed that the weather will hold out.
Did do a couple of overs I reckon G78, but started to rain again and was finally 'axed' around 3.30 p.m. ... were you there ?

Anyway, did actually have a wonderful afternoon, white wine to meself (except for Lindsay's mum sharing a little .. lol) and brilliant buffet. More people around than I expected.

Glad I went .. thanks Lindsay. x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 18:56   #49

Good buffet, good company, enough booze, just lousy weather - suppose you can't have everything. Thanks Lindsay!
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 21:10   #50
Senior Member+

Well. the great British weather stymied us again! No play and match abandoned, many many thanks to the hearty souls who turned up anyway, Katex, Harwood Red, Brfc 1974, g78,Sparks and Lettie, Ossylass and Andrew. We had a fun day and a good buffet, the company was sparkling and the first Eleven very much appreciated our efforts .
We raised the not inconsiderable sum of £145 for the club, a great effort for a rainy day and of behalf of David and the team a big thankyou !
Old 01-06-2008, 22:38   #51
God Member

well to say the match was called off and the weather was miserable I have to say I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.... couldn't even finish all the lager on offer...loving the ice cold pint cans of fosters

Had some great debates, conversation and laughs, in fact I have to agree with somthing Lettie said, instead of being on here on a virtual accyweb debate we had a real live one going.... hey and don't cross katex after a few drinks if she disagrees with you

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:52   #52
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Had a thoroughly lovely afternoon, shame about the cricket but the British weather beat us all, maybe get a game next time...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 17:51   #53
Senior Member+

I have had a letter given to me addressed to the Accyweb members who sponsored the (sadly washed out) match last season, the Club say " we thank you for your support throughout the 2008 season and hope you will continue to support Accrington Cricket Club in the future."
Hopefully we can do something similar again next season !
Harwood Red, I have a letter for your Ultras too thanking them for their sponsorship !

Thanks chaps!
Old 14-11-2008, 18:13   #54
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Harwood Red, I have a letter for your Ultras too thanking them for their sponsorship !
Harwood reds ultras... sorta rolls off the lips that
Old 14-11-2008, 18:51   #55
Senior Member+

Cheers K -P ! David's bit is in the Wisden Cricketer magazine out now if you want a nosey !
Old 14-11-2008, 19:06   #56
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Cheers K -P ! David's bit is in the Wisden Cricketer magazine out now if you want a nosey !
What and where can I get that... never heard of it .. but interested..

BTW looking forward to a lot more cricket this summer.. have new equipment and looking to be taking much better cricket pics...., Wanted to have a word with you or whoever does fundraising about it..
Old 14-11-2008, 19:13   #57
Senior Member+

Okies, our kid won the Wisden Cricketer club cricketer of the year and there's a write up in the Dec Wisden mag ( albeit a small one !) he has won the award, a new kitbag and wait for it....... a bat !
Old 14-11-2008, 19:16   #58
K-P

yeagh I know what he did and what he won... and I know its in the wisdom mag... My questions was/is .. whats the wisdom mag and where can i get it?
Old 14-11-2008, 19:41   #59
Senior Member+

Wisden Cricketer, £3;75 from newsagents on Broadway or Smiths, as for wisdom not sure ! hehehehe
Old 14-11-2008, 19:42   #60
Senior Member+

It's got Kevin Pietersen on the front if that's any help ! ( it's enough for me grrrr)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..