Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2005, 09:30   #1
mez
God Member

August Bank Holiday Meet Up

the next meet up will be on the saturday 27th august, 7-30pm in the stag inn,....in church, we have an accyweb visitor from germany coming to see us, so i hope we can give him a great accyweb meet greeting (he he he ). so come on guys & gals get the babysitters organised & come & enjoy yourselves, & hopefully meeting & making new friends.

Last edited by mez; 14-08-2005 at 12:32. Reason: mis spelt a word
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2005, 09:46   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Aust Bank Holiday Meet Up

Upto now i have not missed 1 meeting since we started them at christmas 2003 but as this could be the last meeting i will get to for a month or two i will be there and so will Anne...so lets make it a great 1

Last edited by Mick; 07-08-2005 at 09:49.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:28   #3
Give, give, give member

We will make it a good and then!!!

Perhaps the next meet could be at the hospital in Blackpool?

Well we could fit in the illuminations as well as seeing Mick.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:32   #4
Give, give, give member

Will be there for sure.

Ukcowboy was in chat last night, and said he was able to go with Sparks as long as he could bring his daughter who is up visiting. He pm'd Stag, so fingers crossed the old git agreed.

You never know he might bring his instrument!

Old 07-08-2005, 14:17   #5
God Member

be warned uk was telling me he expects his daughter to be wearing a belt!!! (although he has stated he's banned her from doing so).

I'm really gonna try and make it, will just have to abandon the kids if all else fails!!! only joking! If can't get anyone to have them will pop in for an hour with them if thats ok (they are 12 & 13 so not babies)

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 19:02   #6
God Member

I haven't booked the sitter yet but it shouldn't be a problem.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 17:23   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I'll be there but working Sunday again, so I'll be budgie supping the Strongbow..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 19:17   #8
Junior Member+

Unfortunately, that meet I can't make as already have other plans. From the people on here that I have chatted too far and messages I have received everyone seems so friendly! The last meet deffo looks good from the pics and from what Sarah has told me about it. This site is really good! Hope everyone that goes to the one in August has a really good time and I'll make it to one soon, am sure!
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 16:58   #9
Resting in peace

Will be there, definitely. Even with the ugly landlord, etc ....... (don't mean it, Stags).
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 00:27   #10
land of hope and glory

O.K mez what we having to eat?fancy a good owd bum-burner special .....i make a good un? Aust Bank Holiday Meet Up just thought i would ask are we going german?

Last edited by staggeringman; 12-08-2005 at 00:34.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:48   #11
Resting in Peace

If members would like to come to this meeting on the 27th Aug in the Stag at church at 7:30pm there will be a entrance fee ......................1 clean keyboard
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:02   #12
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

If there's going to be food put on, then I think we should all cough up a quid or 2 for it...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:54   #13
mez
God Member

sorry staggers youv'e been let off !!! this one he he he, mands is booked to do the food, yes please a whip round for food is a good idea, just £1 each i think will cover it, so i need some specific numbers please so mands knows how many she is catering for. thanks .
Old 14-08-2005, 11:56   #14
Give, give, give member

I was talking to someone who has never been to a meet, who was put off by the fact that they didn't want their photograph in the gallery. Someone has mentioned before that we have other people attend who don't wish to appear in the gallery, and if you let Mick know you can be assured that you won't be.

Any one who hasn't been before, be assured they are a great bunch of folk. It's a fun social event, and all differences are left at the door.

If you are in two minds about coming, give it a try. I am a relative newbie myself, and through these meets have met some wonderful people and made some very good friends.

You'll receive a warm welcome if you can make it.

Old 14-08-2005, 12:12   #15
God Member

True... I ahve been to a couple.. including the inpromptue (spello?) taking roy for a drink the other week.... mick knows i dont like my photo on and doesnt publish it.... anyone worried should send him a PM ... no one will be any the wiser

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..