Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2008, 19:31   #1

Blackpool illuminations

Hi all,
We went to the illuminations on friday and the kids loved it.
We parked the car near Bispham and walked through them and then we got a tram back.
I am now going to try and show you some pics,sorry there not very good i took them with my phone.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0064.jpg (47.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-0068.jpg (53.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-0069.jpg (49.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-0072.jpg (62.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-0077.jpg (59.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-0078.jpg (53.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-0079.jpg (51.4 KB, 11 views)
mumtotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2008, 19:41   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Blackpool illuminations

We went last night, attempted to drive through and then gave up, it was late and the kids had had enough by this point so wasnt too bad but what they did see they enjoyed, saw the fireworks, they all enjoyed that but the traffic was absolutely crazy. Didnt take any photos though
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 20:09   #3
God Member

Mumtotwo well done you for walking from Bispham . Its a fair trek , bet you were all yonks by the time you got to tram stop.

Emzy wont say I told ya so lmao!!!! dont blame ya hun best time to go thru the lights are mon to thurs you can sail thropugh without probs.

and NOOOOOOO your not dropping them off as much as they are just the cutest little things lol.. Ive made a rod for my own back with the airplanes.lol....
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 20:30   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Mumtotwo well done you for walking from Bispham . Its a fair trek , bet you were all yonks by the time you got to tram stop.

Emzy wont say I told ya so lmao!!!! dont blame ya hun best time to go thru the lights are mon to thurs you can sail thropugh without probs.

and NOOOOOOO your not dropping them off as much as they are just the cutest little things lol.. Ive made a rod for my own back with the airplanes.lol....

Awww Ya love it really Nanna
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 22:51   #5
God Member

We went on the first night, same old usual rubbish, kids were`nt impressed , the eldest would sooner have stayed in the Sealife (rip off !!) Centre.......but no doubt as every year we`ll be back again next August....!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 22:44   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
We went on the first night, same old usual rubbish, kids were`nt impressed , the eldest would sooner have stayed in the Sealife (rip off !!) Centre.......but no doubt as every year we`ll be back again next August....!!!
I agree - Seen one light bulb you've seen them all!!
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 23:02   #7
white rabbits

just arrived back from Blackpool ,it was heaving.... the fireworks tonight were just magnificent,,,,,The grand-kids thought they were great and for once the weather was fine
Old 26-09-2008, 23:27   #8
God Member

How long are the illuminations on for? Haven't been for years and the firework displays are an added bonus. Might just treat the grandkids to a visit
Old 27-09-2008, 00:55   #9
God Member

was gonna take my boys tonight but unfortunatlyhad to cancell due to some super strain of man flu

will be taking them both next week instead armed with sparkly sticks and a leash to keep the youngest from jumping out teh car window lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 01:03   #10
God Member

Quote:
accyman!was gonna take my boys tonight but unfortunatlyhad to cancell due to some super strain of man flu
you got a cold mate?
Old 27-09-2008, 15:07   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
you got a cold mate?

next time im round at yours im gonna sneeze at ya and see if you think its a cold when you get it lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 15:14   #12
Resident Waffler

The fireworks are all over and done with. It's an annual competition and the last night was yesterday.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 17:08   #13
God Member

Number 2 son has nicked my car for the evening to take the grandchildren and thier grandma to the illuminations, which means i will probably get bullied into going next week!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..