Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 09:39   #1

Blackpool lights!!! Anyone going?

I've had a sneak preview of this years Blackpool lights last night!!! They have a preview night when they light them all up,just to make sure that the lights work when they are switched on for real on friday night! I recon they are well worth a look at! and if you are coming over at the weekend they are having a firework display on the prom Saturday and Sunday night!!!!
Anyone going to see the switch on? I'm busy dog sitting! DJ Chris Evans is doing the honers this year! and McFly plus others are on stage at the carpark back of the Coral island!!!
If you can't get over this weekend they run right through to November!!!
This site will give you all the info!http://www.blackpooltourism.com/illuminate.asp
Go and see em if you can!!!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2005, 10:24   #2
God Member

Re: Blackpool lights!!! Anyone going?

Will probably go along, and take the kids. Not that fussed with them myself but, we have to do our bit for the kids, as in 'oh.......ahhhhh....eeeeee aren't they nice' kind of thing.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:35   #3
Senior Member+

Last time i went we got stuck in traffic at a slow moving pace and i was sooo needing a weee, oh god did i nearly pee myself.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:37   #4

while your talking about blackpool is it true wristbands for the pleasure beah are 10 pounds

mel3ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:45   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO
Last time i went we got stuck in traffic at a slow moving pace and i was sooo needing a weee, oh god did i nearly pee myself.
OMG you are not the only one!!! Just read that post to my son and his words were "that was you too Mum." It's a nightmare, I was so close to just getting out and doing it in middle of road, it was awful. You don't want to turn off to find a loo cos then the kids miss out on the rest of the lights, but the relief when you get through em and can finally go!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 18:19   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel3ft
while your talking about blackpool is it true wristbands for the pleasure beah are 10 pounds
I've no idea about the price of wrist bands Mel! but this is the site for the pleasure beach and I'd dare say they will have a price list on there!!!
http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/HTML/home/

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 20:23   #7
Len
God Member

I went about 3 years ago with my ex-girl friend and her two children (4 and 5) and it was a complete nightmare. The slow moving traffic was horrendous. We must have sat there for hours going no where, well it seemed like hours, maybe one or two. We gave up in the end and decided to turn off at the nearest opportunity and even that took ages. The poor kids were in tears with pain because they too needed the loo. Never again!
I would suggest that you don’t drive through the lights. Park the car somewhere and walk and I bet that won’t be easy either. hehe

Last edited by Len; 01-09-2005 at 20:25.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 16:56   #8
land of hope and glory

easiest way to see the lights is park up down the south get a tram or walk up the sea front to the tower!cross over and walk back getting some grub on the way into your car and home! easy when ya know how plus it saves on fuel.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 17:11   #9
g78

Staggers is right. Best way to see the lights is to park up and then walk down the front, plus you can stop off on the way down in the arcades, shops etc. And if you are lucky someone might buy you some Candy Floss.

The news this morning said that the lights were supposedly extra special this year, and much more extravagant.
Old 02-09-2005, 18:28   #10
Senior Member+

Blackpool lights always signaled the start of winter (end of british summer time) so it will soon be cold enough to freeze the off a brass monkey, then Bonfire Night, then Christmas. Just gonna grab another beer while I sit by the pool.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 20:27   #11

Never been interested in Blackpool lights.

Would love to sit by the pool with a beer. As i am so jealous i should deduct some karma of you Bazf, but i am not that mean. Enjoy your beer.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 20:52   #12
God Member

We always park up and walk through, will definately go at some point this year.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 21:06   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
Never been interested in Blackpool lights.

Would love to sit by the pool with a beer. As i am so jealous i should deduct some karma of you Bazf, but i am not that mean. Enjoy your beer.
You must have put bad karma on me its just started raining.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 21:28   #14
mez
God Member

why don't you get a coach party up with a load of parents & kids, it would be fun im sure, it used to be when i was a kid.
Old 02-09-2005, 21:28   #15
Give, give, give member

Think I'll give it a miss and take in the Accy Christmas/Easter/St. Swithen's/Halloween lights instead.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..