Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2006, 12:29   #1

Blackpool Pleasure Beach weekends

Sensational SUPERSAVER WEEKENDS kick off on 18th & 19th February and run up to the weekend of 1st & 2nd April for 2006.
More information can be found Here

On these Saturdays and Sundays all wristbands are just £10 in February and £12.50 in March/April.
Pleasure Beach has joined forces with Rock FM and Magic 999 to bring top radio DJs spinning tunes to a backdrop of exciting and colourful explosions. Find them on the Rock FM stage, right in the centre of the park, opposite the Avalanche ride from 5.30pm.
Spectacular Free Fireworks Display Saturday 18th February starts 6pm.

Anybody having a trip over??

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2006, 13:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach weekends

Yes Jason,Im going to Blackpool tomorrow along with another 3,000 or so FC United fans.You'l probably catch a few on the Big One.Thanks for putting a firework display on for the lads,we really weren't expecting such hospitality.
Old 17-02-2006, 20:34   #3

You're welcome!!
:engsmil:

Old 23-02-2006, 12:29   #4

My friends going this weekend to Blackpool unfortunately I can't join her.
Wristbands for a £10 can't beat that.
I'll try and get there while the offer is still on.
MissMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 13:04   #5
Senior Member+

Could not go now if i wanted to i went to see Final Destination 3 on valentines night and ill be damed if i step foot near a rollercoaster for a while.lol
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 14:45   #6
white rabbits

i believe it was heaving last weekend,,i think its on until easter then the prices will rocket..
Old 23-02-2006, 19:49   #7
I am Banned

although a tenner sounds like a good bargain if you want to go on the good rides you will probably only make 4 or 5 possibly six rides

the next time i go i am going to spend a little more and go during the week and get on more rides

granted full price tickets would be a lot of money for a family but on an individual basis you get better value going midweek paying full price , until the holiday season that is
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:14   #8

After the saver weekends...................
Pleasure Beach, Blackpool opens daily on Friday April 7th with unlimited show & ride wristbands at just £15. And as an Egg-stra special pre-Easter treat the £15 wristband deal remains in place until Thursday April 13th.

Full price unlimited show ‘n’ ride wristbands begin on Friday April 14th (Good Friday).
Normal price.........£29.00 each

Old 01-03-2006, 10:20   #9
God Member

My wife took my two sons on from 1pm to 6-7pm while I photographed the Blackpool Mechanics v FCUoM game. The younger one managed half a dozen rides on the little kiddied ones..

The older one managed just two rides because of the massive ques.. this included queing for over an hr to go on the val halla ride only to be told half way along that it was now closed due to techhie difficulties...

Same old story .. its the ques that kill it and even a tenner wasnt a bargain for him..

At euro disney and other places they ahve brought in a system where you go buy/book the ride and they give you a time to come back... saves massivly on ques.... blackpool surely have to impliment it soon.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:27   #10
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX

At euro disney and other places they ahve brought in a system where you go buy/book the ride and they give you a time to come back... saves massivly on ques.... blackpool surely have to impliment it soon.
Thats a great idea..and so simple too.....
Old 01-03-2006, 13:33   #11

ques too long your paying a tenner to get on 2 rides not worth it at all !!

mel3ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 21:30   #12
Senior Member+

We went on sunday, got there about 1.30pm, had a look around the pleasure beach before paying for wristbands........ HUGE queues.. the reason being that Many of the best rides were NOT running and the ones that were only had the minimum number of carriage's on the track....

That in my book is a RIP OFF...... Deliberate and annoying......

So I took my cash and we went on the pier fair........ Had a real good laugh and NO queues

YOU get NOWT for NOWT........
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 22:07   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
YOU get NOWT for NOWT........
Your missus gave you a whack in the gob with a 4 by 4 for nowt (for nowt so you say)
Old 19-03-2006, 10:56   #14

3 weeks left before the end of the saver weekends.Then it's back up to full price!!
It's geting busier over here as well now the weather has improved.
I'd try and take advantage now.

Old 19-03-2006, 11:29   #15
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach weekends

well jason just come back from blackpool and i must say what a enjoyable weekend it was? cant wait till next mouth going again.
RONNIE-1-2-3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..