Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 12:11   #16
I am Banned

Post Re: Bobby Ball in Ossy

I did speak to him.. He came to the Crown pub regarding comments made on THIS website..Presumably to clear the air with the Crown landlord. There was confusion as to where things had been said..As the Accrington Messageboard was mentioned..I was called into the conversation due to the fact that I made the official Accy website and setup the MB

Turns out it was comments made on here and not the official site... So as I also use this and I was a little merry at the time  I had my two peneth worth... nothing bad.. Wished him luck.. Made the point that I thought he had his head screwed on and 10 points for having the idea to telephone clubs to get them to go to his pub.. excelelnt statergy and I told him so..

However like I say..I was a bit happy.. the beer fairy was chatting me up

If you look in the accy sports bar theres lots of 8x10 pics of players... I did a load of action shots for the crown pub..about 20 but he hasnt used them yet

I want my pics up in as many accy pubs as possible.. I am going to write a post on the subject now..all FREE pics

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2003, 15:23   #17

Harry, it was my idea to contact away clubs, in return for a couple of free pints of course, it's a quality set up mate, they watch the lunch time game on SKY, have a few beers, the kids play pool etc and he puts on butts and food free of charge for them
Old 10-09-2003, 15:29   #18
I am Banned

Goopd on ya. The landlord never said anything when I praised him.. just nodded as if to say fanx  

The problem was.. Someone somewhere said someone had suggested fans should NOT go to the Crwon and should go tot he Stanley instead... I aint never read anything like that and we all agreed that seemed to eb a fabrication somewhere along the line...

All was well in the end..

For the record.. I only go in the Crown pre and post match on a saturday.. I don't go pubbing otherwise and aint a regular at the Crown or anywhere else But if I was looking for a regular pub I think I would choose the Crown.. great landlord and landlady. smashing grub and all round good pub IMHO..Not been in Stanley so cant compare

Old 10-09-2003, 15:36   #19

Make yourself a memeber then only £2, or £1 for senior citizens ( Cazzer !!, oops sorry couldnt resist lol )
Old 10-09-2003, 15:55   #20
Caz
God Member

Don't get that! ???
Why's that directed at me? Not exactly the oldest on the forum Ruud ya know! long time to go before the bus pass yet!
check a few profiles
 ;D  ;D  ;D

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 15:56   #21
I am Banned

hehehe hook line and sinker
Old 10-09-2003, 15:56   #22

Only kidding Caz Baz !! :-*
Old 10-09-2003, 15:59   #23
Caz
God Member

Nah!  Just pointing it out! doesn't bother me ruud buud  ;D ;D

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..