Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 13:06   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Bonfire Night?

the one at rising bridge was set alight by idiots the other night so I dont know they have a new built up in time if you know what I mean...and what goes on that the cricket club...where do they have the bonfire ? or is it just the bar thats on the go ...and will they be serving black peas?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2006, 13:10   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser
Come with us if you want Accymel. We are going to go Cricket Club about 8ish. Get a taxi if you dont drive. Harwood Red is coming, she is driving. Let me know.
Will see ya up there then
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 13:11   #33

Great Accymel, we getting there about 8ish. Will PM you my moby number.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 13:14   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy
the one at rising bridge was set alight by idiots the other night so I dont know they have a new built up in time if you know what I mean...and what goes on that the cricket club...where do they have the bonfire ? or is it just the bar thats on the go ...and will they be serving black peas?
anyone help..cos I will have to explain whats going on to some folk if I suggest it...

cheers
Old 04-11-2006, 13:16   #35
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
Bowley scout camp Gt Harwood usually has a bonfire and fireworks display. I haven’t heard anything this year or seen any adverts.
I personally have been many times and it’s usually a good doo. They do charge you to gain access and charge for parking but it’s all to raise money for the scout camp. If it is on, chances are that it will be tomorrow night, not sure of the time though (early).
I have sent them an email asking for some info but it may be a bit late now to expect a reply.

Bowley Scout Camp

I’ve had a reply from the Bowley scout camp team and I’m afraid that they no longer hold an annual bonfire.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 13:17   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy
and what goes on that the cricket club...where do they have the bonfire ? or is it just the bar thats on the go ...and will they be serving black peas?
Big bonfire and usually a good firework display and a fun fair for the kids, bonfire is usually to your right when you go through the gate, not sure about the black peas, beware though - it's usually very muddy, put yer wellie's on

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 13:21   #37

Hi Glasgow Guy - I usually go to the cricket club one every year, its always very good. Big bonfire just to the right as you go in. There is a display, and some good grub too. Think its a pound in. Dont know about the peas though as I cant stand the ugly little things!!

Last edited by Kisser; 04-11-2006 at 13:30.
Old 04-11-2006, 13:23   #38
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser
Great Accymel, we getting there about 8ish. Will PM you my moby number.
Great stuff im praying it dont rain mind i should be used to that with going stanley pmsl!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 13:36   #39
Senior Member+

thanks very much kisser and ksh...
Old 04-11-2006, 13:44   #40

No probs Glasgow Guy - me and Accymel will see you down there
Old 04-11-2006, 18:58   #41
Resting in Peace

Aaaah, enjoy yourselves you lot, think I am now missing this event now my children, grandchild are grown up. Well, wouldn't be I suppose if it were pouring down

Can see lots of rockets from my patio window, so will make do with that, but if any treacle toffee or parkin left over, please bring to the next meet Oh, and black peas.. haven't had them for at least 50 years !!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 20:38   #42
Senior Member+

Just been accrington cricket club was a great one

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 20:43   #43
God Member

Wish I had gone there too, went to the Plough instead, not even a bonfire there
Had a decent firework display but would have been better with a good fire to keep people warm

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 21:21   #44
God Member

Just got back from Blackpool. We went to see Eclipse with the kids - amazing - then watched the firework display.

Although I didn't get chance to watch it. We were stood outside in the freezing cold for over an hour because someone (not me) thought it started at 6 when it started at 7.15. Two seconds after it started Maddie turned around and said she needed to go to the toilet so we had to go into the nearest cafe. When we got out we got to watch two minutes of the show then it was all over. The bit I saw was good though! hehe

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 21:30   #45
I am Banned

Went to the cricket club display - it was a bloody good firework display wasn't it?

Good job we got there on time - unlike some people

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..