Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 23:02   #61
I am Banned

Re: Bonfire Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
now you tell me
Pmsl!!! its always the case with good plans think about one after lol ...ah well
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2006, 07:40   #62

Well I stay offline for the weekend, come back and my name is plastered all over Accyweb!!!

I cant believe I missed everything!! The fire was started at 7pm, I am not the only one who thought if we get there for about 7.40 the fire will be big and hot and we'll be there for the fireworks and the grub.

We literally had to battle our way down Thorneyholme Road, against the flow of people coming away from the Cricket Club. Kind of sussed something was wrong! Got there, the fire was dying a death - the fireworks had been and gone, and when Harwood Red turned up ten mins later all the grub had gone. How bad did I feel!!! Two starving kids, no food, no fireworks...

At least the bar was open, and yes Accymel the bar did prop me up - there was nothing else left to do! Few of the footy lads turned up later, after their trek to Peterborough - walked into an empty cricket club with a drunk Kisser and Duke at the bar! Oh well, maybe I will leave any plans for next year up to someone else.

Sorry Harwood Red, but at least you had the sense to get there on time Accymel Word of advice - never listen to me!!
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:41   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Aaaah, enjoy yourselves you lot, think I am now missing this event now my children, grandchild are grown up
You're never too old to enjoy bonfire night! I haven't got any kids, but still enjoy it as much as I did when I was ten.
Old 06-11-2006, 15:59   #64
God Member

Well Thank God Its Over
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 17:15   #65

You scrooge cerokee!!
Old 06-11-2006, 17:42   #66
Senior Member+

Always a big attendance at the Cricket Club bonfire;it was great as usual !Now if we could just persuade some of the hundreds that were there to show their faces during the cricket season the Club would be very grateful! C'mon you lot;most of the "off" season is very much "on" at the cricket club !
Old 06-11-2006, 17:44   #67
I am Banned

I really dont like cricket tho! thats why i dont go
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 17:45   #68

I dont like it, dont understand it - the only aspect that interests me is sitting in the sunshine drinking beer, and I can do that in my back garden for free!
Old 06-11-2006, 18:14   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser
You scrooge cerokee!!
No not really kisser, always enjoyed it but dunno why this year seemed to be soooo much noisier lol
Old 06-11-2006, 18:15   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
No not really kisser, always enjoyed it but dunno why this year seemed to be soooo much noisier lol
Now that, to me Cherokee, sounds like the beginning of old age
Old 06-11-2006, 18:32   #71
God Member

OMG Just off to buy some bangers lmao
Old 06-11-2006, 20:50   #72
Senior Member+

lmao cya im having ago wiv sparklers that are left over

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..