Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 08:58   #1
God Member

Calling any Burnley Fans!

This is another 'don't shoot the messenger thread'!I know there are a lot of Burnley fans who live in Hyndburn who might be interested in this.From 7th January to 11th February, Mid Pennine Gallery is hosting an exhibition of behind the scenes photographs from Burnley Football Club. Photographer Andy Ford, is a local man who has been given exclusive access to all areas (including the changing rooms, ladies!!!!).Gallery is open Wed - Sat, 10am to 4pmFree AdmissionDisabled AccessContact me if you want any more details but it should be a good exhibition.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2006, 10:38   #2
Member.

Re: Calling any Burnley Fans!

That’s nice Gayle. Will Mid Pennine be doing something similar in respect of Accrington Stanley? Past, Present and Future perhaps…..There’s certainly no shortage of excellent photographic material and I would have little doubt that today’s Photographers would object to there work being shown.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:51   #3
God Member

The photographer is a well known (in photography circles) name and has exhibited with us before. We were actually approached by Burnley Football Club who had commissioned the photographer as all the pictures have been put into a book that they have produced. We had a gap in the programme and things fell into place easily and quickly.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:01   #4
Member.

Excellent Marketing...............

All power to them Gayle and I them every success with the book and the exhibition. I just felt that it would be nice for someone to do something similar for the Town and its Team. Although I’d hate them to be accused of jumping on the band wagon.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-01-2006, 14:10   #5
God Member

I did broach the subject some time ago.. dissapointed to see burnley get in where I got the cold shoulder

Ossy mills have agreed to give me as much room and time as i want for a display of accy photographs... But I simply cant afford... it means a lot of pics developed and mounted
Old 05-01-2006, 14:13   #6
Super Moderator

Who gave you the cold shoulder, Kipax?...the Mid-Pennine Gallery?
Old 05-01-2006, 14:22   #7
God Member

Not sure Sorry if that sounds odd.. Havent kept my PMs.. spoke to gayle about displaying football photographs re the things she was involved with... i got the reply that photographs are up and coming or soemhting.. its all a bit hazy...upshot was nothing forthcoming... it was now seeing gayle advertise burnley pics ...... seemed wrong... I guess its going to be different departments or somehting like that.... or wrong handshake ? sorry couldnt resist last bit
Old 05-01-2006, 14:27   #8
Super Moderator

Come on, Gayle, give the lad a chance! I realise that you're a Rovers fan, but if you can do it for Burnley, surely you can do something for your local club!
Old 05-01-2006, 14:30   #9
God Member

It's all a bit hazy to me too but I certainly wouldn't have rejected it, I think it's a good idea. In fact, I think I might have given suggestions of places locally that would be ideal, including Ossy Mills. I probably didn't think it that at the time it fitted in with anything else I was doing that doesn't actually mean I was giving you the cold shoulder.

This exhibition though is funded by Burnley FC so the same things would apply about costs etc. They've paid for all the prints and stuff plus, they commissioned a photographer to do the work.

Old 05-01-2006, 14:34   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Come on, Gayle, give the lad a chance! I realise that you're a Rovers fan, but if you can do it for Burnley, surely you can do something for your local club!
For one thing it's not me who's doing it for Burnley - it's Mid Pennine Gallery, who I work for but I don't programme the exhibitions.Secondly, I would love to do something for my local club and have looked into sorting out a history project based on them. I think it would be more appropriate to do something at Haworth Art Gallery or at the club or even at the Town Hall though.Thirdly, yes, I'm a Rovers fan but that's not exclusive - I always check Stanley results etc.Finally, I knew by posting this that I would get shot. I'm just the messenger!

Old 05-01-2006, 14:39   #11
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I'm a Rovers fan but that's not exclusive - I always check Stanley results etc.Finally, I knew by posting this that I would get shot. I'm just the messenger!
I look forward to seeing you on the 21st Gayle; we could all get together and discuss your conversion…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-01-2006, 14:39   #12
God Member

I didnt say you had rejected it I said nothign was forthcoming. I had been to your website where it seemed to be encouraging artists type things and I approached you re photograph displays ..... you said somehting along the lines of yes photographs is being included in the future.... that was it really...

time passes and then your in here advertising burnley photograph display and yes i am shooting the messenger.... sorry but put yourself up there and all that..

i asked you and nothing was forthcoming.... nothign wrong with that and it didnt effect me at the time either way.... it was a pleasent discussion.. all nice and cosey Its what your doing now that then makes it smell a bit for me personally..
Old 05-01-2006, 14:41   #13
Super Moderator

OK, I've put the gun away now. Some sort of photographic exhibition based on the club past and present at the Haworth or Ossy Mills sounds great. Maybe a few local companies could sponsor it. All it needs now is organising and we all know that you're very good at organising things, Gayle...Gayle?...
Old 05-01-2006, 14:42   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I look forward to seeing you on the 21st Gayle; we could all get together and discuss your conversion…..
I take it you mean at the Cambridge game and yes, I had already planned to come to it.

Old 05-01-2006, 15:29   #15
God Member

Just had a lok at mid pennine website http://www.midpenninearts.org.uk/ pretty sure thats the one i looked at in aug but wasnt finished and no photography stuff at that time...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..