Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2006, 13:41   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Fashion, Fabric and Fun

My main concern is, will African Head Wrapping provide adequate protection against the elements during a rainy afternoon on the Clayton End? If it will, I'll be there!
Old 15-11-2006, 13:41   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Not wanting to jump to the gentleman’s defence at all, but isn’t this a little bit like the “Pot calling the Kettle”
No, it's no secret my life amongst you mortals is an art performance.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 13:43   #18
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
No, it's no secret my life amongst you mortals is an art performance.
Yes, OK Mandy.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 13:45   #19
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
My main concern is, will African Head Wrapping provide adequate protection against the elements during a rainy afternoon on the Clayton End? If it will, I'll be there!

What is Head Wrapping, Is it something the St John's lads can show us at the FES....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 15-11-2006, 13:45   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
No, but it could be useful for the people behind you to balance their cups of tea on!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 13:45   #21
Resident Waffler

Art isn't just something to bung on the wall. I like all sorts of arty crafty things and what's wrong with having your head wrapped for fun if you enjoy it? I had a thing wrapped round my head when we were in Tunisia - you should have seen Busman in his and the long striped 'nightshirt' that went with it! Why shouldn't we have fun and share things like this from other cultures? Life gets far too dull otherwise.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 13:47   #22
God Member

[quote=Doug]What is Head Wrapping, quote]

To be honest, Doug, I'm as intrigued as anyone - from what I understand it is the skill of turning a strip of colourful fabric into headwear (sort of like a turban, I presume).

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 13:49   #23
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Art isn't just something to bung on the wall. I like all sorts of arty crafty things and what's wrong with having your head wrapped for fun if you enjoy it? I had a thing wrapped round my head when we were in Tunisia - you should have seen Busman in his and the long striped 'nightshirt' that went with it! Why shouldn't we have fun and share things like this from other cultures? Life gets far too dull otherwise.
When my tears of joy have run dry, Please may I see the photos, purely for arts shake of course........

May I say will Willow I totally agree with you...................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 15-11-2006, 13:50   #24
Give, give, give member

Could I have my head dressed in a more traditionally British way?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 13:51   #25
Member.

[quote=Gayle]
Quote:
What is Head Wrapping, quote]

To be honest, Doug, I'm as intrigued as anyone - from what I understand it is the skill of turning a strip of colourful fabric into headwear (sort of like a turban, I presume).
And If I come, whom will be wrapping my head, and can I have Red and White fabric and keep it for the match at FES........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 15-11-2006, 13:51   #26
God Member

Quote:
There's no veil wearing on that list
Old 15-11-2006, 13:53   #27
Member.

Quote:
You have a hat like those, don't you.........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 15-11-2006, 13:55   #28
God Member

Good idea, Wynonie. I reckon Gayle should move the Head Wrapping bash to the goal mouth in front of the Clayton End this saturday ..just think, in a few weeks time no one will be complaing about a roof as thosands desend upon the FES dressed in their finest Zulu head dress.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 15:05   #29
I am Banned

[quote=Gayle]
Quote:
(sort of like a turban, I presume).
a clean turban not a dirty turban
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 16:03   #30
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Less, Tealeaf - what is your problem?

All I'm doing is putting on an event that might appeal to some members of the community - clearly not you - but then again not everyone likes to spend all their spare hours in the pub!

Every time I put a thread on about an arts event you have a go at me. Other people, on the other hand, complain that there isn't enough arts provision in the area. This event is bringing something fun into the area - just because you don't like it (or don't understand it) doesn't make it less valid.

From what I understand, I posted this thread in the Nightlife and Events section of the forum. It was to inform people, who might be interested, that something was going on. If I hadn't have posted it how would people know what was happening?

PS - yes, it was a typo about the Environmental arts going on twice.
High horse time again eh? What is it pre-do nerves? as usual a tease,

Quote:
What the heck is Environmental arts? and why does it need two mentions?

It's o.k. no need to answer, I googled for it basically mini panopticons!
(from me, can't talk for tealeaf), is taken as a deep dark criticism, but you find fit to lump us together. T' doesn't need my help in criticising you, I don't need his help to tease you.

But I've got to admit you've gone overboard yet again to put together an afternoon that really does make us blokes want to dash out and join you in these enthralling events. I personally will spend the afternoon counting how many grains of rice I can push up my nose before I have to swallow, (maybe it's not what you call art but I bet I could get a grant for it!).

Now in future could you please not put T' and I in the same category, I will tolerate these none events he can't stand them, I will always tease you given the chance because I think you can, (given time), realise that's what I'm doing.

So far as spending time drinking? I am always grateful to the woman that drove me to it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..