Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 22:56   #1

Fun places to take a toddler?

Getting bored of taking my little lad to the same places, ossy mills to feed the ducks and been to just about every park known to man (he still enjoys them but id rather give him more variety).

Anyone know of any fun and prefferably inexpensive places where a 2 year old will enjoy going?

All suggestions welcome.
Old 03-05-2009, 00:01   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Fun places to take a toddler?

I think this is just a case of Dad getting bored, not your toddler.

Wide open spaces with a few swings is all they want/need at this age ... hence why he still enjoys the parks. Don't be pressurised into expensive entertainment.

Not saying whether you can get further afield in a car ?

Parents on here seem to recommend soft play centres.

There are always special events around, like the Noise Exhibition at Haworth Art Gallery and, of course, the Party in the Park today at Rhyddings Park.

Children of this age love to paddle, and anywhere in the countryside where they can throw pebbles in the river is always good fun. e.g. Edisford Bridge.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:07   #3
Senior Member+

we took our little one to 'farmer teds' in ormskirk yesterday...its basically a farm theme park type place...with tractor rides, sand pits, slides, plenty of animals to see and touch and they also have the hugest indoor play area I have seen and the restaraunt they have there uses all the meat thats 'grown' from the farm for the food they sell..
really good day out..so if your little one likes animals and tractors then go there..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:45   #4
Senior Member+

My two love going to any soft play area, park etc. (they are 2 yrs old) they have ben to smithills farm in bolton a couple of times recently and have really enjoyed it each time and keep talking about the farm. Your little 'un would enjoy it there too id think. Its not too expensive for a day out either, it came to just short or £20 for me and the boys which included tractor rides and donkey rides (for the boys obviously, i didnt go on the donkeys lol)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:22   #5
Senior Member+

do you want to go to some playgroups? the different sure start centres do them and mount pleasant apparently have a few good one but i dunno cos thats a bit far for me... will dig out my list for you.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 18:29   #6
God Member

little treasures is good for younger children, teh frame is more suited to them and ther is lots of stuff for the younger child that teh big PLay Centres don't seem to have.

You could always do stuff like swimming ( a few floaty things makes for great fun as does a toy watering can and stuff to fill up )

take a walk round teh allotments in Bash, theres ducks, swans, horses(Brucie and Lucie I believe), hens, goats etc. take some bread carrots, apples etc and the kids love it(at least Siobhan does)

you thought of planting seeds etc? Siobhan has carrots, pumpkin, turnips, peppers, all on teh go but its not too late to start some things.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..