Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2010, 19:48   #1
God Member

Happy Mount Park - Morcambe

took Reece to Morcambe today and had a wander down to Happy Mount Park, now i havent been since i was a kid and oh my god how good is it now? they have opened a new part of the park that is made entirely out of wood, they have used tree branches to make a kind of maze, they have a zip slide, a big water fountain area for the kids, the swing boats and trampolines that have been there since i was a kid, they still have the tiny railway and the crazy golf and puttin green, they have a small restaurant and a japanese garden and a nature walk, its well worth going for the day with the kids, the only things that really cost you are the railway (a quid) the swingboats and trampolines (a quid each)
Old 26-06-2010, 22:01   #2
God Member

Re: Happy Mount Park - Morcambe

I might get my boyfriend to take me there tomorrow if the weather is still nice. I don't think I've ever been but there is a lovely quiet beach in Morecambe that we'll be going to anyway so I might just nag him a bit and get him to take me there as well!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 06:45   #3
God Member

did you know that the sand in Morecambe has all been imported? there is a tiny stretch of beach that was only 'made' 3 years ago just further down than the Midland Hotel, the reast of the beaches are made from mud, thats the only bit of beach (with sand) you will find in Morecambe Blazey and it certainly isn't quiet, i only know this because we took a tour bus to the park yesterday and the conductor told us
Old 27-06-2010, 07:26   #4
God Member

And....................dogs are`nt allowed on the imported sand bit of the beach............................................. .
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 09:04   #5
Senior Member+

i might go next week, like you i havnt been since i were a kid and i used to love it!!!
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 10:46   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
And....................dogs are`nt allowed on the imported sand bit of the beach............................................. .

i'm not surprised, its only a tiny stretch of beach, not enough room for people let alone pets
Old 27-06-2010, 10:53   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Good, i have a dog n would never dream of taking him on a beach.
Old 27-06-2010, 14:56   #8
Senior Member+

oooh fantastic thanks, thats our saturday sorted next week

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 15:53   #9
God Member

its brilliant Emma, Ty will love it, Grace might be a bit small yet but its still a good day out
Old 27-06-2010, 21:59   #10
white rabbits

no more MR BLOBBY
Old 27-06-2010, 22:43   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
no more MR BLOBBY
yeh granny but accys full of em.
Old 27-06-2010, 23:14   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
took Reece to Morcambe today and had a wander down to Happy Mount Park, now i havent been since i was a kid and oh my god how good is it now? they have opened a new part of the park that is made entirely out of wood, they have used tree branches to make a kind of maze, they have a zip slide, a big water fountain area for the kids, the swing boats and trampolines that have been there since i was a kid, they still have the tiny railway and the crazy golf and puttin green, they have a small restaurant and a japanese garden and a nature walk, its well worth going for the day with the kids, the only things that really cost you are the railway (a quid) the swingboats and trampolines (a quid each)
where abouts in morcambe is this? bearing in mind I have no knowledge of the place!
sound like a good day out..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 15:06   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Have a look at this web site Happy Mount Park

And this map
Old 28-06-2010, 15:53   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good, i have a dog n would never dream of taking him on a beach.
Why not Cashy .. they love it. What harm would they do ? As long as you pick up their pooh of course.

I always loved Happy Mount Park .. haven't been for a few years though (all charges grown up now). Neil .. did you notice if they still have the lights in there ? Realise you will have left before dusk.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 22:09   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Why not Cashy .. they love it. What harm would they do ? As long as you pick up their pooh of course.
what if the dog started wi the trots? lovely stuff fer kiddies to play in, its all about thinking of others.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..